THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on one hand we’re mad that stern forced players to dress a certain way. On the other hand we’re saying those players were gonna dress that way anyway?

If you don't understand what the dress code was about by now I don't know what to tell you. :lol:

And somebody telling you to do something or else when already moving different is gonna be a problem.

I don't wear jerseys I'm 30 plus - Hov

This must have KILLED dudes whose closet looked like this :lol:

1925585_10100605498213534_1682831136_o.jpg

so you're proving my point. how can you be a follower and also the one that shifts the needle forward? cant be both.
Fashion is invented at the fringes and gets slowly passed through approval by different levels of groups until it becomes mainstream. There are always people who are both followers and influencers.

Or people actually think Jay-Z “invented” the idea of wearing button down shirts? He’s actually a perfect example of someone who ingests culture created by others and passes it on to the mainstream.

Fashion is invented at the fringes and gets slowly passed through approval by different levels of groups until it becomes mainstream. There are always people who are both followers and influencers.

Or people actually think Jay-Z “invented” the idea of wearing button down shirts? He’s actually a perfect example of someone who ingests culture created by others and passes it on to the mainstream.

You missing the point man. None of these dudes "invented" anything. Popularizing something, putting your spin on it is something totally different.

Let's be honest skinny jeans/tight shirts was something white rockers and skaters been wearing forever but once hip hop got on it put that flavor to it, it became a wave.

I’ll give Stern his props for being about his MONEY, and helping these guys get paid. That’s the bottom line. The league did experience numerous lockouts with him. The NFL was bigger in the 80s and 90s, than the NBA.

I didn’t like the CP3/Lakers fiasco. And, he did help take the NBA global. He’s had his good and bad moments. The dress code fiasco was blatant though. You can’t have it both ways. Those Pistons fans did cross the line.

His marketing was otherworldly, for the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. But nowadays with the advent of social media, etc. and the world being connected, there’s no such thing as marketing. Everything is accessible.

But the fact that he HELPED these guys get money and maximize themselves, I’ll give props

You missing the point man. None of these dudes "invented" anything. Popularizing something, putting your spin on it is something totally different.

Let's be honest skinny jeans tight shirts was something white rockers and skaters been wearing forever but once hip hop got on it put that flavor to it, it became a wave.

only thing Bron contributed towards fashion is his signature shoes. Wades shoes were never good enough to be time tested and last beyond his career.

And like you said, fashion was going to change anyway. It always starts in the streets. And a lot of us cats in the streets got friends or family members who just so happen to play sports. And with them being on that large of a scale, what some of these people get confused as being “influential” is something that was already happening on a smaller scale.

Like when damn near all of use thought Fabolous was organically stylish. Come to find out, this man had a STYLIST for his whole career, back then. Smh

Let's be honest skinny jeans/tight shirts was something white rockers and skaters been wearing forever but once hip hop got on it put that flavor to it, it became a wave.

We were always wearing skinny jeans too though. Especially in the 70s and 80s. That baggy s**** was just rebelling against the “establishment” :lol: :lol:. Glad it only lasted for about 15 years :lol:

look at any photos of black people in the 1980s and before. Skinny and fitted clothing

Sounds like you dudes are arguing semantics at this point. I think everyone agrees that Bron and co. didn't create anything fashion wise, but did heavily influence by way of their reach.
I don't think that people agree that at all. :lol:

Jimmy probably got mad that a rookie who hasn’t played a regular season game and 2nd year guy from Europe were higher profile JB athletes than him...

So Bron, Wade, Russ, etc didn't adapt to an already established style? And then people didn't follow them?

Aight :lol:
It's a pointless back and forth at this point but people were already moving simultaneously. We didn't even start getting major exposure to these guys on a daily basis until IG.

Plenty of stern stories coming out, one that stood out was Magic’s comeback

Some owners and players were against it so stern threatened to HIV test every player if magic wasnt going to be welcomed back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom