THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so its ok for the lakers to move back to inglewood and help progress gentrification because their land would be where the forum sits? you are contradicting your whole stance strictly because if any team moves back to inglewood, it still drives poor people out. it doesnt matter if theres a "technology park" across the street or not. hypothetically, lets say the lakers are moving back to inglewood (the forum) who do you think will bankroll the project? the tax payers of the city of inglewood. in addition, the same gentrification issues that you complain about with this clippers deal, would still exist.

If the Lakers or even the clippers moved back to the forum it wouldn't interfere with the land across the street being used for affordable housing. I don't understand why you're not getting that. I'm specifically talking about the misappropriation and fraud used to acquire the land. And why would taxpayers have to pay for a team to move into an already existing arena?

if dolan agreed to sell the land back to the city of inglewood, he wouldnt be pitching the buss family on coming back to inglewood. (dont get this statement twisted as me saying what the lakers plan on doing. i dont know and i dont care)

Dolan did agree to sell the land back to the city. What does that have to do with him pitching the Lakers on coming back to the forum? You're talking about two different pieces of land bruh. Dolan is claiming that he was duped into selling the land and the superior court ruled that there was a 'conscious intent to deceive' which is why the mayor is personally liable for fraud which is extremely rare for a public official to be held personally liable

i am not silly enough to think that any of that land (the land that MSG owns or the forum itself) will ever be used to benefit the poor people of inglewood. if its not the clippers, its the lakers...and if its not the lakers it will be a whole foods, jamba juice, starbucks, or any other hipster magnets across from that new rams stadium (somehow, someway you will make that statement about the lakers just because i mentioned them in the sentence)

Bruh.. what in the world are you talking about. Don't know how many times I have to say that the land is required by law to be used for affordable housing. So if the city ends up losing the lawsuit the law would then be properly enforced. That's the whole point, that the mayor and Ballmer are trying to skirt the law in order to get the arena built as quickly as possible

The only leg you even have to stand on is trying to act like I would be cool with it if it were the Lakers instead when I keep saying no tf I wouldn't. And the only reason you're trying to say that is because you're trying to defend the clippers for doing it. I'm not you bruh. So yea let's just end it there

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
Since we talking Nash...My last image of Nash is of him crying in the locker room after Kobe and Co. knocked him out the playoffs. Mans was ugly crying aka draymond crying. It’s like he knew he would never ever win a championship. Never did. Cole world.

I can’t dispute that most people on here have some biases, but for the most part, Lakers fans are on another level when it comes to that. You’re actually one of the exceptions.

Yeah I know some Laker fans are crazy as a mug. Dudes still holding on to some Lebron hate that really has no roots. :lol:

But because a large majority of this thread HATES the Lakers we return that energy. That's why a take breaks from here but when I come back I get pulled back in the pettiness sometimes.

jfOQSRT.gif

And it do be some false stories about the Lakers. Nance jr had to dispel a lie that Rob told him he would never trade him. Rob not knowing the salary cap was a lie.

If the Lakers or even the clippers moved back to the forum it wouldn't interfere with the land across the street being used for affordable housing. I don't understand why you're not getting that. I'm specifically talking about the misappropriation and fraud used to acquire the land. And why would taxpayers have to pay for a team to move into an already existing arena?

Dolan did agree to sell the land back to the city. What does that have to do with him pitching the Lakers on coming back to the forum? You're talking about two different pieces of land bruh. Dolan is claiming that he was duped into selling the land and the superior court ruled that there was a 'conscious intent to deceive' which is why the mayor is personally liable for fraud which is extremely rare for a public official to be held personally liable

Bruh.. what in the world are you talking about. Don't know how many times I have to say that the land is required by law to be used for affordable housing. So if the city ends up losing the lawsuit the law would then be properly enforced. That's the whole point, that the mayor and Ballmer are trying to skirt the law in order to get the arena built as quickly as possible

The only leg you even have to stand on is trying to act like I would be cool with it if it were the Lakers instead when I keep saying no tf I wouldn't. And the only reason you're trying to say that is because you're trying to defend the clippers for doing it. I'm not you bruh. So yea let's just end it there
the fact that you think any team can play in that dump they call the forum without rebuilding it is funny. the forum currently has 4000 less seats than staples.

the only leg i have to stand on? THAT WAS MY POINT ALL ALONG! LOL

your blind bias and hate is real. you dont have to go further than the poll at the top of this page to see that.

again, i'll state the only point i was ever trying to make which is

if the lakers were in the same situation, using the same tactics to move into the same new stadium, you, and MVP MVP wouldnt be posting in this thread with the same venom as you have been. (maybe not MVP so much as you...nah, really just you)

you are lying to me and yourself if you say you would be the same hater you are now if it were the lakers.

agree to disagree. back to basketball

Last edited:
Yeah I know some Laker fans are crazy as a mug. Dudes still holding on to some Lebron hate that really has no roots. :lol:

But because a large majority of this thread HATES the Lakers we return that energy. That's why a take breaks from here but when I come back I get pulled back in the pettiness sometimes.

jfOQSRT.gif

And it do be some false stories about the Lakers. Nance jr had to dispel a lie that Rob told him he would never trade him. Rob not knowing the salary cap was a lie.

I always laugh about dudes complaining about Laker fans in here. ALA literally has membership from every other fanbase in the league. They hate us more than they cheer their own teams (and most have 3-4 squads per person). It's quite pathetic.

I always laugh about dudes complaining about Laker fans in here. ALA literally has membership from every other fanbase in the league. They hate us more than they cheer their own teams (and most have 3-4 squads per person). It's quite pathetic.

source.gif

jfOQSRT.gif

lakers
yankees
red sox
patriots
celtics
cubs
dodgers
cowboys
packers
steelers
raiders
any team lebron plays for
all teams with incredibly large fanbases and incredibly large amounts of people that dislike them. just comes with the territory.

but come on, i have heard laker fans... (not you specifically)
praise free agents that were rumored to be a laker, then call that same player washed when he signs elsewhere
call a player washed, then that same player signs with the lakers, now said player is a key piece to a championship run

i've even read a laker fan state that losing danny green was a bigger loss for the raptors than losing kawhi leonard.

so it's not all unsolicited laker hate.

and i dont hate the lakers...and lebron is still one of my favorite players all time

lakers
yankees
red sox
patriots
celtics
cubs
dodgers
cowboys
packers
steelers
raiders
any team lebron plays for
all teams with incredibly large fanbases and incredibly large amounts of people that dislike them. just comes with the territory.

but come on, i have heard laker fans... (not you specifically)
praise free agents that were rumored to be a laker, then call that same player washed when he signs elsewhere
call a player washed, then that same player signs with the lakers, now said player is a key piece to a championship run

i've even read a laker fan state that losing danny green was a bigger loss for the raptors than losing kawhi leonard.

so it's not all unsolicited laker hate.

and i dont hate the lakers...and lebron is still one of my favorite players all time

I've seen people say "the Lakers young players are overrated, nobody wants them"

Then after the AD trade happened it's "The Lakers gave up the house!!!"

Like I said it's on both sides.

I've seen people say "the Lakers young players are overrated, nobody wants them"

AD before trade to the Lakers...top 3! He's going to be the missing piece to a championship team (with the Celtics)

AD after trade to the Lakers...he ain't that good.

Lakers fans are probably more critical of our players than any outside fanbase. See Bron, Zo, D'Lo, Juju, Kobe, etc.

But you got Hardenstans literally jumping through every hoop possible making excuses for him and don't get me started on the ultimate homer in buc em.

Agreed. but...keeping it real, in this thread, the Lakers hypocritical fan contingency does seem a bit bigger than the others. And that is because of the numbers as well.

Nash has the worst WS of any MVP in the last 20 years (10.9 in 2005- that year the Suns had a 33 game improvement and the lowest PER 22.0 in 2005 of any MVP in the last 20 years)

Shaq in 05- 23/10/2.5 ; 11.0 WS, 27.0 PER; Heat 59 wins
Kobe in 06- 35/5/5; 15.0 WS, 28.0 PER; Lakers 47 wins
Nash in 06- 19/4/11; 12.4 WS, 23.8 PER; Suns 54 wins

By the numbers both his MVPs are the worst in the last 20 seasons

Who led the league in Win Shares when Kobe won his? I’ll give you a hint. It was Chris Paul and he was robbed.

Bron is ignorant af with this taco Tuesday schtick. Even tho he's on my team I can admit when he or anyone else does something stupid. You can be a fan of a team and not cosign every single thing they do

Bron is ignorant af with this taco Tuesday schtick. Even tho he's on my team I can admit when he or anyone else does something stupid. You can be a fan of a team and not cosign every single thing they do
What are your thoughts on Kyle Kuzma's haircut?

What are your thoughts on Kyle Kuzma's haircut?

I hope he changes it before the season starts :lol:. But on the real, I've never been in here defending Kobe's rape charge. When D'lo recorded swaggy I said wtf is wrong with this dude? Magic and Rob was dumb af to get caught tampering. So it's ******** to sit up and act like I would defend the Lakers if they got caught up in some fraud case. Or act like I'm being the moral police because I point out another team's dirt and soft dudes wanna act sensitive about it. FOH

Some of yall will say all kinda wild foolery about your teams and then when it doesn't work out just kinda fall back and try to come back later like nothing happened :lol:. But then say Laker fans are hypocritical and 'myopathic'. Lolz

@P C H you a real BAN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom