THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, another fun fact about Oregon: it's illegal to fill your own gas tank. They have attendants, and they expect tips. It's annoying lol. I'm, like, "bruh, gas is already expensive enough". New Jersey is the only other state that does it. I cross state lines before gassing up on the drive home.

I eliminated this nonsense by just taking the train to Portland. Three hours of getting hammered on Amtrak. It's so much fun. Drop our bags and head straight to the Bar Car lol. It's wild, man.

Oh, another fun fact about Oregon: it's illegal to fill your own gas tank. They have attendants, and they expect tips. It's annoying lol. I'm, like, "bruh, gas is already expensive enough". New Jersey is the only other state that does it. I cross state lines before gassing up on the drive home.

I eliminated this nonsense by just taking the train to Portland. Three hours of getting hammered on Amtrak. It's so much fun. Drop our bags and head straight to the Bar Car lol. It's wild, man.
I'm from Jersey and moved to GA for 8 years for school and work after and now that I'm back in Jersey this is so ridiculous to me. Its cool that it creates a job and all but some people treat pumping your own gas like you're diffusing a bomb its insane

First time I went to Jersey this caught me extremely off guard.

I'm from Jersey and moved to GA for 8 years for school and work after and now that I'm back in Jersey this is so ridiculous to me. Its cool that it creates a job and all but some people treat pumping your own gas like you're diffusing a bomb its insane

It's utterly insane. Even at reasonable departure hours, Amtrak between Seattle and Portland will only run you about $110 for round trip. It's not even worth it to drive, considering traffic and stress. We just hop on the train now.

In a similar vein, Oregon has no sales tax. I know that's not as impactful as state income tax, but that is appealing as well. It's the only state with an NBA team that is like that. That's why NBA players drop a lot of dough when they travel to Portland lol

Also, it's nice to have Portland close. I don't shop brick and mortar very often, but when I go to Blazers games, I load up on stuff. People who live in Vancouver (WA) have it good. Live in a no income tax state, drive across the bridge to shop. Although, they closed the loophole on buying cars in Oregon awhile ago. You have to pay taxes in your home state on any vehicle purchases lol.

Funny I’ve have PDX on my mind in regards to living/moving. And though I’m likely gonna be in a different mindset as I age in regards to spending money, this is good to know. Wow.

1589059011096.png

Can’t believe dude murdered his wife (Michael Jace). Wow

Funny I’ve have PDX on my mind in regards to living/moving. And though I’m likely gonna be in a different mindset as I age in regards to spending money, this is good to know. Wow.

Regarding cars, you have to pay taxes on it depending on the state where it's ultimtely registered. It used to be you could buy a car in Oregon and just roll it up to Washington with no tax.

After reading about Kevin Love’s first day back at the training facility, I really feel they should just scrap this season. We’re two months in lock down and you talkin about coaches wearing gloves while rebounding for x player etc. nah.

After reading about Kevin Love’s first day back at the training facility, I really feel they should just scrap this season. We’re two months in lock down and you talkin about coaches wearing gloves while rebounding for x player etc. nah.

I know Silver and (most of) the owners are smart people, but they really seem to be underestimating what an undertaking it is to get all 30 teams playing again under the current conditions, all get back in good shape, and the. play a full playoff schedule in the Summer. That’s incredibly difficult even if everything false into place as the envision, but odds are there will be complications.

Looking forward to seeing what happens though.

I mean..how else are they gonna do it? Would it be any different next season?

I took the term to mean, it’s easy to type soliloquies about what these multimillionaire athletes should do with their platform when in reality, given that same platform those typists wouldn’t do **** as they likely aren’t even doing anything right now. The fact that this is revisionist activism about an event/discussion from 30 years ago also makes that faux/“keyboard” activism even worse.

Not putting words in his mouth, just interpreting the meaning from my perspective.

This ain't revisionist though. Black folks been saying this **** about Mike since that Republicans comment.

And dudes don't know what the next _ is doing in his daily life. Like I said it's just a way for dudes who are uncomfortable and not knowledgeable about these conversations to try distract from having real talk. Them _'s bring nothing.

I hopped on Redfin on a whim today to look at houses... The North East is trash man SUPER TRASH. Need the housing market to take a 10% dip by the time 2021 rolls around.

This ain't revisionist though. Black folks been saying this **** about Mike since that Republicans comment.

And dudes don't know what the next _ is doing in his daily life. Like I said it's just a way for dudes who are uncomfortable and not knowledgeable about these conversations to try distract from having real talk. Them _'s bring nothing.
I spoke on the fact that IDK what the next person is doing so I'm not pointing fingers. To imply that I'm not knowledgeable about these conversations is doing that exact same thing you just accused me of doing previously though.

I spoke on the fact that IDK what the next person is doing so I'm not pointing fingers. To imply that I'm not knowledgeable about these conversations is doing that exact same thing you just accused me of doing previously though.

You do the same **** whenever this topic is brought up though. :lol:

And you did point fingers with that "keyboard activism". If you don't know what the next man doing then chill out with that.

I get all that and respect it. My whole issue is getting on MJ for his decision to not get involved at the time but I understand that’s an unpopular opinion.

You do the same **** whenever this topic is brought up though. :lol:

And you did point fingers with that "keyboard activism". If you don't know what the next man doing then chill out with that.
Fair, its a little too much for a thread about basketball for my tastes, but I'm not here to tell yall what to do.

I walked back the keyboard activism piece, it was too broad sweeping and pointing fingers like you said you're right.

I just dont knock MJ for it that much, its a very comprising spot to be put in.

I get all that and respect it. My whole issue is getting on MJ for his decision to not get involved at the time but I understand that’s an unpopular opinion.
You have an issue with people saying MJ was wrong for his actions/non actions at the time?

You have an issue with people saying MJ was wrong for his actions/non actions at the time?

Nah. I wasn’t clear and might have worded that too strongly. I’m just saying that personally, I understand where he was coming from and why he made the decision at the time. I respect the opposing opinion, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom