THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, I don't even wanna count Wilt's 100 point game. The game was so different back then, he was taller, bigger, better than 99.9% of the league and he could do whatever he wanted. Its not even close to what the game is now.

Yeah, part of my personal issue with the “regular lives” speech is that it felt somewhat dishonest coming from LeBron. Basically saying “I don’t care what fans think because I’m going be me regardless.” But it’s clear he cares a lot what the public thinks about him, good and bad. He’s actively looking for validation as much as any athlete I can think of. So, to me, if you seek out and try to soak up praise from us regular Joes, gotta live with the criticism too.
Criticism and hate aren’t the same thing lol.

I really hate how loyalty bias is how people apply their sliding scales.

Something that is factually true but definitely crass or rude said by a prominent figure that someones likes or approves of:
"Facts. People don't like it, but it's just cold, hard truth."

That same person hearing/reading something that is factually true but definitely crass or rude said by a prominent figure that they don't like:
"See? This is exactly why I can't stand him/her. Someone disable their Twitter."
The thing about it is, does it really sound like something Lebron REALLY meant? Like I really doubt going "Hurr durr poor people" made Bron feel better. With his background there's no way he looks back at that moment fondly. He was mad and lashed out. There's no way that's how he really feels.

I don’t like how some of us “less privileged” folks feel like they can say whatever they want about the “more privileged”, but feel like that can’t/shouldn’t be reciprocated lol

honestly, I don't even wanna count Wilt's 100 point game. The game was so different back then, he was taller, bigger, better than 99.9% of the league and he could do whatever he wanted. Its not even close to what the game is now.

what are thoughts when people try to discredit Lebron's getting to the finals 8 years in a row because he plays in the Leastern Conference but his stans response is that you can't choose your opposition

The thing about it is, does it really sound like something Lebron REALLY meant? Like I really doubt going "Hurr durr poor people" made Bron feel better. With his background there's no way he looks back at that moment fondly. He was mad and lashed out. There's no way that's how he really feels.
It's a slippery slope trying to gauge how someone feels. It's possible, but it's a slippery slope. I'm not going by how Lebron feels about poor people, or how he feels at all.

Like I said earlier, in any context about someone experiencing a certain privilege and those not experiencing that privilege, it's not the place of those who experience whatever privilege we're talking about to remind those who don't experience that privilege how mundane their life is.

I don’t think that applied to just poor people lol...
I literally took it as him saying that him failing does not change the lives of anyone that was rooting for him to fail.

that could literally apply to someone like Skip Bayless or other NBA players.

Wilt chamberlain had trash *** competition. He was playing against furniture salesmen. Also he was a liar with a ridiculous ego. Fam tried to say he was benching 600 lbs. when I heard that I immediately knew he didn’t smash 10k broads. A lot of that folk tale Mumbo jumbo is out the window.

A34368EE-6267-4B6C-A33E-A5623B71B245.png

9C524817-6FE5-4A7A-9B82-AF4013AB0BB6.gif

I really hate how loyalty bias is how people apply their sliding scales.

Something that is factually true but definitely crass or rude said by a prominent figure that someones likes or approves of:
"Facts. People don't like it, but it's just cold, hard truth."

That same person hearing/reading something that is factually true but definitely crass or rude said by a prominent figure that they don't like:
"See? This is exactly why I can't stand him/her. Someone disable their Twitter."

Human nature. The one I really hate is when I criticize someone and someone responds with, “what if your mom did it. Would you say the same thing?”
No, because she’s my mom and I’m extremely biased towards her. She could kill the pope and rob an orphanage and I’d find a way to defend her.

What era?
Curry ain’t doing **** in the 90’s Except laying on his ***.
imagine the glove on that light skinned brotha

“what if your mom did it. Would you say the same thing?”
No, because she’s my mom and I’m extremely biased towards her. She could kill the pope and rob an orphanage and I’d find a way to defend her.

Really?

that's the logic behind Zeke over Curry?

A Finals MVP (not defending the decision, just stating what I believe the logic to be)

1. Magic
2. Lebron
3. Oscar
4. Zeke
LeBron-James-Puppet-Facepalm-Reaction-Gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom