This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
smokin.gif

Kun Aguero turns 29 today.

Speaking of, what's the news surrounding him? Is he in Pep's plans moving forward?

Speaking of, what's the news surrounding him? Is he in Pep's plans moving forward?

The City chairman in the interview the other day said it was never in question if Aguero was staying or leaving and he was always part of the plans going into next year.

I dont understand this Lukaku slander either. Bootleg Costa :smh:

Did yall not watch him tear your favorite BPL clubs to pieces this year? Absolute machine. Lukaku>Morata without a doubt.

Morata skillsets and technical abilities are better but thats more suited as a CF to me. Lukaku is more of aerial threat, better hold up play, more clinical finisher with pace and strength. How do you not salivate at those traits as a Premier League manager?

Im banking on Lukaku getting 20 goals a season over Morata in the Premier League.

Ohh and the LeBron slander in this thread :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Nah that's actually one of the areas he struggles most in due to his inconsistent first touch and poor passing.

The below video obviously only shows his poor moments but I've watched enough Everton matches to know that it happens more than you'd like. Still a very good striker.

The City chairman in the interview the other day said it was never in question if Aguero was staying or leaving and he was always part of the plans going into next year.

Makes sense, would be silly to sell a player in his prime that scored 33 goals last season.

Enzo got a call up for the final

He better come through clutch af for Father's Day :lol:

But when my brother Neymar scored that beautiful free kick? I jumped up from my couch and was screaming at the television.

Vamoooooooos!”

And when Sergi Roberto performed a miracle in the 95th minute?

Like every other Barca fan in the world, I was going absolutely crazy. Because the truth is that Barcelona is still in my blood.
smokin.gif

I remember during one training session, Messi was doing things with the ball at his feet that defied logic. Of course, that is what he did every day. Only this time, something was different.

Now, I need to remind you, this was an extremely intense training session. We were not messing around. Messi was dribbling through the defense and finishing like a killer.

And then as he’s running past me, I look down at his cleats, and I’m thinking to myself, Is this a joke?

He comes running past again, and I think, No, it’s impossible.

He comes running past again, and now I’m sure what I’m seeing.

His damn cleats are untied. Both of them.

I mean completely  untied. This guy is playing against the best defenders in the world, just floating around the pitch, and he’s acting like it’s a Sunday in the park. That was the moment when I knew that I was never going to play with someone like him ever again in my life.
smokin.gif

If you turn the word football  backwards, it spells Pep.

He is a genius. I’ll say it again. A genius.

Pep would tell you exactly how everything was going to happen in a match before it even happened. For example, the game against Real Madrid in 2010, when we won 5–0? Pep told us before the match, “Today, you’re going to play like the football is a ball of fire. It never stays at your feet. Not even a half second. If you do that, there will be no time for them to pressure us. We will win easily.”

The sensation when we left every one of his prematch talks was like we were already up three-nil. We were so empowered, so prepared, that it felt like we were already winning.

The funniest thing was if we came in at halftime and the game wasn’t going well. Pep would sit down and rub his forehead. You know how he rubs his head? You’ve seen it, right? Like he’s massaging his brain, searching for the genius to come to him.

He would do this right in front of us in the dressing room. Then, like magic, it would come to him.

Bang!

“I’ve got it!”

Then he would jump up and start barking out instructions, drawing maths and figures on the board.

“We will do this, this and this, and then this is how we will score.”

So we would go out, and we would do this, this and this. And that’s how we would score. It was crazy.

Pep was the first coach in my life who showed me how to play without  the ball. And he wouldn’t just demand that his players change their game, he would sit us down and show us why we wanted us to change with statistics and video.  
smokin.gif

Those Barca teams were pretty much unbeatable. We played by memory. We already knew what we were going to do. We didn’t have to think.

That is why, to this day, Barca is in my heart.
dani always been a real one.

great article.

Last edited:
Olivier with the beautiful finish :pimp:

the service from dembele too

Olivier with a brace by the 13th minute

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom