THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The basketball training game is sick right now. If you land like two or three NBA guys, and get them to vouch for you...smh.

Forget the NBA and D1 guys, you can finesse camps all basketball season where you charge like 700, 800 a kid and people will pay...then you combine that with players and agencies paying you racks during the summer, and boom you're brickley or Hanlen. Wild times.

A dude here was finessing off of being in a defensive drill with amare. He’s one of the most visible trainers. I’m not mad at him.

I’m never taking a picture with someone after I work them out. I just can’t do it

Nope. He went all in on Lethal Shooter. We was talking about it yesterday (Right when I heard some scuttle about DMC's knee)

Kuz shot terribly last year but I would never recommend raising your release point as a solution to a shooting issue. Hardly any really good shooter has a high release point. His release to me looked fine for the most part. I'm not a shot doctor though lol
I agree. Release point should be the last mechanic to improve especially when you're 6'8

Has Lethal Shooter actually improved anyone’s percentages?

I know KCP worked with him a TON and the results... :rofl:

Also- I know Rico Hines’ runs at UCLA are highly regarded as some of the best summer runs but I’ve watched a lot of clips of them and can’t really tell exactly what he’s doing other than giving some vague directions and encouragement.

Like Bobby Brown and Jordan Crawford will be in those runs looking like Gods and comparatively speaking... those guys couldn’t stick on a roster in the league for too long at all.

The best defense Simmons plays is on himself
we-re-increasingly-seeing-teams-defend-ben-simmons-by-giving-him-20-ft-of-open-space-and-having-his-defender-go-extremely-under-screens-768x428.jpg

A dude here was finessing off of being in a defensive drill with amare. He’s one of the most visible trainers. I’m not mad at him.

I’m never taking a picture with someone after I work them out. I just can’t do it

Haha the instagramification of hoop trainers has changed everything. I'm not saying people like Brickley or Hanlen especially don't know their ****, (Especially Hanlen. I've personally never seen a trainer work harder than him)

but you could literally film yourself w/like 3 NBA guys all summer where all you're essentially doing is being dummy defense and rebounding and they **** w/you because you have access to a gym,

and because you document that daily on your IG you can build your entire **** off that and go around the country hosting basketball camps for kids at over 500 bucks a pop calling yourself an "NBA skills trainer" when really all you're doing is rebounding and playing dummy defense for these guys. It's sick.

Haha the instagramification of hoop trainers has changed everything. I'm not saying people like Brickley or Hanlen especially don't know their ****, (Especially Hanlen. I've personally never seen a trainer work harder than him)

but you could literally film yourself w/like 3 NBA guys all summer where all you're essentially doing is being dummy defense and rebounding and they **** w/you because you have access to a gym,

and because you document that daily on your IG you can build your entire **** off that and go around the country hosting basketball camps for kids at over 500 bucks a pop calling yourself an "NBA skills trainer" when really all you're doing is rebounding and playing dummy defense for these guys. It's sick.

Yuuuup...I know people that have made a good life out of this :lol:

Homie I was at Grind week in 2016 with Mo Williams, Draymond, Felton, Thad Young. Could have finessed the game.

:smh: me and my integrity

Has Lethal Shooter actually improved anyone’s percentages?

I know KCP worked with him a TON and the results... :rofl:

Also- I know Rico Hines’ runs at UCLA are highly regarded as some of the best summer runs but I’ve watched a lot of clips of them and can’t really tell exactly what he’s doing other than giving some vague directions and encouragement.

Like Bobby Brown and Jordan Crawford will be in those runs looking like Gods and comparatively speaking... those guys couldn’t stick on a roster in the league for too long at all.

Ricco's legit IMO you have to realize that at that level there's not 'much' ANY trainer or coach can do for a player. But his breakfast club workouts have helped guys immensely. The Raptors were there a ton last summer and guys like Pascal improved big time and attributed that to him. He doesn't just host pick up runs.

And Bobby Brown and Jordan Crawford are great basketball players lol maybe not NBA tier but they're good enough to play well in pick up games up to 7.

He doesn't just host pick up runs.

And Bobby Brown and Jordan Crawford are great basketball players lol maybe not NBA tier but they're good enough to play well in pick up games up to 7.

Right that’s what I’m trying to figure out. He doesn’t just host——— what does he do??? I see the value in providing a venue for the best to play pickup but I’m wondering if that’s all he does because UCLA men’s gym runs pre-date Rico. Reggie Miller credits UCLA runs against Magic in the 80’s for making him better.

Rico is obviously respected and legit— Lebron, KD, literally everybody has been in his runs at some point.

I mean yeah JC dropped 50 in an NBA playoff game once didn’t he? And Bobby... obviously he’s better than the average person but every time I’ve seen him in an NBA uniform he was getting destroyed or there were only 37 seconds left in garbage time and he was trying to hoist up a bad 3. He was cooking folks in China but so was Jimmer Freddette.

Right that’s what I’m trying to figure out. He doesn’t just host——— what does he do??? I see the value in providing a venue for the best to play pickup but I’m wondering if that’s all he does because UCLA men’s gym runs pre-date Rico. Reggie Miller credits UCLA runs against Magic in the 80’s for making him better.

Rico is obviously respected and legit— Lebron, KD, literally everybody has been in his runs at some point.

I mean yeah JC dropped 50 in an NBA playoff game once didn’t he? And Bobby... obviously he’s better than the average person but every time I’ve seen him in an NBA uniform he was getting destroyed or there were only 37 seconds left in garbage time and he was trying to hoist up a bad 3. He was cooking folks in China but so was Jimmer Freddette.

I mean Ricco's an actual basketball coach. The runs are what gets the youtube vids and stuff but he's out there at 7, 8 in the morning training guys and getting them real in game style reps. He doesn't just host runs. He's also a G league coach.

and JC and Bobby are like in the 98th percentile of basketball players worldwide so it's not out of the realm of possibility at all to see them having success in those runs. Them getting bump in those runs and killing is more of a showcase on how good they are and how tough it is to stick in the NBA when you're on the fringes.

yo did we find out why Jimmy B left his perfect situation in Philly yet?

Mans was averaging 19 a game, didn't get an all star or all NBA nod. There was no way Jimmy Butler was staying in Philly with that arrangement. He thinks way too highly of himself to be a 18ppg 3rd option / fringe all star game kind of guy.

I take pics with the players I train. But it is not to get famous. Mostly they want the pics because of the social media age we live in now. They want to show they were in the Lab training with me and post it. Not mad at it, just the world we live in. I don't ask though, if a NBA/D1/Pro wants to take one I will.

I train the #1 8th grade girl right now in the state and she has like 10k followers. Trainers are in her DM trying to steal her from me all the time hahaha. It is just the cold world we live in SMH. Social Media age.

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers you got twitter? That actually has helped me a TON gain so many clients it is crazy .

One thing I did notice though is some of the "old heads" that are traditoinal be hating on me and other younger trainers hard. It is like anything else in this world man, times change and you need to adjust to what the player likes. If they like posting their workout vids, post it. If they want them private, then keep it private. No hard feelings to the OG's but **** let a young brother live.

I take pics with the players I train. But it is not to get famous. Mostly they want the pics because of the social media age we live in now. They want to show they were in the Lab training with me and post it. Not mad at it, just the world we live in. I don't ask though, if a NBA/D1/Pro wants to take one I will.

I train the #1 8th grade girl right now in the state and she has like 10k followers. Trainers are in her DM trying to steal her from me all the time hahaha. It is just the cold world we live in SMH. Social Media age.

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers you got twitter? That actually has helped me a TON gain so many clients it is crazy .

I got a Twitter. I still don’t post stuff about what we do in the lab. I’ll shout my guys out or cut up some video of them or something I saw on synergy

My thing is I’m trying to put stuff in these kids’ bags that’s either proprietary and I want the competition surprised when they see initially. I always looked at the big dogs in the league never posting new stuff they add. I’m probably being weird but hey

A big man hasn't been the deciding factor in a championship since Shaquille O'Neal.
kg wasnt a difference maker in 08? him punking pau was the catalyst to pau going full deadpool in 09 and 10.

anything is possible, remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom