There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

and for the record this isnt real love vs public displays of affection.  nobody has a problem with LDJ loving his kids Anton. Just because Im pro-marriage doesnt mean I dont have real love without a marriage or wedding.  Why can't I have what LDJ has and get married?  I swear ya'll too smart to be this stupid
You would think.
laugh.gif

She probably won't get it, but you put it a lot simpler/straight foward than I did. Irregardless of what he's done-which I wasn't even sure of when I commented on his post-how does it make what he said any less true? Am I expected to get a summary of every event in every NTers life to agree with them? I OBJECTIVELY agreed with what he said
I got it. Thanks.
tongue.gif
I'm just very big on who is delivering the info. Call it the Holden Caulfield effect but if I can't trust who is delivering the facts I don't listen regardless of if there maybe some truth to them of not. Doesn't make me weak-minded like how you think I am.

^^^^Hmm so you call someone "******ed" because he doesn't have the same subjective approach to an NTer he isn't too familiar with? So by your logic would I have been less "******ed" if those facts came from someone else. I remind you I wasn't as familiar with LDJ when I commented on the many truths in that specific post. If I spoke to a stranger and he tells me people should raise their children, is someone allowed to call me ******ed for agreeing with that statement based on their own personal experiences/familiarity with the stranger?

Hmm you learn something new everyday. I probably need to get karyotyped to see if there are any abnormalities.

^^^^Hmm so you call someone "******ed" because he doesn't have the same subjective approach to an NTer he isn't too familiar with? So by your logic would I have been less "******ed" if those facts came from someone else. I remind you I wasn't as familiar with LDJ when I commented on the many truths in that specific post. If I spoke to a stranger and he tells me people should raise their children, is someone allowed to call me ******ed for agreeing with that statement based on their own personal experiences/familiarity with the stranger?

Hmm you learn something new everyday. I probably need to get karyotyped to see if there are any abnormalities.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

and for the record this isnt real love vs public displays of affection.  nobody has a problem with LDJ loving his kids Anton. Just because Im pro-marriage doesnt mean I dont have real love without a marriage or wedding.  Why can't I have what LDJ has and get married?  I swear ya'll too smart to be this stupid

Then what's the argument? I agreed with his specific post and got heat for it and I'm also agreeing with you, I've essentially taken both sides of the argument in this thread....and somehow it made people like you mad for no damn reason. If you want to get married go for it, I campaigned for gay people to get married it's clearly important to some people. The arguments for some people being against marriage are equally valid...it's a personal choice. You can have what LDJ has and get married. He can have what he has WITHOUT marriage. If you went back and read my responses it's obvious that I am "OPEN" to marriage if I find someone worthy. We're clearly arguing for the sake of arguing.

The argument is I believe 99.9% of the people that don't believe in marriage are full of crap and aren't getting married for the wrong reasons.  money paranoid, scared of commitment, cheap, unfaithful, immature, etc.  not because "I just don't need it".  People like LDJ and others feel otherwise and believe it's possible and acceptable to have kids and grow old together and be faithful but never get married.  

Then what's the argument? I agreed with his specific post and got heat for it and I'm also agreeing with you, I've essentially taken both sides of the argument in this thread....and somehow it made people like you mad for no damn reason. If you want to get married go for it, I campaigned for gay people to get married it's clearly important to some people. The arguments for some people being against marriage are equally valid...it's a personal choice. You can have what LDJ has and get married. He can have what he has WITHOUT marriage. If you went back and read my responses it's obvious that I am "OPEN" to marriage if I find someone worthy. We're clearly arguing for the sake of arguing.

The argument is I believe 99.9% of the people that don't believe in marriage are full of crap and aren't getting married for the wrong reasons.  money paranoid, scared of commitment, cheap, unfaithful, immature, etc.  not because "I just don't need it".  People like LDJ and others feel otherwise and believe it's possible and acceptable to have kids and grow old together and be faithful but never get married.  

Hmm you learn something new everyday. I probably need to karyotyped to see if there are any abnormalities.
In hindsight I acknowledge that ******ed was an insensitive and inappropriate word but you haven't been on my gold star list since that thread and you know it so I rocked it reckless. I apologize. 

Hmm you learn something new everyday. I probably need to karyotyped to see if there are any abnormalities.
In hindsight I acknowledge that ******ed was an insensitive and inappropriate word but you haven't been on my gold star list since that thread and you know it so I rocked it reckless. I apologize. 

LDJ wasn't faithful to his "old lady".

LDJ wasn't faithful to his "old lady".

How are those not good reasons? A huge percentage of marriages fail for those reasons. Many men cheat on their wives, how the hell is not wanting to be unfaithful not a good reason? Is the magical ring going to make men any less inclined to cheat? If you truly believe that you're extremely naive. Some people care about finances, and financial matters are a big part of why many marriages fail-you don't have to agree with it but it is a concern for some understandably. How is wanting to take precautions and making sure you're ready for marriage not a good reason. Fear of commitment may not be a big deal for you, but it is a huge deterrent for others. Who the hell are you to judge? I'm not getting married because i haven't found the ideal woman that would out-weigh some of my concerns. Do I have the wrong reason as well? Should I ignore my instincts and rush into marriage in hopes that I don't become a statistic of the many failed marriages in this country? Do people who want to wait till they're financially stable, established their careers before starting a family have wrong reasons as well? There is a plethora of reasons different people have for not wanting to get married, and on the flipside a lot of people get married for the wrong reasons.

Like I said get married if you're ready and if it's what you want. Don't get married if you have unresolved issues. It is very possible to have kids and grow old together and not be married-if an unmarried couple can stay together till they're old, have wonderful children and raise them together-the fact that they don't the magical ring and a piece of paper doesn't make them any less of a wonderful couple. If someone "just doesn't need it" how are you gonna tell them what they need when you aren't them?

How are those not good reasons? A huge percentage of marriages fail for those reasons. Many men cheat on their wives, how the hell is not wanting to be unfaithful not a good reason? Is the magical ring going to make men any less inclined to cheat? If you truly believe that you're extremely naive. Some people care about finances, and financial matters are a big part of why many marriages fail-you don't have to agree with it but it is a concern for some understandably. How is wanting to take precautions and making sure you're ready for marriage not a good reason. Fear of commitment may not be a big deal for you, but it is a huge deterrent for others. Who the hell are you to judge? I'm not getting married because i haven't found the ideal woman that would out-weigh some of my concerns. Do I have the wrong reason as well? Should I ignore my instincts and rush into marriage in hopes that I don't become a statistic of the many failed marriages in this country? Do people who want to wait till they're financially stable, established their careers before starting a family have wrong reasons as well? There is a plethora of reasons different people have for not wanting to get married, and on the flipside a lot of people get married for the wrong reasons.

Like I said get married if you're ready and if it's what you want. Don't get married if you have unresolved issues. It is very possible to have kids and grow old together and not be married-if an unmarried couple can stay together till they're old, have wonderful children and raise them together-the fact that they don't the magical ring and a piece of paper doesn't make them any less of a wonderful couple. If someone "just doesn't need it" how are you gonna tell them what they need when you aren't them?

this thread just illustrates how sad society is

bottomline people are extremely selfish and dont have the capacity for love or to be faithful

this thread just illustrates how sad society is

bottomline people are extremely selfish and dont have the capacity for love or to be faithful

Financially of course, two incomes are better than one. Not to mention the tax breaks. Ya'll got the game backwards, you supposed to wanna be with someone you want to wife. Too many women out here not to be messing with rich ones. Even if you marry for love, would you rather pay a g for rent or 500 with tax benefits AND smashing? 

Financially of course, two incomes are better than one. Not to mention the tax breaks. Ya'll got the game backwards, you supposed to wanna be with someone you want to wife. Too many women out here not to be messing with rich ones. Even if you marry for love, would you rather pay a g for rent or 500 with tax benefits AND smashing? 

Why is it that all of the strong pro-marriage advocates in this thread are so abrasive while on the other hand, those who aren't are keeping it civil?

You have those saying that marriage makes people superior calling others "******ed", "full of crap", "stupid", "selfish", "immature", has it ever occurred to those saying this that maybe they just don't want to get married? Or is that too "******ed" of a viewpoint to understand? 

Why is it that all of the strong pro-marriage advocates in this thread are so abrasive while on the other hand, those who aren't are keeping it civil?

You have those saying that marriage makes people superior calling others "******ed", "full of crap", "stupid", "selfish", "immature", has it ever occurred to those saying this that maybe they just don't want to get married? Or is that too "******ed" of a viewpoint to understand? 

Damn OP/TS bitter as a muh--laundry and dinner for starters-no shocking beer goggle wake-ups either

Damn OP/TS bitter as a muh--laundry and dinner for starters-no shocking beer goggle wake-ups either

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by Al Audi

you might meet someone who will change your view on that opinion one day OP.
Women are depreciating asssets. Why buy when you can lease.

yo da ninja.......dominicans arent black?

no wonder shorty got preggers w/ that other dude (his shoe closet prolly bigger than your room too-which, ironically, is also your shoe closet)

Still1rise, depreciating eh? what are you?....worth more after youve already left the lot? GTHOHWTWBS

so you wanna be 89 years old, alone, chasing 20 year old buns or 89 year old buns (who in your words are already depreciated)?

both scenarios are whack.

stability and close knit family FTW

that main by your side FTW

(oh wait nevermind you'll have your 'life partner' - about the same age as you - with you when you're 89.......but not married nevermind im wrong) 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

you might meet someone who will change your view on that opinion one day OP.

no wonder shorty got preggers w/ that other dude (his shoe closet prolly bigger than your room too-which, ironically, is also your shoe closet)

Still1rise, depreciating eh? what are you?....worth more after youve already left the lot? GTHOHWTWBS

so you wanna be 89 years old, alone, chasing 20 year old buns or 89 year old buns (who in your words are already depreciated)?

(oh wait nevermind you'll have your 'life partner' - about the same age as you - with you when you're 89.......but not married nevermind im wrong) 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom