THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can safely pull something like this off, I’m not opposed. But I don’t think they should call the winner the “2019-2020 NBA Champions” - nobody gets that title.

Call it the “2020 NBA Reboot Tournament” or something.

Nah **** that. I’m tryna see some random team like the Kings be this year’s NBA champs :lol:

What really helped the Lakers was the Bulls disappointing in 2008. They were rumored for Pau for the prior 18 months.

FlawlessElasticGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif

In 2010, Bynum got hurt in Memphis too.

I'll never forget Kobe's face. He looked like he knew his title chances fell through. :lol:
Yup that moment burned into my memory as well, Kobe rammed right into that knee. Infamous. Pau standing over him too

Him screaming on the ground was definitely sad as hell

i think its funny how your argument revolves on how the trade possibly wouldn't have happened because there was no news stating that the Lakers was looking for a trade pre-injury...but when the trade happened, there was no evidence that they were looking a trade. makes sense?

once again, sure we don't have solid evidence that the trade would have happened but based on my stated points, i think it would be a safe bet that it still does.

The Lakers were trying to acquire another big piece all summer 2007 and even into the season to placate Bean. They were playing well but that wasn't stopping them from trying to improve the team.

Last edited:
^^^ The varying reactions to serious injuries is interesting to me, probably because I’ve torn an ACL and blown an Achilles. How some guys writhe around on the ground in pain and some just grimace and walk away. I guess it speaks to pain tolerance being widely variant, even for top level athletes.

Scottie Pippen said recently that he's "no longer employed by the Bulls," who had hired him as a team ambassador.

Chicago just hired Arturas Karnisovas as Executive VP of Operations, and they fired long-time GM Gar Forman, but Pippen was reportedly ousted in mid-March after a contract dispute. Pippen took a shot at the Bulls' poor play in recent years, saying, "[The firing] is probably a good thing, right? I like to associate myself with winning." The Bulls' structural shake-up seems extensive, so it will be interesting to see what the roster looks like whenever play resumes.

Source: NBC Sports Chicago

^^^ Damn, Arturas Karnisovas is name I haven’t heard in a while. Seton Hall sniper and Lithuanian hoops legend.

The Lakers were getting to acquire another big piece all summer 2007 and even into the season to placate Bean. They were playing well but that wasn't stopping them from trying to improve the team.
Actually, reading more into it that was the summer that Kobe demanded to be traded. The same summer where he wanted to ship Bynum's *** out for Kidd

Kinda remembering it even more reading about the Ariza trade too. They (org and Kob) seemed to finally be at peace up until the injury. The Pau trade worked out for Memphis in the end but at the time it was definitely viewed as a David Stern screw job and how could this possibly happen type scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom