THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
9FB7721E-B576-45A4-82E8-0C04EC37E1EF.jpeg

EF7FC3F3-5E53-40EE-9D1F-A3CCD31D9D6F.jpeg

A93B4491-8025-4306-9277-8177838267E4.jpeg

E61EFFBE-77C9-4493-BB47-948D5047FA77.jpeg

So Mike Conley, the only guy playing in an indoor gym, won HORSE......

lol

I completely forgot that was on last night but that makes a lot of sense. I was all about the indoor gyms for hoopers until frshstunna frshstunna brought up the point about separating work from home life which might have something to do about. I might be alone on this but I strongly dislike playing outdoors because the elements can have too much of an effect on the game.

IMO all those dudes with the outdoor hoops (aka all of them except Conley) mostly had those courts for show and not legitimate training/hooping.

I completely forgot that was on last night but that makes a lot of sense. I was all about the indoor gyms for hoopers until frshstunna frshstunna brought up the point about separating work from home life which might have something to do about. I might be alone on this but I strongly dislike playing outdoors because the elements can have too much of an effect on the game.

IMO all those dudes with the outdoor hoops (aka all of them except Conley) mostly had those courts for show and not legitimate training/hooping.

It was stupidity. How could they not set up a few millionaire athletes with access to indoor gyms for a couple hours and had at least one decent camera on them instead of filming with their iPhones. Had Paul Pierce out there in four layers in 35 degree weather. The WNBA chick was shooting in her little *** cobblestone driveway. Trae Young shooting in his little *** driveway with a bent down rim.

It was stupidity. How could they not set up a few millionaire athletes with access to indoor gyms for a couple hours and had at least one decent camera on them instead of filming with their iPhones. Had Paul Pierce out there in four layers in 35 degree weather. The WNBA chick was shooting in her little *** cobblestone driveway. Trae Young shooting in his little *** driveway with a bent down rim.

The WNBA and Trae Young setups were struggle AF. Im not an ESPN executive so I’m not trying to speak on their behalf but I think their reasoning was two-fold. One, they wanted to promote the idea of staying home during quarantine and two, they wanted to illustrate how difficult the current conditions make it to get HD content while socially distancing.

However, to your point, it appears that ESPN hooked up a lot of their analysts with official cameras in their home offices but I imagine that’s different because those are stationary and were set up weeks ago. All-in-all, they could have had a much more official production but it would have undermined their COVID-19 campaign.

RE: Jalen Green. Jalen Rose broke it down pretty nicely just now on Get Up. From that $500K, 40% goes to Uncle Sa
I wish I could ask Skip what he thinks about other stars who have also never competed in anything extracurricular aside from the ASGs, which they are voted in.

Not defending Skip but I think the basis of his argument or belief that his case is valid is because MJ and Kobe did it. However, this might be his most compelling piece of evidence

The WNBA and Trae Young setups were struggle AF. Im not an ESPN executive so I’m not trying to speak on their behalf but I think their reasoning was two-fold. One, they wanted to promote the idea of staying home during quarantine and two, they wanted to illustrate how difficult the current conditions make it to get HD content while socially distancing.

However, to your point, it appears that ESPN hooked up a lot of their analysts with official cameras in their home offices but I imagine that’s different because those are stationary and were set up weeks ago. All-in-all, they could have had a much more official production but it would have undermined their COVID-19 campaign.

Yeah, probably so. But nobody was trying to see that **** and at the very least even if they wanted to promote their lil “stay at home quarantine basketball” then they could have set them up with some decent cameras.

Not defending Skip but I think the basis of his argument or belief that his case is valid is because MJ and Kobe did it. However, this might be his most compelling piece of evidence

Yyyoooo!!!!! I totally remember that!

And totally forgot it! 😂😳🤦‍♂️

A little context: I lived in Ohio when he said that. Being surrounded by Lebby minions definitely made me… I wouldn't say a Lebby hater, but definitely 'strong critic'. 😂 So I was definitely one of the people that was saying every year they he should be in it and was ducking it. So when THAT clip happened, you better believe I definitely had tons of people in my ear.

Then when he DIDN'T do it the next year, I had moved and had nobody to clap back to. I was legit heated that I never got to return how loud they were. "See? He IS going to do it. And he's going to dominate. Watch. He's going to do ish no one's ever seen."

And then it didn't happen. 😂

Yyyoooo!!!!! I totally remember that!

And totally forgot it! 😂😳🤦‍♂️

A little context: I lived in Ohio when he said that. Being surrounded by Lebby minions definitely made me… I wouldn't say a Lebby hater, but definitely 'strong critic'. 😂 So I was definitely one of the people that was saying every year they he should be in it and was ducking it. So when THAT clip happened, you better believe I definitely had tons of people in my ear.

Then when he DIDN'T do it the next year, I had moved and had nobody to clap back to. I was legit heated that I never got to return how loud they were. "See? He IS going to do it. And he's going to dominate. Watch. He's going to do ish no one's ever seen."

Spot on. And that’s the thing about LeBron criticism - for as much as I praised him the other day for his mental acuity when it comes to handling the media, it’s like he has these gaffes where he says/does some out of character stuff that because of who he is, it fuels his haters.
  • Preliminarily announcing for the 2010 Dunk Contest then acting like it didn’t happen
  • The theatrics and execution of the decision
  • “Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...”
  • Mocking Dirk’s illness
  • The “You all have to go back to your lives...” Presser
  • The wrist/hand brace and “I’ve never been apart of a super team” presser
Again, they are all minor but due his level of superstardom, they are magnified. If he just showed some restraint in a few select moments, I don’t think he would be criticized nearly as much.

Just realized this is actually something I say in person all the time in place of 'I call BS' and I just said it here. 😂 Someone could be like 'Yeah, dude, I totally met Lebron James. I was just getting pizza last night and it sounded like his voice, so I turned around and there he was, in our little small 2-stoplight town in Illinois.'

Me: 'Right, right, and then it didn't happen. He played the Nets last night.' 😂🤷‍♂️

• The “You all have to go back to your lives...” Presser
Again, they are all minor...
This one wasn't minor to me. At all. That was a direct shot to you and me.

The closest I ever felt to an athlete not getting it and letting that be known through what they said was Charles Barkley saying 'I'm not a role model.' But taking a step back from what Chuck said and you realize, that's true. He was one of the best basketball players in the world and he was being paid handsomely for that. He wasn't being paid to be a role model. If someone like David Robinson or even Lebby takes it upon themselves to try and maintain a good image and be a good role model for kids, that's awesome... but that's not the requirement. The requirement for Barkley was that he gets paid very well to bang under the rim and go coast to coast a few times every game. So even though I felt like he didn't get the luxurious life he was living, I had to take a step back and realize that ultimately he's right.

But with what Lebby said, there is no 'take a step back and realize.' That was a direct shot at you and me. I felt like 'Yeah, you're a freak athlete and you get paid very well for that, but rubbing it in my face that I'm not a freak athlete, just a short Italian dude who can splash down from time to time, eff you.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom