THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than 1000 new COVID cases confirmed in LA in the last 24 hours, as I’ve been noticing more people out-and-about without masks for the last couple weeks. Do with that information what you will.

Testing has been ramping up everywhere also, of course numbers gonna go up.

My bro works admissions in a hospital here in NYC, no new covid cases brought into the hospital yesterday. Small victories, long war still.

Testing has been ramping up everywhere also, of course numbers gonna go up.

My bro works admissions in a hospital here in NYC, no new covid cases brought into the hospital yesterday. Small victories, long war still.

NY definitely getting better. That’s true.

I didn’t read everything, but he got involved in the thread about a black jogger getting murdered by a white father and son in Georgia and **** apparently went wild sideways.
Not excusing him, but to be fair to Mike, it’s easier to look at his lack of activism harshly in 2020, but things have actually changed a lot over the last 30 years in terms of how much power and influence athletes and entertainers have. Athletes being very outspoken on political/social issues was still more the exception than the rule in the 90s. It’s different now.

Too nice and respectful in here right now...

DDCFC147-BD7C-4F0B-A806-435AA77C8AEE.gif
Post aged like milk

Crazy man. All it takes is one person.

True, but I’m sure if everyone involved with the NBA is just a non-***** who’s not scared to get sick, we can finish the 19-20 season. Right @beach em and @BIG LAMEMELONE

We don’t know. That’s why I believe you should scrap the season, let these players remain with their families etc, and just see if conditions improve by the Fall. A member of your fraternity (KAT) lost his Mother to this cruel pandemic. That alone should tell you that it’s a wash.

There will be no major developments by fall. Certainly none that will allow them to guarantee not being infected to an extent that they cannot already guarantee now with testing and proper procedures.

In fact, it would probably be easier for them to finish this season in a bubble (Disney World, etc.) than play the full 2020-21 season, which would consist of many more games. If you think that players will take it hard to play the rest of this season in a bubble, which would take a couple of months for half of the teams in the league, then how do you think that they would take playing in a bubble for 8 months for all of the teams in the league? Or do you expect it to be risk-free to fly all over US by fall so that teams can play on their home courts? Anyone who expects that is delusional.

The only major development that would be a game-changer is a vaccine. And a vaccine might be available a year from now. So any logic you use to scrap the remainder of this season, you can use to already scrap the entire 2020-21 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom