THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1587132571545.png

had to look up the peter king/clay travis thing. clay is a moron. king was pretty spot on. certain people dismiss the virus and its potential while everyone else takes it seriously. the efforts of people taking it seriously severely cut down the number of infected people and deaths. the dismissive folks then cite the lower infection/death toll as proof that "it wasn't a big deal".

I agree with all those except the presser after losing the 2011 Finals.
Dudes are butthurt over that because he gave facts lol and it applies to a lot of people in here.
That and when he walked out the presser with the suit shorts and man purse were pure comedy. Still crack me up.

Dudes are butthurt over that because he gave facts lol and it applies to a lot of people in here.

“All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

not a single lie told.

RE: Jalen Green. Jalen Rose broke it down pretty nicely just now on Get Up. From that $500K, 40% goes to Uncle Sa

Not defending Skip but I think the basis of his argument or belief that his case is valid is because MJ and Kobe did it. However, this might be his most compelling piece of evidence

Bron has not been seen at all star Saturday night since this happened.

Seeing a lot of the build up to the Bulls doc shining a spotlight on how shady Jerry Krause was, just made me think Bron would've definitely had his *** shipped out after that first chip :lol:

• “I’ve never been apart of a super team” presser

Spoke on this one last week I think. That is just absolutely ridiculous for him to form those words and breathe them out of his mouth. 😂🤦‍♂️ Like, I'm not with people who say he started super teams. There's literally a laundry list of super teams all throughout history. He didn't even propel current super teams. It could be said that he revolutionized player control in the formation of super teams, but I'm pretty sure KG/Pierce/Jesus were pretty well in control of that formation.

But yeah, the Heatles were definitely a player-controlled superteam.

I legit never knew there was a quintuple double.

Man, you take away the points, and he still got a quadruple double. 😂😳😬

I guarantee 10 of those 32 rebounds were defensive boards. If he would have just stayed on the defensive end all night, he would have got a triple double, just on defense. If he didn't even cross half court for points & assists, he would have still got a triple double, just off steals, blocks, and 10 defensive rebounds. 😂😂😂😬😬😬

“All the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

not a single lie told.

I understand the quote and I'm not questioning its veracity but it's just not one of those things you say out loud. As we are seeing now and Lebby even said himself, the fans are a significant part of the game. Outside from contributing to the atmosphere in the arena, they contribute to the Basketball Related Income. He essentially **** all over his base. It would be no different than the POTUS catching COVID-19, recovering and saying something of the same effect to Americans.

Whether they know the individual or not and whether it's good or bad, people are always going to remember how the words and actions of others made them feel. He made a lot of folks feel like **** in that moment and they hold it against him. I knew what it was, so I didn't care but obviously not everyone shares that sentiment.

Damn you guys are anti- outdoor hooping? What type of elitist crew do we have in here

Nah, that was just me and I knew I'd catch some heat for that comment :lol: . It's just a different game to me from the asphalt, winds, effects on the ball.

I loved the "Regular Lives" speech. A lot of people needed to hear it.
Yes, but in any context where we're talking about the priviledged and unprivileged, the unprivileged don't need to hear from the priviledged how awesome their life is with the privileges they experience.

And still do. Todd Gurley the other day @d the Rams and said “give me my money.” And people were mad. I get what he was saying but people killed him because of everything going around
As he well should. That's owed, contractually.

That's not a conversation of privilege, but contractual obligation.

I guess, but I don’t think it really changed many people’s attitude about how they view sports or LeBron in particular. In fact, since then I’d say there is a greater number of sports fans who are super invested in rooting for players/teams to fail ... or they’re just louder about because of social media.

It would be no different than the POTUS catching COVID-19, recovering and saying something of the same effect to Americans.

and even then, it would still be 100% true imo. major point being, you can carry all that negative energy towards someone, resent them, wish them the worst, even rejoice in their failures, but your mortgage is still due tomorrow. lebron not winning the finals or the president catching COVID isn't changing that. I get that it rubbed people the wrong way, but I'm glad he said it.

Yep. Basically LeBron telling a bunch of people who already hate him: "I don't even know who you are."

It didn't change anything because people are always going to hate, but I'm all for players standing up for themselves and checking people. People get wild comfortable to say anything now over social media because it gives them a larger platform to broadcast their voice, but don't often get checked enough on some of the silliness.

and even then, it would still be 100% true imo. major point being, you can carry all that negative energy towards someone, resent them, wish them the worst, even rejoice in their failures, but your mortgage is still due tomorrow. lebron not winning the finals or the president catching COVID isn't changing that. I get that it rubbed people the wrong way, but I'm glad he said it.

I agree with what you, antidope antidope and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican are saying but I also acknowledge that while the average American sports fan might have rent/mortgage or job problems that doesn't make athletes/celebrites/the wealthy immune from problems of their own. KD is an example of someone who doesn't have monetary problems but, to an outsider, it appears he has other things he's dealing with. It appears Lebby has insecurities regarding his hairline. The list could go on. That's the only point I would add but I'm not sure if that is outside of the scope of this conversation.

Last edited:
I agree with what you, antidope antidope and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican are saying but I also acknowledge that while the average American sports fan might have rent/mortgage or job problems that doesn't make athletes/celebrites/the wealthy immune from problems of their own. KD is an example of someone who doesn't have monetary problems but, to an outsider, it appears has other things he dealing with. It appears Lebby has insecurities regarding his hairline. The list could go on. That's the only point I would add but I'm not sure if that is outside of the scope of this conversation.

Yeah, part of my personal issue with the “regular lives” speech is that it felt somewhat dishonest coming from LeBron. Basically saying “I don’t care what fans think because I’m going be me regardless.” But it’s clear he cares a lot what the public thinks about him, good and bad. He’s actively looking for validation as much as any athlete I can think of. So, to me, if you seek out and try to soak up praise from us regular Joes, gotta live with the criticism too.

If this was current day, I wonder how these debate shows would put a negative spin on these numbers. Probably would be something like, if he wasn’t so busy trying to put up numbers off the floor his numbers in game would be a lot better.

Best speech he ever gave, I hate his camp had him come back and apologize for it.

I really hate how loyalty bias is how people apply their sliding scales.

Something that is factually true but definitely crass or rude said by a prominent figure that someones likes or approves of:
"Facts. People don't like it, but it's just cold, hard truth."

That same person hearing/reading something that is factually true but definitely crass or rude said by a prominent figure that they don't like:
"See? This is exactly why I can't stand him/her. Someone disable their Twitter."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom