The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
...We know. Illphillip is there.

I didn't want to say anything. NT detectives put in that work. But that's what it was and alas....I did not make it.

Al Bundy got me. Married With Children :smh:

I'm sure that opinions on the album will start circulating shortly nonetheless.

OwensDropsTD.gif

Damn Phil! We were counting on you! >: >:

Just kidding son :lol: I'm actually more upset at not knowing Married With Children was on tonight.

Dam bruh, Abel out here killing dudes pockets, $58.00 for a exclusive deluxe 
sick.gif
. $30.00 for a tank
sick.gif

Imma just cop a deluxe album,my boy spazzin.

http://shop.theweeknd.com/

"PLEASE NOTE THE ARTWORK BOOKLET CONTAINS IMAGES THAT SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND EXPLICIT"

Lulz.

If this album is as good as the rest of his work (I'm sure it will be) I'm pulling the trigger and buying one of those T-shirts.

lol I havent revisted the trilogy since it first dropped... Listened to it the other day during a private shoot with this light skin piece and when I say this kids music x a bad chick will make the coldest N* catch feelings lol... Actually interested to see how much bunz I can get to kiss land.. I think i can count atleast 4 bodies to Trilogy joints

Met this Mexican yamb a while back. She was a big fan of The Weeknd. **** was a super turn on. She was giving me the green light... Until she found out I smashed her coworker. :smh:

And if you know me well, I don't like to talk...

...but when I make a move, you know it's loud as ****.

And if you wanna scream, get loud as ****...

...babyyyyyyyyyyy.

Glad to see the Odd Look Remix will make the album....at least the deluxe album.
Will not listen to live for....album is ordered....
Belong to the world had to grow on me a bit...love it now. Love in the Sky was instant sex to my ears.....odd look is still my favorite of the bunch though.

I have no doubt this album will make him. I have faith that every song will be good and he will slowly start to blow up. Hopefully he will be on drakes album again and he can hit super star status....dude deserves it

...We know. Illphillip is there.

I didn't want to say anything. NT detectives put in that work. But that's what it was and alas....I did not make it.

Al Bundy got me. Married With Children :smh:

I'm sure that opinions on the album will start circulating shortly nonetheless.

OwensDropsTD.gif

Damn Phil! We were counting on you! >: >:

Just kidding son :lol: I'm actually more upset at not knowing Married With Children was on tonight.

:lol:

Oh no. I meant I'm actually married with children and that **** will consistently derail the best laid plans.....

Even if he's signed, he could go The Dream route and release a mixtape under another alias (Noise).

But I was just thinking that Life of the Party needs to be experienced live, with an insane amount of fog and lasers and lights.

12 tracks. I can live with that. Wish he would have put Enemy on there for some reason. Still love that song. Pretty excited we only have two weeks until release day.
pimp.gif

^^ It's been a long time coming. Very interested to see how far he's come from the mixtape days. I think his subject matter is consistent and always will be relatable to that dark after hours culture. More interested in hearing the improvement in his voice and how it syncs up with the production route he's decided. Nonetheless proud of the dude for making it this far, and not succumbing to suicide. Hope he continues to put out good music.

Illangelo on how him and Abel connected:

You’ve basically been the 40 to The Weeknd’s Drake since the beginning. How did you two hook up?

We met at the Dreamhouse Studios, Toronto in December of 2010. Our first session together was very special and I will always remember it. I walked him in and started playing some sounds I created and he began singing this beautiful melody; 45 minutes later we had conceived what would become ‘Crew Love’. It’s the kind of chemistry that can’t be duplicated or faked. From that moment on I dedicated myself to the project for all three albums up until the release of the Trilogy.

Succumbing to suicide? He mentioned that? :nerd:

Yea, touches on it briefly in wicked games.

"Got my heart right/Got my scars right here"

Think a while back, he said it was the song that meant the most to him of all.

At any rate there's pics out there with scars on his wrist.

Well damb. Learn something new every day. Always though "scars right here" were metaphorical for the pain he's endured in his relationship with the girl he left back home, since he didn't love her no more, and what not. Glad he overcame it.

Yeah, I believe it was. The fact that he had that same scar in the picture you posted really makes me think that it was just a burn or something that he got years ago. I still have faint scars of burns I got when I was 9-10 and I'm 19 now.

^^^

Not for nothing, but a lot of times there is very little "listening" at listening parties because everyone is talking/networking/trying to get a drink.

Back
Top Bottom