THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

#MySG

891A8F92-6ECC-4844-9B82-841B100971DD.gif

Sounding a lot more like a matter of 'when' they announce a return than 'if' after that conference call...

They're probably still working on the logistics and contingences but from the accounts from Woj and Shams,the owners seem pretty set on finishing the season whenever it becomes feasible

Could see them doing something like splitting the conferences by city for the rest of the season. Orlando for the East and Vegas for the West

Sounding a lot more like a matter of 'when' they announce a return than 'if' after that conference call...

From those accounts from Woj and Shams,the owners seem prettt set on finishing the season.

Could see them doing something like splitting the conferences by city for the rest of the season. Orlando for the East and Vegas for the West

If one person tests positive and isolating them and keeping okay going is literally the opposite of what Silver did in the beginning. Considering the intubation period is 2 weeks, there’s no telling how many others would be exposed and spreading. Greed is the worst

From those accounts from Woj and Shams,the owners seem prettt set on finishing the season.

Yup

For weeks, if you been reading the subtext, cancelling the season just isn't an option.

Idk anything and I could be wrong, but there's just too many 'powerful' people who want the season to return, along with most of the players. This is all about the NBA not wanting a PR nightmare for jumping back in.

They are even conditioning the rationale right in front of people, with "risk tolerance" and "we're going to have to learn how to live with Covid-19", etc.

Yea definitely feels like the $$ potentially left on the table is gonna be the main factor guiding their decision making ahead of any health concerns...

They are talking about training camp, it's coming back. The NBA is just trying to give some time for the amount of available testing to the public to increase to a point where they won't get killed when they jump back in

If one person tests positive and isolating them and keeping okay going is literally the opposite of what Silver did in the beginning. Considering the intubation period is 2 weeks, there’s no telling how many others would be exposed and spreading. Greed is the worst

Up to 2 weeks, 90% of symptoms happen within the first 7 days or something (correct me if im wrong).

But seriously, cancel the season the hell. :lol:

I forgot about this :lol: Whi won a chip and STILL left. He damn sure would of done the same w/Boston. Boston had Kyrie/Tatum/Brown for the foreseeable future and even w/o Kyrie, having that tandem as your foundation is insane.

Ainge did his ****
The situations Boston and Toronto had were completely different. Toronto didn’t have to give up any young, contract controlled talent. They had an all-star caliber player on a max, and they knew they couldn’t get any further with him. Boston would’ve had to have traded Jaylen, but also probably Smart and whatever else to match Kawhi’s salary. He was also coming off a weird injury and nobody really knew his health status.

Potentially winning a chip with Kawhi in Boston would’ve been awesome, but Toronto needed to get lucky with GSW injuries in order to win it all. One year with Kawhi and not winning a chip, only for him to bounce to LA, which he told everyone he was doing, would’ve sucked.

30 teams are each going to have a minimum of 3 week training camp in just a few cities, at most? Sounds plausible.

The thing that's throwing me off is that there's been next to no serious mention of a play in tourney, a shortened playoff, a cancelled regular season, or anything of the sort. Bringing all 30 teams back and having all playoff series be 7 gamers is still being considered. That's crazy lol

Last edited:
My sister, who’s a nurse, told me that there are many instances where tests would yield inconsistent results because the tests itself are unreliable.

She told me one time when they tested a patient daily who always came back negative and showed no signs of COVID, then suddenly one night came down with the flu and sadly passed that following day. It’s that’s the kind of STRESS these healthcare workers are dealing with that people need to understand |l

As much as I’d like for basketball to come back, I’d rather have them reconsider shutting the season down if Silver’s still uncertain about the protocols especially when a player tests positive. Revenues are already affected, yes, but I‘d rather have this setback than something big down the road.

I think it's funny how MJ went on the last dance and said that he asked Rod Thorne "Who's all playing" when he was talking about the dream team,

When there's recorded audio of him saying verbatim "I wasn't going to play if Isiah played" :lol:

For people who want to cancel the season, what do you expect to be different next season? Virus gonna be gone by October?

Right. Cancelling the season, and then what? Was just thinking about this.

It's not like the conditions are going to magically become good enough to play in October. Unless there's a vaccination, there will be risk whenever the NBA decides to return, and I think that's what's being sold right now as one of the driving forces behind why the league will return.

Cancelling this season does not guarantee anything for next season. The NBA has already said they're prepared to play the next YEAR without fans. If these conditions are the new norm for the time being, cancelling this season is pointless.

For people who want to cancel the season, what do you expect to be different next season? Virus gonna be gone by October?
Personally I already prepared for no bball for the rest of the year. Reason this season is a wash is because of the long *** delay. All of the meta that was built up is lost. It's basically two different seasons and two different training camps/off seasons. But for those fanbases of LAC and MIL, I get it

The NBA is the most thoughtful in terms of image, and their fan base is a lot different than
I don't think anyone wants to cancel the season.
I'm not sure where this narrative comes from that people who are concerned about the virus are somehow jerking off to fear.
Nobody ******* wants this - nobody wants to live in uncertainty. Jesus **** you don't have to be a doomsdayer armageddon wisher simply because you prefer a conservative approach to re-opening to an aggresive one.

Right. Cancelling the season, and then what? Was just thinking about this.

It's not like the conditions are going to magically become good enough to play in October. Unless there's a vaccination, there will be risk whenever the NBA decides to return, and I think that's what's being sold right now as one of the driving forces behind why the league will return.

Cancelling this season does not guarantee anything for next season. The NBA has already said they're prepared to play the next YEAR without fans. If these conditions are the new norm for the time being, cancelling this season is pointless.

Disagree. If you cancel this season, everything resets. So you get a normal ramp up time to the next season. Not an abbreviated training camp basically right into the playoffs. More time to work out the logistics, more time for more cities to open up. Etc. The fact things might not be that much better in a few months isn’t a good reason to rush into something now, IMO.

Disagree. If you cancel this season, everything resets. So you get a normal ramp up time to the next season. Not an abbreviated training camp basically right into the playoffs. More time to work out the logistics, more time for more cities to open up. Etc. The fact things might not be that much better in a few months isn’t a good reason to rush into something now, IMO.

That's fair, I feel you

It's not going to be gone in October, but the further down the road you are the more information and data points you have on exactly where it is from a virulent standpoint. We don't know if it'll have a mutation or if the country will get hit with a 2nd wave. It's still only been 2 months and we're behind the 8 ball in this country.

The bubble idea sounds decent in theory but the logistics of pulling it off will be something to see. I'm not holding my breath.

Money is the only driving force for getting things back up. Don't think that's worth the health risks.

And this is me just reading the tea leaves and looking at how things are going to try and open back up not as a Laker fan who knows this is probably our best and only chance to win a chip.

The NBA is the most thoughtful in terms of image, and their fan base is a lot different than

I don't think anyone wants to cancel the season.
I'm not sure where this narrative comes from that people who are concerned about the virus are somehow jerking off to fear.
Nobody ****ing wants this - nobody wants to live in uncertainty. Jesus **** you don't have to be a doomsdayer armageddon wisher simply because you prefer a conservative approach to re-opening to an aggresive one.

OK, so I see now how things break down in this thread in terms of opinions on COVID.

Normal people and people who need sports/team fandom going on to validate their existence in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom