THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same people tripping over taco Tuesday are the same people celebrating Ballmer tryna fraud black and brown people out of land meant to be designated for affordable housing in order to further gentrify Inglewood. Lolz
Stop it. That land for the parking lot that was purchased by Ballmer was owned by James Dolan and msg. It was dolans plan was to try and lure the Lakers back to Inglewood after their lease expires downtown at Staples.

Ballmer is fitting the bill for the stadium 100% and not charging the city of Inglewood citizens one single red cent in taxes.

You act as though low income housing, an orphanage and an animal hospital was going there.

Stop pushing Lakers propaganda and calling it social injustice.

Stop it. That land for the parking lot that was purchased by Ballmer was owned by James Dolan and msg. It was dolans plan was to try and lure the Lakers back to Inglewood after their lease expires downtown at Staples.

Ballmer is fitting the bill for the stadium 100% and not charging the city of Inglewood citizens one single red cent in taxes.

You act as though low income housing, an orphanage and an animal hospital was going there.

You don't really know what you're talking about.

1WrBmEa.jpg
Allen Iverson being there is ridiculous lol. Steve Nash had an infinitely better 2000s. Wade?

The whole point was that low income housing was supposed to be a priority over a new arena and they went through unscrupulous methods to hide their true intentions.

A lawsuit that could unwind the Los Angeles Clippers’ plans to move to Inglewood cleared a major roadblock this week.

On Friday, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mary Strobel ruled against efforts to quash the litigation, which accuses Inglewood of violating a state law requiring public agencies to give priority to affordable housing developers and other government entities when selling public land.

A lawsuit filed by Uplift Inglewood, a group formed in response to rising housing costs, is now set for trial in September. If successful, the court could void an exclusive negotiating agreement between Inglewood and the Clippers, and force the city to offer the land to others, according to Strobel’s ruling.

“Today’s ruling is a step forward for our neighbors in Inglewood who are simply asking the city of Inglewood to follow California’s affordable housing laws,” said D’Artagnan Scorza, a member of Uplift Inglewood, in a statement.

“In the midst of booming development — which has caused skyrocketing rents and the loss of affordable housing — it simply does not make any sense to prioritize an NBA arena over the needs of Inglewood residents. Public land should be used for the public good, and access to housing is central to building strong communities.”

Inglewood approved the exclusive negotiating agreement in June 2017. The Clippers, whose lease at Staples Center expires in 2024, want to build the state-of-the-art arena on a mix of public and private parcels just across Century Boulevard from the site of the new NFL stadium.

Uplift Inglewood sued the city under the Surplus Land Act, a law designed to alleviate the state’s shortage of affordable housing. City officials have argued the housing is not an option for the property because of an agreement with the Federal Aviation Administration. The land falls within an area affected by aircraft noise.

Attorney Antonio Hicks, who represents Uplift Inglewood through Public Counsel, said the land could still be viable for housing with sound insulation. There are plans for housing at the nearby stadium project, he said. Even if housing isn’t an option, the Surplus Land Act also prioritizes park space — which would be unaffected by the noise — above private development.

“We’ve seen no evidence that any conversations about affordable housing, or open space, ever took place before this deal was struck,” Hicks said.

Attorneys for Murphy’s Bowl, the developer behind the arena project, asked Strobel to throw out the allegations related to the Surplus Land Act as they argued the city had yet to make any definitive decision related to the project.

In her ruling, Strobel disagreed, stating that the law would become unenforceable if petitioners had to wait until the deal was done to challenge it. The Surplus Land Act does not allow for the reversal of a land deal once it is finalized.

Inglewood has struggled with housing affordability in recent years. Property values and rents have skyrocketed as a result of significant investments in the community in the form of a new NFL stadium, Metro stations and a revitalized concert venue at the Forum.

According to Uplift Inglewood, their members have seen rent hikes ranging from $100 to $1,000. Some residents were forced to leave the city because of the rising costs. One woman living near the stadium saw her rent jump from $1,145 to $2,725, according to the L.A. Times.

The Inglewood City Council implemented a temporary rent increase moratorium earlier this year and extended it for another 45 days in March. The ordinance caps rent increases to no more than 5 percent.

The city is working on a more permanent solution.

The whole point was that low income housing was supposed to be a priority over a new arena and they went through unscrupulous methods to hide their true intentions.

The mayor of Inglewood is literally being sued for fraud

That land by the forum has been sitting there basically unused for YEARS. if the plan was low income housing, they could have broke ground on it a long time ago. The Clippers/Ballmer didn't stop that strictly because it was never going to happen.

Again, that land was owned by James Dolan and msg and he's on record saying he wanted to lure the Lakers back in 2024.

What is there to argue about? You want to be mad at someone, be mad at Dolan and msg.

That land by the forum has been sitting there basically unused for YEARS. if the plan was low income housing, they could have broke ground on it a long time ago. The Clippers/Ballmer didn't stop that strictly because it was never going to happen.

Again, that land was owned by James Dolan and msg and he's on record saying he wanted to lure the Lakers back in 2024.

What is there to argue about? You want to be mad at someone, be mad at Dolan and msg.

I don't think the mayor would be being sued if that were the case.

EDIT: BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE beat me to it

I don't think the mayor would be being sued if that were the case.

EDIT: BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE beat me to it
You and him are missing the point.

Never mind that the group "uplift" is bank rolled by Dolan.

I'm not arguing that the land shouldn't be used for the community. I'm not arguing if Ballmer greased palms you get the deal done. That happened for sure

That has never been argued by me.

My point is, the Lakers left Inglewood 20 years ago. After that, and the race track being closed, that land has been unused almost the whole time. That land could have been used for low income housing YEARS AGO!

Dolan is on record saying that he wants to lure the Lakers back to Inglewood in 2024.

Maybe the price hikes in rent are due to the fact that the Rams are moving into a monstrous new facility right next door and there's a super bowl on the schedule for 2022? Don't tell me you believe a price hike in rent is because of the Clippers? Don't be naive.

I was going to say...Nash/Wade....

But I ain’t going against Bubba Chuck. So my bis will allow it!
On the topic of bias, I'm ready to throw Tony Parket int here too. Numbers may not be as gaudy but he was uber-efficient and the best small guard finisher we've seen in a while.

Allen Iverson being there is ridiculous lol. Steve Nash had an infinitely better 2000s. Wade?

Infinitely better is a stretch

Nash's numbers were 16/3/9 on 50/44/91 with 2 MVPs, 6 All NBAs (Three 1st teams), 6x all star

AI's numbers were 28/4/6/2 on 42/31/79 with 1 MVP, 6 All NBAs (Two 1st teams) , 10x all star

Most agree Nash's MVPs are fraudulent

The mayor of Inglewood is literally being sued for fraud
Again, I never argued that there possibly was some palm greasing and corruption in the deal, as with almost EVERY MAJOR REAL ESTATE DEAL when public land and prime real estate is involved.

*Let's not ignore the fact that the Rams are right next door with a super bowl in 2022

*Dolan and msg own that land.

*Dolan is on record lobbying for the Lakers to move back to Inglewood in 2024

*most of that land has been an unused eye sore for years and they could have broke ground on low income housing years ago and they didn't.

*uplift and its team of lawyers are bank rolled by Dolan and msg

These are facts that can't be denied. Not even by you and MVP MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom