There are NO benefits for men to get married.

yea, i never cheated on a girl.  i'll just break up with them before hand.  i'm not about that.  i'm not trying to give a chick trust issues for years to come.

i have a 5 year old daughter.  i had her when i was mad young.  i am def not trying to have more kids down the road with someone who doesn't have any and wants to start a family.  i'm not trying to have young children for like 30 years.  if i ever did get married it would have to be with a girl who didn't want kids or already had children and was done with that stage of her life.  

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

You could literally love your wife and still fall prey to temptation.
I think it is difficult for most to understand and agree with this. People hurt people they love all of the time. The intentions aren't to hurt, the intentions are to fill a void. Yes a man CAN love his wife and cheat on her. I don't view the two as related. Now, it is very disrespectful but to say, "If you cheat you don't love." Nah that is such a black and white view on it.
laugh.gif
So my husband can love me but still cheat on me with 10 + women(Tiger style) and possibly bring diseases into our bed? That's a love that is acceptable? That's a love that should be tolerated? That doesn't sound like love to me. That sounds like a relationship based on convenience. Your big on the concept of not having to change your lifestyle or anything about yourself when you get into a relationship but personal change within a relationship isn't always a bad thing. Relationships are about compromise, sacrifice and sharing.

There are many variables to how and why people choose to live their lives the way they do but I believe this all goes back to a moral compass you either have or you don't and it has nothing to do with religion(so don't start Anton). Just like how I can have my opinion about LDJ and him having a possible love-child out there and not pushing to get a DNA test and ALLOWING his FRIEND to serve time for back child support and whatever else he said when it may not even be his kid. It's all connected to the type of person you are. What your made of. Your character. Why a person would see being with the person they love as taking away there freedom or possibly taking there paper in a divorce but not seeing the positives. It's all connected. At least that's what I believe.

Ok so since your all about showing and proving, then why dont you go back to africa etc leave america. You havent did anything proven validated that you love living in the usa. I served two terms and defended our country, so by your standards you arent a true citizen and are a fake a fraud. I should question your character. So since you havent did anything to validate to outside sources you love your rights and freedoms you dont appreciate them. Ok so how many civil right movements have you attended? How many equal women rights movements you have started and engaged in? So see we can use your logic on other aspects of life. Exactly what you said except i used it for equal rights and equality.

yea, i never cheated on a girl.  i'll just break up with them before hand.  i'm not about that.  i'm not trying to give a chick trust issues for years to come.

i have a 5 year old daughter.  i had her when i was mad young.  i am def not trying to have more kids down the road with someone who doesn't have any and wants to start a family.  i'm not trying to have young children for like 30 years.  if i ever did get married it would have to be with a girl who didn't want kids or already had children and was done with that stage of her life.  

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

You could literally love your wife and still fall prey to temptation.
I think it is difficult for most to understand and agree with this. People hurt people they love all of the time. The intentions aren't to hurt, the intentions are to fill a void. Yes a man CAN love his wife and cheat on her. I don't view the two as related. Now, it is very disrespectful but to say, "If you cheat you don't love." Nah that is such a black and white view on it.
laugh.gif
So my husband can love me but still cheat on me with 10 + women(Tiger style) and possibly bring diseases into our bed? That's a love that is acceptable? That's a love that should be tolerated? That doesn't sound like love to me. That sounds like a relationship based on convenience. Your big on the concept of not having to change your lifestyle or anything about yourself when you get into a relationship but personal change within a relationship isn't always a bad thing. Relationships are about compromise, sacrifice and sharing.

There are many variables to how and why people choose to live their lives the way they do but I believe this all goes back to a moral compass you either have or you don't and it has nothing to do with religion(so don't start Anton). Just like how I can have my opinion about LDJ and him having a possible love-child out there and not pushing to get a DNA test and ALLOWING his FRIEND to serve time for back child support and whatever else he said when it may not even be his kid. It's all connected to the type of person you are. What your made of. Your character. Why a person would see being with the person they love as taking away there freedom or possibly taking there paper in a divorce but not seeing the positives. It's all connected. At least that's what I believe.

Ok so since your all about showing and proving, then why dont you go back to africa etc leave america. You havent did anything proven validated that you love living in the usa. I served two terms and defended our country, so by your standards you arent a true citizen and are a fake a fraud. I should question your character. So since you havent did anything to validate to outside sources you love your rights and freedoms you dont appreciate them. Ok so how many civil right movements have you attended? How many equal women rights movements you have started and engaged in? So see we can use your logic on other aspects of life. Exactly what you said except i used it for equal rights and equality.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by scshift

No one is saying that marriage is detrimental or even remotely negative. 
I believe some people are.
Who do you believe is saying that?

I am personally not saying that and have literally said those words.

Who do you believe is saying that?

I am personally not saying that and have literally said those words.

I never said it should be practiced, accepted, nor tolerated. I simply said, that someone cheating doesn't mean they don't love you. 

I don't know about that. I do not know how you can love someone and betray them in the utmost regard. Lies? Deceit?#*%+$+* around with others behind their back? That's straight vile,disgusting,and vicious. That's not love. You disrespect me in the highest regard and destroy my trust like not....Damn right you do not love me.

I never said it should be practiced, accepted, nor tolerated. I simply said, that someone cheating doesn't mean they don't love you. 

I don't know about that. I do not know how you can love someone and betray them in the utmost regard. Lies? Deceit?#*%+$+* around with others behind their back? That's straight vile,disgusting,and vicious. That's not love. You disrespect me in the highest regard and destroy my trust like not....Damn right you do not love me.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by Al Audi

you might meet someone who will change your view on that opinion one day OP.
Women are depreciating asssets. Why buy when you can lease.

My exact reaction for reals
laugh.gif

I haven't read through this thread but low key I have always kind of thought this about marriage.

And I am not being a jerk either, but statistics just don't lie
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by Al Audi

you might meet someone who will change your view on that opinion one day OP.
Women are depreciating asssets. Why buy when you can lease.

My exact reaction for reals
laugh.gif

I haven't read through this thread but low key I have always kind of thought this about marriage.

And I am not being a jerk either, but statistics just don't lie
laugh.gif

I don't recall, but if there are, they were few and far between, as the main proponents of the marriage-isn't-required side LDJ, Anton, DC and I have not said that.

And to clear any confusion, I don't think that either.

I don't recall, but if there are, they were few and far between, as the main proponents of the marriage-isn't-required side LDJ, Anton, DC and I have not said that.

And to clear any confusion, I don't think that either.

I never said it should be practiced, accepted, nor tolerated. I simply said, that someone cheating doesn't mean they don't love you. Nothing further. So no matter how much Tiger cheated on his wife (we still don't know the whole story, for as far as I am concerned they could have had an "agreement that he is allowed to do as he pleases, considering she has access to all of the $ in 77 lifetimes), we can say that he doesn't love her. He obviously felt the need to get his rocks off, but that has no bearing on the emotion of LOVE he has for his wife. The dude was just uncontrollably horny.

And actually I am not big on not changing while in a relationship. If you read what I said earlier, when someone brought up the idea of compromise, I said there is no such thing as compromise. I hate the word compromise. Compromise simply means one person gets their way and the other person doesn't.

If I want Italian and my woman wants Mexican, and we end up getting Mexican, we didn't compromise. She got her way. Either she was stubborn enough to the point where I didn't want to hear her mouth anymore, or I just didn't feel like fighting for what I want. It isn't a compromise, it is just a nice way of saying, THAT person won. (That battle).

Really is a logical way to think. Obviously a lot of people don't want to hear this (especially emotional peeps) but at the end of the day this is the truth. 

Married people will obviously stick up for themselves when it comes to this topic and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But when it comes to marriage and the statistics/proof that we have seen,........the numbers just don't lie
laugh.gif
. And if people can't get that idea through their head, then that is their own personal problem.

I never said it should be practiced, accepted, nor tolerated. I simply said, that someone cheating doesn't mean they don't love you. Nothing further. So no matter how much Tiger cheated on his wife (we still don't know the whole story, for as far as I am concerned they could have had an "agreement that he is allowed to do as he pleases, considering she has access to all of the $ in 77 lifetimes), we can say that he doesn't love her. He obviously felt the need to get his rocks off, but that has no bearing on the emotion of LOVE he has for his wife. The dude was just uncontrollably horny.

And actually I am not big on not changing while in a relationship. If you read what I said earlier, when someone brought up the idea of compromise, I said there is no such thing as compromise. I hate the word compromise. Compromise simply means one person gets their way and the other person doesn't.

If I want Italian and my woman wants Mexican, and we end up getting Mexican, we didn't compromise. She got her way. Either she was stubborn enough to the point where I didn't want to hear her mouth anymore, or I just didn't feel like fighting for what I want. It isn't a compromise, it is just a nice way of saying, THAT person won. (That battle).

Really is a logical way to think. Obviously a lot of people don't want to hear this (especially emotional peeps) but at the end of the day this is the truth. 

Married people will obviously stick up for themselves when it comes to this topic and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But when it comes to marriage and the statistics/proof that we have seen,........the numbers just don't lie
laugh.gif
. And if people can't get that idea through their head, then that is their own personal problem.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

It's not right, but you're not thinking from another person's perspective. If I've known you for life and you're my life partner, and i have a moment of weakness and cheat I can still love you. This shouldn't be interpreted as i think it's ok to cheat, but love and sex are not as mutually inclusive as some people make it out to be. It's ok and natural to feel betrayed and feel as though they don't love you but that isn't always the case.

Don't get me wrong I get why you feel the way you do.
ohwell.gif

It's not right, but you're not thinking from another person's perspective. If I've known you for life and you're my life partner, and i have a moment of weakness and cheat I can still love you. This shouldn't be interpreted as i think it's ok to cheat, but love and sex are not as mutually inclusive as some people make it out to be. It's ok and natural to feel betrayed and feel as though they don't love you but that isn't always the case.

ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
That's sort of how I see it. The guy may still love the girl. And if he loves her he is fully aware that cheating on her is the worst thing he can do. But he still gave in. So it's not that he doesn't love her. It's just that he's an incredibly weak male and shouldn't be called a man.

The argument that I'm sure one of NT's "alpha" males will make is that a true man gets all the women he wants and won't deny that urge. But that's false. A weak man needs to get women to quench his insecurities. A better man doesn't need that.

Back
Top Bottom