THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2B789FBB-E9E2-4382-A75A-C05D014056B9.jpeg

"Michael Jordan didn't care about stats"

Also Michael Jordan:

MJ.png

Just another inconvenient MJ story to quietly get swept under the rug, along with his degenerate gambling-related ones.

I believe everyone is consciously aware of their stats.

But I am cynical as well.

I forgot so many things about that game. Steve Nash just showing up randomly on the bench in uniform, Anthony Bennett, Luol Deng on the Cavs (I barely remember that). This feels so long ago at this point.

That Lakers team didn't have any right to win as many games as they did (27 I think).

So, Simmons has been doing some re-watches of '90s Bulls games. I hope when they do a 1998 Finals game he focuses on Game 3 and not Game 6. Game 3 is the Bulls' magnum opus. Final score: 96-54. Tied for third-lowest points in an NBA game in the shot clock era (1954-now). Just utter destruction. The irony is that Bulls set the record the following lockout season by scoring 49 in a single game.

Always hated the back to back timeouts in late game situations

I agree. If you can't inbound the ball without a violation out of a timeout, you can't be bailed out. Even the NFL gets it right by not allowing back to back timeouts between plays. I mean, you can, but it's a 15-yard penalty.

He had such an amazing gift.

KD Warriors was basketball nirvana. Look at how many dribbles Kyrie & LeBron were taking to get into their stuff vs. how many dribbles the Warriors were taking. It was like a different sport.

I’ll forever be amazed that Durant actually decided to leave.
I’m not surprised Kd left because of how sensitive he is but I feel what you’re saying. Watching the 2017 replay right now, definitely miss watching that team. KD is the most unstoppable offensive weapon we’ve ever seen imo.
Im not a warriors fan but those teams were amazing to watch. Also the We Believe dubs were one of the most exciting teams. That year was my first year I moved from Seattle to Atlanta and experienced the f*ckery of nba playoff games ending at like 1am. At that time I’d get up for work at 6am. I used to take naps so I could stay up to watch their playoff games lol

He had such an amazing gift.

KD Warriors was basketball nirvana. Look at how many dribbles Kyrie & LeBron were taking to get into their stuff vs. how many dribbles the Warriors were taking. It was like a different sport.

I’ll forever be amazed that Durant actually decided to leave.

Still can't believe those Warriors gave up one game to Cleveland. They shoulda gone Fo-Fo-Fo-Fo. That team was just unfair. That's the best team in NBA history. 67-15, 16-1 in the playoffs, and it wasn't even close. Their margin of victory was insane.

Lakers having 4 all stars in 98 and getting swept by the Jazz seems inconceivable

Lost 4-1 the year prior, and got swept in '99 by the Spurs. Granted, that was the weird lockout season, but it was a strange run for the Lakers in the late '90s.

So, Simmons has been doing some re-watches of '90s Bulls games. I hope when they do a 1998 Finals game he focuses on Game 3 and not Game 6. Game 3 is the Bulls' magnum opus. Final score: 96-54. Tied for third-lowest points in an NBA game in the shot clock era (1954-now). Just utter destruction. The irony is that Bulls set the record the following lockout season by scoring 49 in a single game.

His latest hoop pods have been really good.

enjoyed the discussion on the greatest teams ever and how the 91’ bulls > 96 bulls and said the 17’ warriors were probably the greatest team of all time. The deep dive into expansion that came from this was fantastic

also enjoying the rewatcha’bulls’ stuff because some of the in game analysis of what actually happened is kind of contrary to how history tells it. Prime example is how great Jordan actually was in the 95 offs and that the bulls simply caught a bad matchup as a .500 ball club

One person who "wasn't scared" infected FORTY (40) people in one night.

Wild ****.
In soccer, the premier league back up for training and a couple teams already have multiple players testing positive for corona...And in Germany they supposed to start matches back up in a week or 2, one team can’t play their game cuz they got players with it as well...It’s gon be even harder to start back up here cuz nobody knows what they doing

Lost 4-1 the year prior, and got swept in '99 by the Spurs. Granted, that was the weird lockout season, but it was a strange run for the Lakers in the late '90s.

Was kind of befuddling how they flamed out. I know the narrative of them not being ready and blah blah blah but I kind of don’t buy it? Late 90’s Lakers are fascinating to me

His latest hoop pods have been really good.

enjoyed the discussion on the greatest teams ever and how the 91’ bulls > 96 bulls and said the 17’ warriors were probably the greatest team of all time. The deep dive into expansion that came from this was fantastic

also enjoying the rewatcha’bulls’ stuff because some of the in game analysis of what actually happened is kind of contrary to how history tells it. Prime example is how great Jordan actually was in the 95 offs and that the bulls simply caught a bad matchup as a .500 ball club

I've been talking forever about how watered down the NBA was after Toronto and Vancouver were added. There were more 60-win teams from '96-'98 than any three-year stretch ever, and it's not even close. In 1998, the Sonics and Lakers were both 61-21, and were still behind Utah. The Lakers destroyed the Sonics in the second round, then lost to the Jazz. Also, the Lakers had four All-Stars (as was mentioned). Don't tell me the '90s were better lol. Early '90s were fine. By 1996, the NBA was headed towards what we got in the early to mid 2000s. Things are a lot better now.

I've been talking forever about how watered down the NBA was after Toronto and Vancouver were added. There were more 60-win teams from '96-'98 than any three-year stretch ever, and it's not even close. In 1998, the Sonics and Lakers were both 61-21, and were still behind Utah. The Lakers destroyed the Sonics in the second round, then lost to the Jazz. Also, the Lakers had four All-Stars (as was mentioned). Don't tell me the '90s were better lol. Early '90s were fine. By 1996, the NBA was headed towards what we got in the early to mid 2000s. Things are a lot better now.

Some of the win totals in 96’ are insane. The Lakers won 53 games that year, The nets won 47, if you look at the jazz in the from 90 to 96 in comparison to 96 to 98 win total wise,

there were like 6 teams who won 26 games or less

Jordan came back and literally said “I think I can steal a championship” that’s how watered down the league was. Madness

Most of the ReWatch-A-Bulls are on Russillo's feed.

Go over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom