THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he becomes an issue in the locker room or something, I think they are just going to try to ride it out with him and win a title. Maybe they can orchestrate a sign and trade to wherever he wants to go next summer like KD and Kemba did.

Woj hinting that next season in all likelihood will go from dec to aug whether this season is cancelled or not

A game can go into 5 overtimes and players still foul out on their 6th foul. No one wants to see the best players fouling out in overtime.

If a game goes to double OT, players should get an extra foul. I'm okay with fouling out in one OT, though.

No huddles during reviews. Players ask for reviews under two minutes in order to get free timeouts. It's annoying. Also, reviews should be 30 seconds, max.
I always looked at that as a slick way for the NBA to give players in-game load management. Makes absolutely no sense for it to take that long to correct a call. And you never really see the players complain about how long it takes

Allow Hand-checking.

322BD852-D238-464B-8C9F-2202D1304663.gif

The NBA actually has rule related to this. The NBA requires five players to be on the court. If enough players foul out so that you don't have five, you must insert a DQ'd player. However, if that player commits a foul, it's a technical. Obviously, this never happens, but teams have come close before. I think there was a Clippers or Lakers game a number of years back where they finished the game with only five eligible players. I think they only had 7 or 8 guys available.

That being said, the NBA should adopt the rules of every other level of basketball, which allows a minimum of two players before forfeiting. BTW, I saw this happen when I did scorekeeping for rec league. I watched a team foul out down to two players....and that team still almost won! It was the most bizarre game I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom