There are NO benefits for men to get married.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

I really doubt that if somebody felt this way that they would have a chick that felt the same way.  I feel like some dudes are fighting their woman, society, family, etc.  just to not get a married.  And if you are doing that then maybe you aren't truly happy.  It's just reallllllly rare you have 2 people are cool with a life-long partnership.  And if you guys have settled down and agreed on a life-long partnership then why wouldn't you want to come together legally for finanicial, legal, medical reasons?  Why make life harder than it needs be?
See Truth, that is where you are being closed minded. All women don't feel the same way. All women aren't in agreeance with the idea of marriage. Women that have my mindset, and LDJ, and Anton's mindset exist. Of course you don't see commcercials promoting it, but they exist.

Yes it might be rare, but again, to question the love (emotion) that two people share for eachother on whether or not they have a legal contract validating it is just something I can't agree with at all.

And you ask why make life harder than it needs to be. Why is there an assumption that it would be hard for those two people to live life without that legal contract? Again, you are looking at it from your own ideas/thoughts/conceptions of marriage.

Everyone doesn't feel the same way Truth. I think you are having a hard time seeing that here.

There is no right/wrong way. Just because YOU might find difficulty in buying it doesn't mean that it would be "hard" for two others to do it. I just wish you would stop quesitoning the LOVE/Commitment on whether or not a ceremony was taken place.

DC there are alot of reasons people should get married.  Tax reasons, insurance reasons, bills, etc.  How many times are you going to wanna hear from a hospital/bank/insurance place "I'm sorry but you can't access that information".  God forbid something happens to her what will you do?  Say you want her to stay alive while shes in a coma but her father decides to pull the plug.  Who's gonna have more say so at the hospital?  Her father who is real family or that dude she lives with?  A lot of situations and problems can come up when you don't have a legal connection especially when kids are involved.  Wouldn't you want your kids and your "old lady" on the same insurance as you so either one of you can take them to the doctors whenever?  Ya feel me?

So yes it does make your life harder than it needs be.  I don't speak without thinking and I don't think on a small scale.  I'm talking about adult relationships not some young love stuff. 

I really doubt that if somebody felt this way that they would have a chick that felt the same way.  I feel like some dudes are fighting their woman, society, family, etc.  just to not get a married.  And if you are doing that then maybe you aren't truly happy.  It's just reallllllly rare you have 2 people are cool with a life-long partnership.  And if you guys have settled down and agreed on a life-long partnership then why wouldn't you want to come together legally for finanicial, legal, medical reasons?  Why make life harder than it needs be?
See Truth, that is where you are being closed minded. All women don't feel the same way. All women aren't in agreeance with the idea of marriage. Women that have my mindset, and LDJ, and Anton's mindset exist. Of course you don't see commcercials promoting it, but they exist.

Yes it might be rare, but again, to question the love (emotion) that two people share for eachother on whether or not they have a legal contract validating it is just something I can't agree with at all.

And you ask why make life harder than it needs to be. Why is there an assumption that it would be hard for those two people to live life without that legal contract? Again, you are looking at it from your own ideas/thoughts/conceptions of marriage.

Everyone doesn't feel the same way Truth. I think you are having a hard time seeing that here.

There is no right/wrong way. Just because YOU might find difficulty in buying it doesn't mean that it would be "hard" for two others to do it. I just wish you would stop quesitoning the LOVE/Commitment on whether or not a ceremony was taken place.

DC there are alot of reasons people should get married.  Tax reasons, insurance reasons, bills, etc.  How many times are you going to wanna hear from a hospital/bank/insurance place "I'm sorry but you can't access that information".  God forbid something happens to her what will you do?  Say you want her to stay alive while shes in a coma but her father decides to pull the plug.  Who's gonna have more say so at the hospital?  Her father who is real family or that dude she lives with?  A lot of situations and problems can come up when you don't have a legal connection especially when kids are involved.  Wouldn't you want your kids and your "old lady" on the same insurance as you so either one of you can take them to the doctors whenever?  Ya feel me?

So yes it does make your life harder than it needs be.  I don't speak without thinking and I don't think on a small scale.  I'm talking about adult relationships not some young love stuff. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

The argument is I believe 99.9% of the people that don't believe in marriage are full of crap and aren't getting married for the wrong reasons.  money paranoid, scared of commitment, cheap, unfaithful, immature, etc.  not because "I just don't need it".

hmm-people that don't believe in marriage are full of crap and aren't getting married for the wrong reasons. Listed what you consider wrong reasons (which I argued against). I addressed every point you made in this post. 1st that those aren't dumb reasons secondly that you're in no position to say what someone needs or doesn't when it comes to something like marriage.

If you are in love and have a healthy relationship then the following should not stop you from getting married.

- Money paranoid......you should know your woman doesn't want you for you money (not many men have this blessing/problem anyways.  most couples are close in income)
- Scared of commitment.....what you scared for if this is the woman of your dreams?
- Cheap....that's just sad. A wedding and ring shouldn't kill your pockets but damn you gotta spend some money.
- Unfaithful....why you would you cheat if you was happy?  Why would you worry about her cheating if its all good?

So yes those are immature, dumb reasons to not get married if you've found the woman of your dreams. 

100% Truth.  It appears as though some people don't want to get married because they have a sense of "fear" that is causing them not to take that next step.  Fear of committment, fear of cheating or being cheated on or fear of spending too much money on the wedding.  At the end of the day you can't let fear control any aspect of your life. 

The argument is I believe 99.9% of the people that don't believe in marriage are full of crap and aren't getting married for the wrong reasons.  money paranoid, scared of commitment, cheap, unfaithful, immature, etc.  not because "I just don't need it".

hmm-people that don't believe in marriage are full of crap and aren't getting married for the wrong reasons. Listed what you consider wrong reasons (which I argued against). I addressed every point you made in this post. 1st that those aren't dumb reasons secondly that you're in no position to say what someone needs or doesn't when it comes to something like marriage.

If you are in love and have a healthy relationship then the following should not stop you from getting married.

- Money paranoid......you should know your woman doesn't want you for you money (not many men have this blessing/problem anyways.  most couples are close in income)
- Scared of commitment.....what you scared for if this is the woman of your dreams?
- Cheap....that's just sad. A wedding and ring shouldn't kill your pockets but damn you gotta spend some money.
- Unfaithful....why you would you cheat if you was happy?  Why would you worry about her cheating if its all good?

So yes those are immature, dumb reasons to not get married if you've found the woman of your dreams. 

100% Truth.  It appears as though some people don't want to get married because they have a sense of "fear" that is causing them not to take that next step.  Fear of committment, fear of cheating or being cheated on or fear of spending too much money on the wedding.  At the end of the day you can't let fear control any aspect of your life. 

@Truth, I have already acknowledged the medical, tax benefits of marriage. I mentioned that earlier on in the thread.

When you say bills, what are you speaking of in general?

@Truth, I have already acknowledged the medical, tax benefits of marriage. I mentioned that earlier on in the thread.

Yes I would say he doesn't really love the game he might just really like it.  If he was good enough to do it for a living then why wouldn't he?  If you love the game why would you work a 9-5 then play with less talented players at the local spots? So I don't agree with that analogy.  I love basketball and I play it for free but if I had the chance I would make it my career because I love it that much.  Can't agree with that one.  We all know dudes that would kill for a chance to hoop overseas or wherever.  Those guys love the game more than the high major D-1 guy that goes and works on Wall St. 
See I can't buy that at all. What if he doesn't want to every be away from his family. What if he is a single dad? What if he is currently in school. There are so many other factors that you can consider besides making a blanket statement, "If he really loved it he would be playing pro." It isn't always that simple man. You are looking at it from a simplistic POV.

I won't go back and forth with you because I know where you stand and you know where I stand.

I don't think you can equate the amount of love that is present with whether or not someone choses to socially validate it or not.

So I tap out of this one.

My dude I don't think you know what love is.  And I also don't know why you tried to throw all those variables into Keiths situation.  When you love something truly you will do anything for it, you will take risk.  Love gives you tunnel vision.  So if you rather be a doctor than play overseas guess what.....you love medicine not basketball.  Can you love both? I guess but the point of this thread was your one true love.  Basketball can't be your one true love if you have the talent and ability but won't pursue it.  Kobe wouldn't be working at foot locker if he could get $ hooping. 

Yes I would say he doesn't really love the game he might just really like it.  If he was good enough to do it for a living then why wouldn't he?  If you love the game why would you work a 9-5 then play with less talented players at the local spots? So I don't agree with that analogy.  I love basketball and I play it for free but if I had the chance I would make it my career because I love it that much.  Can't agree with that one.  We all know dudes that would kill for a chance to hoop overseas or wherever.  Those guys love the game more than the high major D-1 guy that goes and works on Wall St. 
See I can't buy that at all. What if he doesn't want to every be away from his family. What if he is a single dad? What if he is currently in school. There are so many other factors that you can consider besides making a blanket statement, "If he really loved it he would be playing pro." It isn't always that simple man. You are looking at it from a simplistic POV.

I won't go back and forth with you because I know where you stand and you know where I stand.

I don't think you can equate the amount of love that is present with whether or not someone choses to socially validate it or not.

My dude I don't think you know what love is.  And I also don't know why you tried to throw all those variables into Keiths situation.  When you love something truly you will do anything for it, you will take risk.  Love gives you tunnel vision.  So if you rather be a doctor than play overseas guess what.....you love medicine not basketball.  Can you love both? I guess but the point of this thread was your one true love.  Basketball can't be your one true love if you have the talent and ability but won't pursue it.  Kobe wouldn't be working at foot locker if he could get $ hooping. 

Ok so you acknowledged the medical, tax benefits......why not take advantage of them? that what I meant by making things harder.  And bills was just thrown it there. Couples handle alot of stuff together.   Why the hell you be w/somebody 15-20 years have kids and not take advantage of the medical, tax, etc. benefits? 

Ok so you acknowledged the medical, tax benefits......why not take advantage of them? that what I meant by making things harder.  And bills was just thrown it there. Couples handle alot of stuff together.   Why the hell you be w/somebody 15-20 years have kids and not take advantage of the medical, tax, etc. benefits? 

They're immature to you, but these are reasons marriages don't last therefore it is a legitimate concern. Many couples are "happy" and still cheat, you're naive to think otherwise. You could literally love your wife and still fall prey to temptation. Look at all the men on NT who have mains and "jumpoffs". Do you think they're just going to switch that off when they get married. It isn't ALL good in a lot of marriages like you're implying. The temptation is always going to be there, whether they act on it or not. Cheap is sad, but if this is a concern for someone who the hell are you to questions it? They are dumb reasons to you, and genuine concerns for others.  Scared of commitment may not be a big deal to you, but the prospect of marriage may be terrifying for someone who has lived his entire life till that point with a sense of "Freedom". Everybody is different.

Like DC is saying stop looking at life from your very narrow-minded perspective. Not everyone feels the same way.

They're immature to you, but these are reasons marriages don't last therefore it is a legitimate concern. Many couples are "happy" and still cheat, you're naive to think otherwise. You could literally love your wife and still fall prey to temptation. Look at all the men on NT who have mains and "jumpoffs". Do you think they're just going to switch that off when they get married. It isn't ALL good in a lot of marriages like you're implying. The temptation is always going to be there, whether they act on it or not. Cheap is sad, but if this is a concern for someone who the hell are you to questions it? They are dumb reasons to you, and genuine concerns for others.  Scared of commitment may not be a big deal to you, but the prospect of marriage may be terrifying for someone who has lived his entire life till that point with a sense of "Freedom". Everybody is different.

Like DC is saying stop looking at life from your very narrow-minded perspective. Not everyone feels the same way.

Great job DC
smokin.gif
I think I'm going to tap out as well, for someone who hates arguing and reading Truth sure loves getting into it with people. I know a girl that decided to forgo med school to become a nurse....I am in no position to call whatever reasons she may have immature or dumb.

Great job DC
smokin.gif
I think I'm going to tap out as well, for someone who hates arguing and reading Truth sure loves getting into it with people. I know a girl that decided to forgo med school to become a nurse....I am in no position to call whatever reasons she may have immature or dumb.

1. I don't know what love is because I don't believe all people SHOW love the SAME ways as the next man? Ok.

2. Variable into Keith's situation, last time I checked life is FULL of variables. So how can you dismiss variables of a hypothetical situation? You lost me there.

3. When you love something you do ANYTHING for it? Says who? Again, who is writing these rules for this definition of love? I love my friends, but I wouldn't DIE for any of those dudes. Does that mean I don't truly love them? Not at all.

4. Love gives tunnel vision? Again, says who? So the only way to truly be in love means you aren't coherent of reality?

5. I would rather be a doctor than play ball means I don't love playing ball? Now we are only allowed to love one thing at once? Again, says who? Why does love have to be an either or thing? Why does it have to be an all for nothing thing?

I just think our definition of the word love is different. I explained that in this response.

1. I don't know what love is because I don't believe all people SHOW love the SAME ways as the next man? Ok.

2. Variable into Keith's situation, last time I checked life is FULL of variables. So how can you dismiss variables of a hypothetical situation? You lost me there.

3. When you love something you do ANYTHING for it? Says who? Again, who is writing these rules for this definition of love? I love my friends, but I wouldn't DIE for any of those dudes. Does that mean I don't truly love them? Not at all.

4. Love gives tunnel vision? Again, says who? So the only way to truly be in love means you aren't coherent of reality?

5. I would rather be a doctor than play ball means I don't love playing ball? Now we are only allowed to love one thing at once? Again, says who? Why does love have to be an either or thing? Why does it have to be an all for nothing thing?

I just think our definition of the word love is different. I explained that in this response.

You could literally love your wife and still fall prey to temptation.

I think it is difficult for most to understand and agree with this. People hurt people they love all of the time. The intentions aren't to hurt, the intentions are to fill a void. Yes a man CAN love his wife and cheat on her. I don't view the two as related. Now, it is very disrespectful but to say, "If you cheat you don't love." Nah that is such a black and white view on it.

You could literally love your wife and still fall prey to temptation.

I think it is difficult for most to understand and agree with this. People hurt people they love all of the time. The intentions aren't to hurt, the intentions are to fill a void. Yes a man CAN love his wife and cheat on her. I don't view the two as related. Now, it is very disrespectful but to say, "If you cheat you don't love." Nah that is such a black and white view on it.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

Originally Posted by ninjahood

yo da ninja.......dominicans arent black?

no wonder shorty got preggers w/ that other dude (his shoe closet prolly bigger than your room too-which, ironically, is also your shoe closet)

Still1rise, depreciating eh? what are you?....worth more after youve already left the lot? GTHOHWTWBS

so you wanna be 89 years old, alone, chasing 20 year old buns or 89 year old buns (who in your words are already depreciated)?

both scenarios are whack.

stability and close knit family FTW

that main by your side FTW

(oh wait nevermind you'll have your 'life partner' - about the same age as you - with you when you're 89.......but not married nevermind im wrong) 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

lol @ the ages getting father and farther aprt.

first, yall didnt wanna be a 65 year old chasing a 25..

now its 89 chasing 20...

YOU GTFOHWTBS fambs...

you act like by the time people get that age, that havent married AND divorced atleast twice.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and who's gonna have their sex drive pumpin at 89? who's gonna even give a damb about society at 89? you ever met an 89 year old, fambs??

20s - you dont have to be married cuz you're young.

30s - you dont have to be married cuz that's the prime of your life.

40s and 50s - you dont have to be married cuz your intelligence and paper is the longest in your life... also, many, MANY people get divorces at this age.

why? their kids have grown up.

60s + - you dont have to marry cuz you an old man, fambs. you can still catch from 40 years old and up, and by this time, you dont care what other think anyway.

what am i missing??

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

Originally Posted by ninjahood

yo da ninja.......dominicans arent black?

no wonder shorty got preggers w/ that other dude (his shoe closet prolly bigger than your room too-which, ironically, is also your shoe closet)

Still1rise, depreciating eh? what are you?....worth more after youve already left the lot? GTHOHWTWBS

so you wanna be 89 years old, alone, chasing 20 year old buns or 89 year old buns (who in your words are already depreciated)?

both scenarios are whack.

stability and close knit family FTW

that main by your side FTW

(oh wait nevermind you'll have your 'life partner' - about the same age as you - with you when you're 89.......but not married nevermind im wrong) 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

lol @ the ages getting father and farther aprt.

first, yall didnt wanna be a 65 year old chasing a 25..

now its 89 chasing 20...

YOU GTFOHWTBS fambs...

you act like by the time people get that age, that havent married AND divorced atleast twice.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and who's gonna have their sex drive pumpin at 89? who's gonna even give a damb about society at 89? you ever met an 89 year old, fambs??

20s - you dont have to be married cuz you're young.

30s - you dont have to be married cuz that's the prime of your life.

40s and 50s - you dont have to be married cuz your intelligence and paper is the longest in your life... also, many, MANY people get divorces at this age.

why? their kids have grown up.

60s + - you dont have to marry cuz you an old man, fambs. you can still catch from 40 years old and up, and by this time, you dont care what other think anyway.

what am i missing??

I'm convinced some of y'all just need a hug, man.  Some of you all's hate for women is so strong.  I didn't read the whole thread but dudes on here comparing the "benefits" of marriage to leasing versus purchasing a car?  Do you truly understand how +%#*#+@ ridiculous and useless that fake #!$ "analogy"is?  By no means am I saying that everyone should get married but to assert that no one should is even more asinine.

What's really funny is dudes believe that thinking like this makes them so "cool"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom