THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not paying attention is a common obstacle in the flow of conversations.

You gave a description sufficient enough for me to agree with by saying 'That.'
But you said that setting up the offense isn’t a “load he shoulders” when Golden State’s offense is typically based on one of these actions from Steph. It seems like you don’t even believe your own assertion if you agree with that definition.

They’re probably only scared from a marketing standpoint
to those that dont know (younger kids) recent consumers
Everyone else knows
He gave Kerr a two piece
He invited the guy who took his position on the high school team to his Hall of Fame induction
:nthat:

The responsibility of setting up the offense? :lol: he IS the offense.

But you said that setting up the offense isn’t a “load he shoulders” when Golden State’s offense is typically based on one of these actions from Steph. It seems like you don’t even believe your own assertion if you agree with that definition.

yeah i'm not sure how someone can argue that Steph doesn't shoulder the offensive load for Golden State. The entire offense is heavily influenced by his movement off ball, his positioning, timing of cuts.

F5279DC5-09A8-4859-81E8-DD13118A6D6F.gif

yeah i'm not sure how someone can argue that Steph doesn't shoulder the offensive load for Golden State. The entire offense is heavily influenced by his movement off ball, his positioning, timing of cuts.
He is obviously their best player (without KD being there), and the most influential on how the offense goes, but saying he shoulders the load just seems a bit much. Klay also provides elite inertia, and Draymond acts as the hub of the offense most times, even though the Bistephsuals don't think he's a playmaker. It is a true TEAM effort.

^^^ Part of the reason why the Warriors leveled up after Kerr got there is because he got everyone passing and moving on offense. That said, as great as a team concept as it is, it does not work to maximum effect without Steph and what he does. So, whether that means he “shoulders the offensive load” or not to me is more a matter of semantics than anything.

They held a protest/rally where I live yesterday and the beaches are opening back up now :lol:

Exactly what I said was going to happen

:lol: Who doesn't know MJ is a douche by now? Bout to be in for a surprise then.
I feel like I'm being trolled by all these tweets and the like. Like where have yall people been?
A lot of these teammates that he went off on still (and willingly) attend his parties with a big smile on their face and Air Jordan merchandise in the mail.....

The Last Dance is a great illustration of the increased velocity of information in this day and age. It took over two decades for the end of the Bulls dynasty to be formally documented (or some might say “exposed”) for the world to see.

It like 9 months from KD leaving for the release of tell-all book with the receipts from the GSW Dynasty demise :lol:

Part of the reason why the Warriors leveled up after Kerr got there is because he got everyone passing and moving on offense. That said, as great as a team concept as it is, it does not work to maximum effect without Steph and what he does. So, whether that means he “shoulders the offensive load” or not to me is more a matter of semantics than anything.
See, I definitely don't feel like it's a matter of semantics, because I think we're talking about 2 dynamics that cannot exist together. 'He shoulders the offense' and 'He doesn't shoulder the offense' are 2 statements that cannot coexist.

And I don't think he shoulders the offense. I agree with what you just said, that it really is an amazing team concept Just as you alluded to. And just like what happens to the 90s Bulls conversations, I think the coach gets lost in the credit.

I loved watching the Bulls, as a basketball fan. I did. It was effing poetic.

Aaaaand I had the same appreciation for the Warriors before KD. I did. I truly felt like I was watching masters at their craft play damn near perfectly. I just don't think Steph shoulders the credit; not even close, actually.

I said it exactly two weeks ago and I'll say it again...

Have fun I guess. Good luck, man
source.gif

When you go to the beach when do you ever NOT try to be at least 6 feet away from any other group unless it’s so packed you absolutely can’t help it?

How many times in your entire life have you been sneezed or coughed on at the beach?

This beach thing is just stupidity. People aren’t going out there ******* each other in the sand in broad daylight. I think it’s gonna be okay if people lay down on a towel to get some sun.

They held a protest/rally where I live yesterday and the beaches are opening back up now :lol:

Exactly what I said was going to happen

what city are you in? would like to track the infection rate and death toll over time to see if there's any rise in cases pre and post the opening of the beaches.

How many times in your entire life have you been sneezed or coughed on at the beach?

surely you don't think COVID-19 is only transmitted by people sneezing and coughing on each other.

The man said that beaches were safe because people won’t be having sexual intercourse in the sand in the broad daylight.....

And he might even be wrong about that, especially in Florida... How can you expect Jim Bob and Jolene not to **** on the beach after being cooped up in the house for a month?

See, I definitely don't feel like it's a matter of semantics, because I think we're talking about 2 dynamics that cannot exist together. 'He shoulders the offense' and 'He doesn't shoulder the offense' are 2 statements that cannot coexist.

And I don't think he shoulders the offense. I agree with what you just said, that it really is an amazing team concept Just as you alluded to. And just like what happens to the 90s Bulls conversations, I think the coach gets lost in the credit.

I loved watching the Bulls, as a basketball fan. I did. It was effing poetic.

Aaaaand I had the same appreciation for the Warriors before KD. I did. I truly felt like I was watching masters at their craft play damn near perfectly. I just don't think Steph shoulders the credit; not even close, actually.

Lol I just saw someone call you out for being terrible at putting together an argument. Do you actually know how to do that? Because this long post still ain't it.

^^^ Part of the reason why the Warriors leveled up after Kerr got there is because he got everyone passing and moving on offense. That said, as great as a team concept as it is, it does not work to maximum effect without Steph and what he does. So, whether that means he “shoulders the offensive load” or not to me is more a matter of semantics than anything.
Steph ranked 15 in the league in usage last year even with KD on the team. Y’all are about to turn me into wavycrocket wavycrocket in here :lol:.

When you go to the beach when do you ever NOT try to be at least 6 feet away from any other group unless it’s so packed you absolutely can’t help it?

This beach thing is just stupidity. People aren’t going out there ****ing each other in the sand in broad daylight. I think it’s gonna be okay if people lay down on a towel to get some sun.
C'mon, bruh...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom