THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Florida is so Dysfunctional.

I went to college at the University of Miami, and living in Florida for four years was one of the wildest experiences.

Phil > bulls

Collins took them to the Eastern Conference finals the year before Phil got the job. Phil didn't play a part in the Lakers and Celtics getting old. Zeke was starting to be injury prone the year Chicago beat Detroit

I guess folks forgot jordan destroyer an 18 year old Kwame brown because he could

I guess folks forgot jordan destroyer an 18 year old Kwame brown because he could

9EADFD65-09C0-4D94-B76A-BDDBF233C4DB.gif

I mean, I am not in any way surprised that there are people out there that didn’t know jordan was an over competitive douche

But all the evidence was there

but people still voted for and still believe in trump and all the evidence been there on dude

bruh. These stories :rofl: :rofl:
Jordan's infatuation with his protégé waned. He thought Brown was cocky and disrespectful sometimes, particularly when the teenager nagged him about playing a one-on-one game, hinting that doom awaited him. Finally, Jordan agreed to the game, Brown grinning on the court, convinced his youth and height would be indefensible weapons against this shorter man twice his age. Early in the game, believing he had a lunging, jabbing Jordan off balance, the kid dared to say, "You reach, I'll teach."

Jordan snapped, "You teach, and I'll knock you on your damn ***."

He proceeded to humiliate Brown, mocking him while scoring at will, declining to help him up when the teenager fell hard to the floor, winning lopsidedly and, at the end, yelling at Brown to acknowledge his superiority in front of the team: "You better call me 'Daddy,' (expletive)."

"Michael was breaking him down," one observer recounted, "probably to build him up. But there was a lot of breaking down."

Things deteriorated quickly thereafter. Brown didn't work hard enough for Jordan's taste, and it did not help that many in the Wizards organization, from officials to teammates, thought the kid showed no capacity for either accepting criticism or honoring an old basketball tenet that said rookies should play hard, accept bruises and complain about nothing.

With the criticism mounting and his play getting worse, Brown became maddeningly frustrated, a kid convinced he was being repeatedly fouled in intrasquad scrimmages by two veterans, Christian Laettner and Jahidi White, who weren't quick enough, Brown believed, to stay with him. He would drive toward the basket and feel himself being bumped by a hard hip, sometimes losing the ball, infuriated the referees wouldn't blow a whistle. "That was a foul," he finally groaned.

Play stopped. There was an electric silence. A wide-eyed Jordan was walking toward him. "You (expletive) flaming (expletive)," Jordan exploded. "You don't get a foul call on a (expletive) little touch foul, you (expletive). You don't bring that (expletive) here. Get your (expletive) *** back on the floor and play. I don't want to hear that (expletive) out of you again. Get your *** back and play, you (expletive)."

A stupefied Brown could say nothing. He looked close to tears, thought a witness.

"It was not a mortal wound," the same Wizards official said. But the man believed that Jordan's words left Brown numb for several days thereafter, observing that Brown appeared to be increasingly tentative on the court.

For as long as Jordan would remain in his life, Brown would be diplomatic. Even so, some memories he had difficulty holding back.

"It was pretty rough," Brown recalled later of the scrimmage. "But that's Michael Jordan. You deal with it. You learn you're a rookie and you're not going to get calls. ... But sometimes I felt all alone out there, like I was surrounded by sharks."

Famously hard in the past on many of his Bulls teammates, Jordan saw his approach in the Wizards camp as part of the toughening process for rookies and others who had not yet learned how to win in the NBA. He liked testing people, even when it ran the risk of temporarily breaking their spirit, certain that the strong would become better for it, and that the intimidated were unworthy anyway. He rode Tyronn Lue hard for not passing him the ball in his favorite place down low near the basket and for not being positioned at the right spots to take Jordan's passes and shoot long jumpers: "What are you doin' runnin' around? Get me the ball, get set, catch my pass and shoot. I don't give a (expletive) how far out you are. Shoot out there. If you're open, don't be drivin' down in the lane and gettin' that (expletive) swatted away. Shoot."

He would be flabbergasted watching Brendan Haywood drop balls, and scornful when Courtney Alexander and Richard Hamilton got burned on defense or didn't fill the proper lane on a fast break. But he saved his most withering looks and words for Brown, with whom he didn't seem to know what he wanted to do, lavishing attention on the kid in one moment, skewering him the next. Freely admitting to having had his *** kicked on many days, Brown had taken refuge in his video games. He loved these solitary contests, his head bent with a concentration so complete that teammates calling to him sometimes couldn't get his attention.

Jordan sporadically continued trying to play the role of mentor. It was not something that came to him naturally. He regularly approached Brown in locker rooms, whispering to him, earnestly patting his back for a couple of seconds. But they were separated by a full generation, and nothing linked them other than basketball and their passion for games. One afternoon after a practice, Brown rushed up to him, having heard that Jordan played poker and tonk with other players.

"Can I play with you guys?" Brown asked.

"You want to play cards?" Jordan sounded at once dubious and intrigued.

"Yeah."

Jordan chuckled. "You'll bring your money?" he asked, making clear the rules: "People have to bring their money. No owing. Gotta bring your money."

"OK."

"We can do that, rook. Just make sure to bring your money."

Assistant coach John Bach interrupted, warning Brown: "Kwame, there're some things you don't do in life. You don't eat at a place called 'Mom's,' you don't play poker with a guy named 'Doc,' and you don't play cards with Michael Jordan."

Jordan groaned at Bach. "Why did you have to say that?"

Others observed Brown happily playing with Jordan a couple of times, but no card game could be a substitute for a real relationship. Theirs was suffering new strains all the time. As Brown's on-court performance and practice habits continued to lag behind other players', Jordan and Collins began losing what was left of their patience. There would be no good cop-bad cop arrangement between them, no one from whom Brown could count on receiving a little sympathy after the other had eviscerated him.

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=books/excerpt/nothingelse3

Y’all pray for me. Idk if I can take anymore of DeSantis and this state

Bruh, I saw this the other day

And then I read this part

The mayor said restrictions would allow "essential activities" only, as defined in an executive order signed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Those "essential activities" include walking, biking, hiking, fishing, running, swimming, taking care of pets and surfing, as long as they're done within social distancing guidelines. Sunbathing is still prohibited.

Son, that's just called going outside :smh: . Like I jokingly **** on Duval every chance I get now that I've lived throughout the country but I can't even add a semi-serious to those jokes anymore. They gotta be full on, that place is the ******* worst.

Finally got around to watching the Kobe memorial, what a touching event. The strength that Vanessa showed that day and continues to do so...bless that woman. MJ, Diana, Sabrina and Shaq all gave great tributes.

The way he punched his teammates, the way he yelled at refs, the way his compulsive gambling got his father killed, I wouldn't say everything he did was dope.

Meant in the course of bball.

I don't mind him punching teammates or yelling at refs.

Getting his dad killed was messed up. And he still didn't stop gambling lol. He got over it quick lol.

im pretty sure people thought MJ was a douche even before this documentary... a lot of people said hes cheap and is a poor tipper... plus hes not friendly enough to take a picture if you ask him werd to chamillionaire

I lost it the first time I heard that story. :lol: :lol:

Cham was TIGHT. Still makes me chuckle to this day.

]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom