THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1421B075-6DE3-4AB9-8EA9-CB4233B0C97C.jpeg

We need somebody like that for the bench who can get hot from three once in a while that also has championship experience like him. Just signing him as a dude to come off the bench wouldn’t be a terrible move. If he sucks it’s not like they couldn’t just cut him.

Our wings are just fine though, the last thing I'd want is to bring in a player who will take time away from Thybulle and knowing Brown, he WILL do that solely based on Smith winning a chip. He tends to over-rely on "vets" in meaningful games because he doesn't know what else to do. Just look at Monroe last year.

The focus should be on a ball handler (who can soot) or a shooting big. No wings should be considered.

The dress code was blatantly prejudiced, that was a sad part of his legacy. I'm not going to spit on his grave or anything but yeah

I ain't wanna say it but Stern deserves some criticism. His whole overreaction to "Malice at the palace" was wrong. From the dress code to suspending dudes for any little physical play. He listened to all those racial undertone comments from the media and sponsors and felt like he had to "get the league under control". I was glad when Adam Silver took over because Stern's time had just ran out. I don't know if players would feel/be empowered the way they are now if Stern was still commissioner. Nonetheless he did some great things for the league.

forgive me if already stated
but he'll be remembered for enforcing the dress code, letting detroit draft darko over melo ( international reasons) and of course "basketball reasons"

I think the dress code benefited the NBA. Was it wrong on ethics? Yeah probably. But it was a smart marketing move. And Stern’s legacy #1 is he was a marketing genius.

Open argument if you think Stern was on the player’s side trying to help them get $$ marketing to white America or you think he personally represented that part of America.

Dress code led to guys like Wade and Lebron getting personal stylists, which helped lead to NBA dominance of Instagram culture, which is fueling the league right now against all other sports. Love it or hate it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom