THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the roster that beat them:

51CAA950-9752-43DB-9318-89AC91EEDEB4.jpeg

Ahhhhhh one second of looking and I knew why they won. They had the most underrated and underappreciated player in the league Justin Anderson. Right, buc em buc em ?

He ultimately took less money to be an assistant coach so who goofed?

2K is washed man

Maybe potentially contributing to stopping the show from winning a title makes for it for him :lol:

Got no complaints about the classic 2k squads, used to put in work with that Blazers squad in 2k10/11 :pimp:

REVENGE
TOUR!!!!!!

Just wanna post the pre-season odds from the 14-15 season. Reminds me of this offseason. Dlo bout to have a Dray 14-15 glo :nerd:. All it takes is opportunity and the coach putting you in the right place, if you have the prerequisite skill set. Something the Spurs/Pop and Kerr are good at. Shaun Livingston got signed in that 14 offseason. Nobody thought a thing about it then, as he’d been cut and traded the previous seasons. WCS has the talent too.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2015_preseason_odds.html

Also...going through B-ball reference...it’s real interesting how Bron’s teams were the favorites for 5 straight years going into the season. Then they underperform during the season/playoffs...and some years, become “underdogs” heading into a finals they cakewalked too...all to drive home a narrative.

But nonetheless. The Revenge Tour continues :pimp:

As someone of (part) Italian heritage, yes.

And same energy if LeBron dressed as a leprechaun and yelled in a fake Irish brogue that he was doing Corned Beef and Cabbage Wednesday since I am also part Irish.

Serious.

It was said in jest but I feel you. I'm Indian so I'm used to my culture being made a joke of by a lot of people/in film & TV out here and it bums me out every time.

I would not be down for no damn Masala Mondays with Bron running around in a Turban and mocking the accent :lol:

It was said in jest but I feel you. I'm Indian so I'm used to my culture being made a joke of by a lot of people/in film & TV out here and it bums me out every time.

I would not be down for no damn Masala Mondays with Bron running around in a Turban and mocking the accent :lol:

I was mostly joking too because I’m personally not that sensitive about that kind of stuff, but I also don’t think it’s fair for me to tell someone else they shouldn’t offended by something if it genuinely bothers them. Like, I’m a fan the Simpsons, but I get why the Apu character is a big problem and would never tell an Indian person not to be offended by it.

Last edited:
Warriors are faneto

Hope they finish 8th seed so houston can sweep them round 1

I was mostly joking too because I’m personally not that sensitive about that kind of stuff, but I also don’t think it’s fair for me to tell someone else they shouldn’t offended by something if it genuinely bothers them. Like, I’m a fan the Simpsons, but I get why the Apu character is a bit problem and would never tell an Indian person not to be offended by it.

The way I look at it is, if I'm going to laugh at jokes about other types of people then I'd be a hypocrite to be taking **** too seriously. That's kind of why I say "bums me out" over "pisses me off," because obviously I'm going to feel something but these aren't the racial issues to be upset about, IMO.
Apu lead to some annoying **** said to me/fighting growing up, but **** when I watch Simpsons I still laugh at him and think he's a funny character.
When you can tell there's legit hate or prejudice behind something then it makes it different, I've seen some comedians do race jokes where I could just tell "Yeah dude says some racist **** behind closed doors and he/she is teetering it here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom