THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite to the extent as COVID, as far as I understand, but I’m not a doctor. I based my statement in things I’ve read from medical professionals.

Thats because we dont know as much about it as other diseases so makes sense yeah. My friend was explaining it to me on the phone, shes a nurse and something about the blood going through your system and yadda yadda.

Frisco just posted this scenario in here on Wednesday. Crazy how all NBA enthusiasts are thinking alike in terms of how to bring the league play back this year :lol:

even if they do something similar to a AAU tournament bracket would be fire too imo - set up teams in a pool (randomly or use the teams division) and then top 1-2 teams advance to a single game elimination, maybe best of 3 series for the finals.

If they can safely pull something like this off, I’m not opposed. But I don’t think they should call the winner the “2019-2020 NBA Champions” - nobody gets that title.

Call it the “2020 NBA Reboot Tournament” or something.
At first I was like, "Naaaaah," but your addendum, now I like the tourney idea.

Now when you say 'No one gets that title,' if you were to look up the list of champions in 2025, do you want to see 'N/A' or something similar for 2020? You're saying you DON'T want to see the winner of this tournament on that list, on basketballreference or ESPN or anywhere, right?

I like that.

At first I was like, "Naaaaah," but your addendum, now I like the tourney idea.

Now when you say 'No one gets that title,' if you were to look up the list of champions in 2025, do you want to see 'N/A' or something similar for 2020? You're saying you DON'T want to see the winner of this tournament on that list, on basketballreference or ESPN or anywhere, right?

I like that.

It would be recorded somewhere, just not in the same list as other NBA champions.

MLB doesn’t have a World Series champion for 1994; the NBA can not have a Larry O’Brien trophy winner for 2019-2020.

I been catching up on these SB nation vids and man Stockton and Malone blew a lot of chances to win a ring. A lot of late game f'ups and just lack of focus.

Anyone else watching the SA/OKC 2012 WCF on NBAtv?

CotDAMN I miss basketball, brehs. I've said before and I'll repeat as often as necessary: I support us all taking pause right now, indefinitely. Like I get that and I support that and I'm not saying we can end all that now...

... BBBUUUTTTTTTT...

... I'm scratching my neck like Tyrone Biggums. This WCF got me feeling like I'm getting a temporary fix.

Got me excited about a damn NBA2K tourney and HORSE.

SNDHLP

What makes you say that
The Lakers were playing really well up until the Bynum injury and the Gasol trade still pretty much came outta nowhere. Obviously with Bynum out there was a huge void at the post position

To my knowledge there's no evidence that the Lakers were fishing for any trades pre-injury, particularly for another big man with a healthy Bynum playing well

The Lakers were playing really well up until the Bynum injury and the Gasol trade still pretty much came outta nowhere. Obviously with Bynum out there was a huge void at the post position

To my knowledge there's no evidence that the Lakers were fishing for any trades pre-injury, particularly for another big man with a healthy Bynum playing well

1. it's hard for me to think that an NBA GM wouldn't know that Pau Gasol wasn't on the trade block & wouldn't call to see what it would take to make the trade happen
2. you started you post saying the Gasol trade came out of nowhere and later said there's no evidence that the Lakers were fishing for any trades pre-injury lol
3. just because they were playing well with Bynum doesn't mean they wouldn't want to risk adding Gasol (doesn't have a selfish or bad locker room rep, all-star, etc)

def no solid evidence but i would still say probability would be the trade still goes down.

1. it's hard for me to think that an NBA GM wouldn't know that Pau Gasol wasn't on the trade block & wouldn't call to see what it would take to make the trade happen
2. you started you post saying the Gasol trade came out of nowhere and later said there's no evidence that the Lakers were fishing for any trades pre-injury lol
3. just because they were playing well with Bynum doesn't mean they wouldn't want to risk adding Gasol (doesn't have a selfish or bad locker room rep, all-star, etc)

def no solid evidence but i would still say probability would be the trade still goes down.
Yes, the trade came out of nowhere despite the Lakers having a big void to fill. When the news came the world was set on fire

Yes, there was no evidence that the Lakers were seeking any trades before the injury

Not sure how that's funny

Of course they'd have taken Gasol even with a healthy Bynum, my point is we don't know if the Lakers were looking to do that before the injury

Celtics win in 2010, if Perk chatty patty, bish *** was healthy. And I hate to say it...but it’s tru.
Bynum also tore his meniscus in round 1 (after previously injuring his achilles). He was having the best season of his career up to that point... if he was healthy and Perk was healthy it would still be a toss up imo

4fd16c7fecad043b4d000001

On now
wow.png

Yes, the trade came out of nowhere despite the Lakers having a big void to fill. When the news came the world was set on fire

Yes, there was no evidence that the Lakers were seeking any trades before the injury

Not sure how that's funny

Of course they'd have taken Gasol even with a healthy Bynum, my point is we don't know if the Lakers were looking to do that before the injury

i think its funny how your argument revolves on how the trade possibly wouldn't have happened because there was no news stating that the Lakers was looking for a trade pre-injury...but when the trade happened, there was no evidence that they were looking a trade. makes sense?

once again, sure we don't have solid evidence that the trade would have happened but based on my stated points, i think it would be a safe bet that it still does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom