THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good bulk of the league hasn’t been paid most of their salary this year. They’re not leaving that on the table if they have a choice.

Unfortunately for them, I don’t think they’ll ever get the choice. There’s no scenario that makes sense while we don’t have an actual cure for this thing.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with it but I think a lot of companies will be opening up and implementing the same procedures by june/july. I dont think sports leagues will be seen as an outlier by then.

It's summer 2021. We are well past this.

#1. 'Ever since we all returned from the 2020 pandemic, _____________ has been on an absolute TEAR, like he had been WAITING to break out and now they definitely have.'

#2. 'Ever since we all returned from the 2020 pandemic, _____________ has been very pedestrian compared to how he was before, just not as dynamic.'

Who ya got? Which NBAers filled in the blanks for you? Who came to mind?

storm2006 storm2006 , lawdog1 lawdog1 , P C H P C H , MajinZuub MajinZuub , MVP MVP , buc em buc em , DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , B Sox B Sox , ill steelo ill steelo , JD617 JD617

On top of having a legendary coach.

Perhaps things would've been better if he went to Dematha or McNamara? Still seems like dude would've been salty.

Nope, according to dude it doesn't count even tho both of those schools are in the county... It makes zero sense

So what would it take for people to be comfortable with bringing sports back again ?

Widely available testing and more proven treatment options just for starters.

Was listening to the radio and they're talking about players being sequestered at hotels AND under surveillance AND tested before any type of gathering (game, practice) AND empty arenas. That just sounds sad to me. :lol:

I don't know what it is but people always seem to take shots at Quinn Cook. Maybe because he isn't a super athlete? But people are always discrediting him as if ANYONE can play at Oak Hill, get a free ride to Duke, and make the League. It is disrespectful as hell.

But he seems like this generation's Jarrett Jack in terms of a NON-STAR being super popular / cool with EVERYBODY.

And please tag me in these convos man. :lol:
Cuz on the surface level yo don’t seem/supposed to be that nice...But he out chea making moves since high school, dudes don’t like that since they think they better

1st time I heard of him was when I was at my homeboys ppls crib out Bowie and he was telling me some kid in the neighborhood going to Duke...Ain’t even know it was Cook at the time

I know nothing about DMV geography but it seems dumb to me too. It’s also interesting to me though because people tend to be overinclusive when claiming athletes from their area. This dude is going the opposite route.
The dude seems to be applying the street/regular daily life **** to the argument...In that case there is no DMV, that’s for the entertainers and out of towners, everybody claims exactly where they from...But basketball wise the “dc area” grouping been a thing for hoopers decades now

It's summer 2021. We are well past this.

#1. 'Ever since we all returned from the 2020 pandemic, _____________ has been on an absolute TEAR, like he had been WAITING to break out and now they definitely have.'

#2. 'Ever since we all returned from the 2020 pandemic, _____________ has been very pedestrian compared to how he was before, just not as dynamic.'

Who ya got? Which NBAers filled in the blanks for you? Who came to mind?

storm2006 storm2006 , lawdog1 lawdog1 , P C H P C H , MajinZuub MajinZuub , MVP MVP , buc em buc em , DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , B Sox B Sox , ill steelo ill steelo , JD617 JD617

I was thinking about #1 earlier. I would Say LeBron would go on a tear and it will be good to see Nurkic back and see the Blazers go on a run.
I think Kawhi will still load manage lol
I think Embiid will be out of shape. He knows this year ain't it.

I was thinking about #1 earlier. I would Say LeBron would go on a tear and it will be good to see Nurkic back and see the Blazers go on a run.
I think Kawhi will still load manage lol
I think Embiid will be out of shape. He knows this year ain't it.

That was some real **** that Embiid’s last game was the most in shape he’s ever looked in his career :lol:

The was Miami HGH Embiid

He's been pushing that stuff every day for months now.

1354BC30-7326-42EE-9095-EB81F276BC75.jpeg
C69B5804-C6B3-4BE3-A32B-C4E65E368BE3.jpeg

That's just a small sample, I'm not even gonna post all his BS, but he was wildly wrong at the very beginning of the outbreak, and instead of just admitting he was wrong, he's spent every day since then downplaying it. And when people correctly point out that he's spreading dangerous misinformation and jeopardizing their safety, he accuses them of being "coronavirus bros" who are rooting for the virus. He's a willfully ignorant moron, and his terrible sports takes are one thing, but for months now he's been actively trying to get people killed. And no, I don't follow him and never have; the only time I see his tweets is when he's getting dunked on in my timeline. Which has been very frequently these last 2 months.

you know how bad you gotta be for peter king of all people to come for you

peter f’n king.. this guy was roasting trump AND that fool

1587084799569.jpeg

Last edited:
^ Reording it to watch it with my son on Sunday. Kind of think Lavine going to win it all.

Stephen Curry says he was the first NBA player tested for COVID-19
Liz Roscher
Yahoo SportsApr 16, 2020, 9:36 AM

of the Golden State Warriors revealed on Thursday that he was the very first NBA player tested for COVID-19.

In an essay he wrote for Time, Curry described his feelings about being tested. He had just returned from a broken hand and was looking forward to playing more, but suddenly was facing the possibility of an illness that could kill him — and his family, too.
March 6. That’s when it all became very real. I had just played my first basketball game in months the night before, and conversations were swirling about what this virus might mean for the league. That night, I started to feel sick. The fever set in. First at 100. Then 101. My first thought was, “What are the chances? Could this really happen?” After months of waiting to get back on the court following a broken hand and two surgeries, I just wanted to play. But the threat of this mystery virus locked me in my bedroom to protect everyone I cared about: wife, kids, teammates, fans.
I was the first NBA player tested for COVID-19. Thankfully, my test came back negative. But that experience hit me, and it hit me hard.
Curry was tested around March 6, five days before Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz fell ill before a game. Gobert’s illness and (subsequent positive test) led to the suspension of the NBA, and the other sports leagues soon followed suit. After his test, Curry sequestered himself in his bedroom to reduce the likelihood that his kids or wife would contract the coronavirus if he tested positive. Thankfully, he tested negative.

The day he was tested is the day “it all became very real” for Curry. Since the NBA suspended the season, Curry and his wife, Ayesha, have been focusing on helping to feed kids and families in Oakland, their home for the last 10 years, while safely quarantining themselves at home with their kids. Their Eat. Play. Learn. foundation has helped provide 1 million meals already, and they plan to provide 300,000 meals a week to Oakland residents with the help of Oakland Unified School District, Alameda County Community Food, and World Central Kitchen.

Curry ended his essay by urging everyone to focus on the little things we can all do to help each other during such a difficult and challenging time.
We have a unique opportunity to come together, to bridge humanity; and the future of our world depends on what you do next. Whether it’s giving blood, donating to your local food bank, checking in on your elderly neighbors or just staying home, our small gestures in times of crisis can end up being the big gestures that made the difference.
Anyone still giving Steph that Bad Energy.....

Everyone of those Anyone’s should be forced to give a written and publicly spoken apology to the God....
This ***** saved countless lives. He might have saved America. Somebody that YOU KNOW, that I KNOW, had their life spared by Steph.
The way we/he got there matters none, this man deserves a Noble Peace prize, he deserves his own Day/Holiday on the American Calendar.
That man deserves the World.
What’s that award that like a Military award for Civilians, that ***** needs one of those.
Yea the GEROGE CROSS.

If it werent for Steph stepping up to be the first tested, who knows how much longer a Trumped America would have carried on.
This man is a Knight, somebody Knight his ***.
Give this ***** Saint Hood while you’re at it.
They say you need 3 miracles to become a Saint? Well then, Saint this *****.
Yea, that family man underdog *** ***** is a Hero.
Recognize the GOD.

^
this
the city and warriors were definitely ahead of the curve
was ready to play games without fans even before silver acted
if rudy doesnt test positive, who knows what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom