THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the fact that all these Lebum Lovers was hanging all there hopes that Ty Lue was coming to the Lakers and all there dreams and wishes will come true. Steve Balmer is really pushing the envelope to take over LA

Again, I never argued that there possibly was some palm greasing and corruption in the deal, as with almost EVERY MAJOR REAL ESTATE DEAL when public land and prime real estate is involved.

*Let's not ignore the fact that the Rams are right next door with a super bowl in 2022

*Dolan and msg own that land.

*Dolan is on record lobbying for the Lakers to move back to Inglewood in 2024

*most of that land has been an unused eye sore for years and they could have broke ground on low income housing years ago and they didn't.

*uplift and its team of lawyers are bank rolled by Dolan and msg

These are facts that can't be denied. Not even by you and MVP MVP

The Rams being there already is precisely why the residents are up in arms and suing the mayor. The Rams presence has already caused the price of real estate to skyrocket in that neighborhood. The Clippers building another arena will only compound that. And again from what has been reported they went through some far shadier tactics than normal to hide from the city's residents. I don't remember them suing the city after the Rams deal was announced.

Again, I never argued that there possibly was some palm greasing and corruption in the deal, as with almost EVERY MAJOR REAL ESTATE DEAL when public land and prime real estate is involved.

*Let's not ignore the fact that the Rams are right next door with a super bowl in 2022

*Dolan and msg own that land.

*Dolan is on record lobbying for the Lakers to move back to Inglewood in 2024

*most of that land has been an unused eye sore for years and they could have broke ground on low income housing years ago and they didn't.

*uplift and its team of lawyers are bank rolled by Dolan and msg

These are facts that can't be denied. Not even by you and MVP MVP

If the deal ends up falling thru, then what?

The Rams being there already is precisely why the residents are up in arms and suing the mayor. The Rams presence has already caused the price of real estate to skyrocket in that neighborhood. The Clippers building another arena will only compound that. And again from what has been reported they went through some far shadier tactics than normal to hide from the city's residents. I don't remember them suing the city after the Rams deal was announced.
I totally agree with you and the fact that the deal was shady. Far more shady than normal? Nah. Especially because uplift Inglewood is reportedly bank rolled by Dolan and msg.

But set all that aside. Take the Lakers jersey off for a sec. Let's be real here...let me ask you this

Do you REALLY THINK that JAMES DOLAN would sell his land for pennies on the dollar to build low income housing right across the street from the brand new Rams stadium?

0AF16D6C-8A3D-4E2F-809E-8C300D1D85FB.jpeg

"Fraudulent"

Dont do this

Nash has the worst WS of any MVP in the last 20 years (10.9 in 2005- that year the Suns had a 33 game improvement and the lowest PER 22.0 in 2005 of any MVP in the last 20 years)

Shaq in 05- 23/10/2.5 ; 11.0 WS, 27.0 PER; Heat 59 wins
Kobe in 06- 35/5/5; 15.0 WS, 28.0 PER; Lakers 47 wins
Nash in 06- 19/4/11; 12.4 WS, 23.8 PER; Suns 54 wins

By the numbers both his MVPs are the worst in the last 20 seasons

Last edited:
If the deal ends up falling thru, then what?
If it falls thru, then it falls thru. The Clippers will move somewhere else. I'm not on the side of "I'm a Clippers fan so everything the Clippers do is right and everything the Lakers do is wrong".

My only point in this debate was, don't be naive. If the Clippers don't move to Inglewood, the Lakers will in 2024. And if the Lakers don't, then that land will be used to further develop that area and drive poor people out.

I'll pose the same question to you...

Do you REALLY THINK that JAMES DOLAN would sell his land right across the street from the Rams brand new stadium for pennies on the dollar so that they can build low income housing there?

My only beef with you (and it's not a beef, I respect you) is that you make it a "Clippers are the bad guys" issue when that's far from the case.

I firmly believe that if the Clippers deal falls thru, the Lakers will move back to Inglewood. If the Lakers move back to Inglewood, you aren't approaching your posts regarding the topic with the same vitriol as you do now.

The Lakers haven't given any indication they want to move from downtown though. So where is your theory coming from? Yes Dolan would like Jeanie to move but AEG is also a major owner in the team and own Staples center. Wouldn't make any sense for them to move back unless the team is sold.

Nash has the worst WS of any MVP in the last 20 years (10.9 in 2005- that year the Suns had a 33 game improvement and the lowest PER 22.0 in 2005 of any MVP in the last 20 years)

Shaq in 05- 23/10/2.5 ; 11.0 WS, 27.0 PER; Heat 59 wins
Kobe in 06- 35/5/5; 15.0 WS, 28.0 PER; Lakers 47 wins
Nash in 06- 19/4/11; 12.4 WS, 23.8 PER; Suns 54 wins

By the numbers both his MVPs are the worst in the last 20 seasons

How do you feel about the fact that Kobe never once led the league in either of the stats you just cited?

The Lakers haven't given any indication they want to move from downtown though. So where is your theory coming from? Yes Dolan would like Jeanie to move but AEG is also a major owner in the team and own Staples center. Wouldn't make any sense for them to move back unless the team is sold.
I'm not asking you about the buss family or aeg motives. They have their own ideas on where they want the Lakers to be 10 years from now.

I'm asking you...

If you think James Dolan would sell his land for pennies on the dollar to build low income housing on ultra prime real estate across from a cathedral like the Rams new stadium?

I'm not asking you about the buss family or aeg motives. They have their own ideas on where they want the Lakers to be 10 years from now.

I'm asking you...

If you think James Dolan would sell his land for pennies on the dollar to build low income housing on ultra prime real estate across from a cathedral like the Rams new stadium?

You're all over the place man. What I think Dolan will do with his land is irrelevant to the discussion just as what you think the Lakers will do after their lease is up (based on pure conjecture) is irrelevant. The facts are Balmer was doing what was akin to shell corporation tactics to hide their true intentions and by the reporting didn't go though the proper protocols which is why the city is being sued by its citizens.

If it falls thru, then it falls thru. The Clippers will move somewhere else. I'm not on the side of "I'm a Clippers fan so everything the Clippers do is right and everything the Lakers do is wrong"
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Because that's definitely how you came off.

My only point in this debate was, don't be naive. If the Clippers don't move to Inglewood, the Lakers will in 2024. And if the Lakers don't, then that land will be used to further develop that area and drive poor people out.

Where are you getting this from? All indications are that the Lakers are working on renewing their lease at Staples. And even if that weren't the case, they would be moving back to the forum and not the land designated by law to be meant for affordable housing. So if the deal falls thru that's what the land would be used for. That's the whole point

I'll pose the same question to you...

Do you REALLY THINK that JAMES DOLAN would sell his land right across the street from the Rams brand new stadium for pennies on the dollar so that they can build low income housing there?

Allegedly Dolan agreed to sell the land because the mayor told him it was going to be used for a technology park. So that's what I'm going off of. The mayor says he sold it because of a dispute with Kroenke. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But I don't really know what you're trying to imply here either way. The fact that the superior court ruled that butts is personally liable for fraud makes me lean more towards Dolan's story

My only beef with you (and it's not a beef, I respect you) is that you make it a "Clippers are the bad guys" issue when that's far from the case.

I've never done this. I've repeatedly tried to remove sports from the equation and focus on gentrification and fraud. I've been saying the clippers should have their own arena. When they were first renovating the forum I thought the clippers were going to end up moving there. I don't care about the clippers getting their own stadium, again it's about gentrification and fraud which the mayor has a track record of anyway.

I firmly believe that if the Clippers deal falls thru, the Lakers will move back to Inglewood. If the Lakers move back to Inglewood, you aren't approaching your posts regarding the topic with the same vitriol as you do now.

This is where you come off as the 'clippers are right Lakers are wrong' guy again. Again I don't know why you think the lakers are moving back to the forum. And again, they would be moving to THE FORUM. It wouldn't interfere with affordable housing being built next door so it's not even the same situation. And I don't know why you'd think I'd be cool with the lakers doing the same thing the clippers are when I already said I wouldn't

Reactions: MVP
If we are keeping it 100, kobe didnt deserved his in 08.

Wardell didn't deserve his in 15 either. You can do this with a lot of players. Rose, Malone, Barkley, Magic. We talking about Nash though literally being the worst MVP in the last 2 decades by the metrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom