THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what city are you in? would like to track the infection rate and death toll over time to see if there's any rise in cases pre and post the opening of the beaches.

surely you don't think COVID-19 is only transmitted by people sneezing and coughing on each other.

How else would you get it on the actual beach?

I dont agree with beaches open now, the actual time on a beach might be ok if you distanced enough, I think its the shared boardwalk and the points of entry that may be the problem. Youre bound to cross paths with a lot of people.

I truly felt like I was watching masters at their craft play damn near perfectly. I just don't think Steph shoulders the credit; not even close, actually.
I never liked them even before KD but this is true right here. The beautiful thing about the warriors is even if Steph goes 5 for 20, Klay can still go off on you, Draymond can hit damn near triple double numbers, and all their role players know their roles so its like a well oiled machine. Even if steph has a bad game, the warriors could still win by 20.

Add KD to that and the season is pretty much a wash for every other. team. Thus the immense hate.

Kevin Durant really thought he could surpass Stephen Curry in the Bay Area....

Nike thought they could dim UA’s shine in The Bay, yet they didn’t release any true GSW colorways. If you sell it, they would’ve bought it.

No player wins titles alone, the NBA was built on dynasties and teams that were stacked with talent, so I don’t knock him for joining the Warriors......But at the same time, damn bro you were 1 game away from an NBA Finals appearance! Cavs/Thunder would’ve been a damn good Finals.

I never liked them even before KD but this is true right here. The beautiful thing about the warriors is even if Steph goes 5 for 20, Klay can still go off on you, Draymond can hit damn near triple double numbers, and all their role players know their roles so its like a well oiled machine. Even if steph has a bad game, the warriors could still win by 20.

Add KD to that and the season is pretty much a wash for every other. team. Thus the immense hate.
Agreed.

Careful agreeing w/ me, though. I'm illiterate. Well, according to a few who can't just disagree and need a reply deeper than that.

I dont agree with beaches open now, the actual time on a beach might be ok if you distanced enough, I think its the shared boardwalk and the points of entry that may be the problem. Youre bound to cross paths with a lot of people.

can you go to the beach without contracting or spreading COVID? probably. being outside is safe in open air is "relatively safe".

does it make sense to open public beaches for thousands of people to go, and risk spreading it further? absolutely not.

1587225927497.png

1587225937474.png

whatever gain these folks are getting from going to the beach, isn't worth the theoretical risk of a second outbreak and further spread.

I legit don’t know what it’s gonna take for some people to realize this virus **** is not a game. And these personal luxuries in the grand scheme of things is really not that important at all. People don’t know how to sacrifice for the greater good. Is going to the got **** beach really that important when there’s a whole *** pandemic going on?

Jesus people are acting selfish

Last edited:
King....
Pimp....
Legend....

Dude drank and gambled into the wee hours of the morning and then destroyed Barkley, Malone, Payton, and Drexler in the finals, the next day. I have a few beers and I can barely teach a few kids econ the next day.
AI, Mike Irvin, LT, MJ all legends at partying right before a game and still ballin...inspirational :pimp:

You're not illiterate, you're just ignorant on how a conversation/debate works.
False, but I'm ok w/ you believing so.

THAT... is the major obstacle. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, not so long as the internet is rampant in both stubbornness, ignorance, and a blend of both false machismo and puberty, and the argument is trivial at best.

False, but I'm ok w/ you believing so.

THAT... is the major obstacle. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, not so long as the internet is rampant in both stubbornness, ignorance, and a blend of both false machismo and puberty, and the argument is trivial at best.

Then what's the point of sharing your opinion lol

can you go to the beach without contracting or spreading COVID? probably. being outside is safe in open air is "relatively safe".

does it make sense to open public beaches for thousands of people to go, and risk spreading it further? absolutely not.

1587225927497.png

1587225937474.png

whatever gain these folks are getting from going to the beach, isn't worth the theoretical risk of a second outbreak and further spread.

Agreed, but I suspect these folks are all convinced they won’t get sick so don’t recognize that risk. And if they don’t get it by now, they won’t unless they actually do get COVID.

The Coronavirus minimizers just keep moving goal posts to support their narratives. Went from, “it’s no big deal, we don’t have to do anything special, just use common sense and it will go away” to “700,000 cases and 30,000 deaths isn’t actually that bad when compared to, like, all deaths from all other causes.” So I can’t even waste my time with them anymore.

You’re bound to cross paths with a lot of people at the grocery store/Walmart/Target/CVS/Walgreens inside of closed buildings all bottling up germs throughout the day. You’re bound to cross paths with people walking your dog down the street. You’re crossing paths with people when these restaurants are doing pickups for food at the front door.

I’ll repeat this again...laying on a towel in sand is not getting anyone sick. A bunch of frat dudes wrestling in the sand and sharing bottles and ****...sure. But if you’re not an idiot and you’re just going out on the beach to lay in the sand and get some sun then that is truly harmless.

He is obviously their best player (without KD being there), and the most influential on how the offense goes, but saying he shoulders the load just seems a bit much. Klay also provides elite inertia, and Draymond acts as the hub of the offense most times, even though the Bistephsuals don't think he's a playmaker. It is a true TEAM effort.
TEAM effort
Golden State is plus-14.8 in 672 minutes with Curry, Thompson and Green playing without Durant.

What happens when you also remove Thompson and sit him on the bench next to Durant?

Same result: The Warriors are still juggernauts, registering a plus-13.9 in 526 minutes with Curry and Green on the floor without the help of Durant or Thompson.

Now comes the mind-blowing part -- let's take Draymond out of the equation and leave Curry by himself a cast of role players. No Durant. No Thompson. No Green.

With Curry rolling solo, the Warriors are still plus-14.3 in 216 minutes of action. That’s without the help of an MVP, a former Defensive Player of the Year and perhaps the second-greatest shooter ever not named Stephen Wardell Curry. The offense scores 116.6 points per 100 possessions in these lineups, which would be the league-leading offensive rating this season.

To recap, the Warriors go from plus-16.9 to plus-14.8 to plus-13.9 to plus-14.3 as you keep removing an All-Star from Curry. But as these numbers show, Curry is impervious. He's teammate-agnostic. For those that think Curry would struggle in another organization or in another system, it’s clear: He is the system.

Now, let's take Steph off the floor. What happens when Durant, Thompson and Green go without him? Uh, oh ... plus-4.9 in 591 minutes without Steph. So, you take Durant off the floor and the Warriors are still juggernauts (plus-14.8). But you take Curry away from the equation? They go from dominant to merely solid.

The scoreboard with solo Durant: Minus-0.5 in 417 minutes. Yes, a negative point differential. And that makes sense given the loss of starpower, but Curry has shown he doesn’t need others to win.

It gets even more stark when we isolate the Warriors’ four superstars. To fully capture the power of Curry, here’s the scoreboard with each Warriors solo act:

Lineup Net Rating
Solo Steph Plus-14.3

Solo Klay Plus-4.3

Solo KD Minus-0.5

Solo Draymond Minus-2.0

Each one is playing around .500 ball in their minutes -- except Curry. For those that believe Curry wouldn’t be Curry if it weren’t for the stars and system built around him, it’s hard to make a case considering opponents can’t stop him no matter who is flanking him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...aberstroh/steph-curry-warriors-breaking-point

In their past 29 games in which Curry plays and Durant doesn’t, the Warriors are 28-1. Golden State has outscored opponents by 29 in the 137 minutes this postseason Curry has been without Durant.

With Durant averaging 34.2 points — on pace for the second-highest postseason clip in 25 years (LeBron James averaged 35.3 in 2009) — on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range) over their first 11 playoff games, the Warriors posted a net rating of 5.6. That number is 13.2 over their past two outings without Durant.

Asked how Golden State could excel at such a level without Durant, Thompson struggled to answer, pausing before he said, “Honestly, I don’t know. A little luck? A little familiarity with us playing together so long?”

Durant’s recent absence has underscored a curious truth about the Warriors: Although Durant might be the best player in the world, he isn’t their most important.

As Draymond Green put it in November, Curry “isn’t just a big part of the system. He is the system.” His revolutionary range was at the front of Kerr’s mind as he designed Golden State’s offense.

Curry’s presence improves his teammates’ shooting percentages more than anyone else in the NBA. By demanding opponents to defend him 30-plus feet from the rim, Curry creates tons of room for Thompson, Green and others to operate.

Since Durant signed with Golden State in July 2016, it is plus-1.3 per 48 minutes with Durant on the floor and Curry off, a far cry from its plus-12.1 with Curry on the floor and Durant off.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warrior...iors-better-without-Kevin-Durant-13849230.php

AI, Mike Irvin, LT, MJ all legends at partying right before a game and still ballin...inspirational :pimp:

Y’all ever had a “Flu Game” performance at work after a night of partying/drinking/smashing? I know the NYers, and probably LA guys, in here must have some MJ-esque stories :nerd:

You’re bound to cross paths with a lot of people at the grocery store/Walmart/Target/CVS/Walgreens inside of closed buildings all bottling up germs throughout the day. You’re bound to cross paths with people walking your dog down the street. You’re crossing paths with people when these restaurants are doing pickups for food at the front door.

I’ll repeat this again...laying on a towel in sand is not getting anyone sick. A bunch of frat dudes wrestling in the sand and sharing bottles and ****...sure. But if you’re not an idiot and you’re just going out on the beach to lay in the sand and get some sun then that is truly harmless.

Listen, im all for enjoying the outdoors, I try and step out a few times a week. I agree with grocery stores and all that being risks too, but those are risks that you kinda have to take (an essential risk).Having a ton of people at the beach? Idk. Doesnt seem like good idea cause you know people arent gonna respect 6 ft. Good in theory, people just want adhere to the stipulations.

Bet you its gonna close again due to public/national pressure in a couple days.

you do understand that going to the grocery store is critical for basic human survival and going to lay on the beach isn't, right?

I think at this point you just don't understand the concept of risk/reward. going to the beach, where thousands of people are congregating, unnecessarily increases your risk of contracting and spreading a virus. just because you can go to the beach without getting sick, doesn't mean you should go to the beach. that's very different from, "i can go to the grocery store, and i absolutely need to because i need food to survive".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom