The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Live for is a good song... It's not crew love or love in the sky but it's great in its own right... I need 9/10 to come on though...

This dude Juicy J just sampled High For This on his track Smokin Rollin... I'd play it a occasionally 
pimp.gif

Looks like I gotta play the original back one time before I head to bed

Last edited:
I like Live For, even though a lot of people aren't feeling it. I hate to say it, but I actually think Drake brings the song down. I dunno, just the way he sounds on this one. Probably the only one who feels this way though :lol:. I understand how the chorus can be hit or miss with people.

Kiss Land definitely won't be a dud, sales wise. This guy went gold re releasing 3 free mixtapes. Live For got like 300K plays on his Soundcloud in like a day. Drake definitely was a factor, but 300K+ in one day is insane.

As for whether Kiss Land will be a dud musically, I doubt that too. Can't drop them 3 discs then fall off completely. Only thing that concerns me is looking at the iTunes preorder how isn't all of the tracks 'explicit' ?

At this point in the game, one either rocks with the Weeknd or doesn't. Ain't nobody new really gonna get put onto the Weeknd via whatever he does with Kiss Land. I think this is why he's releasing all these tracks and videos. It's for the fans. Dropping 3 free mixtapes in a year was crazy, but think about the thirst back then. Now that he's made it, it's more of a thank you, I think dropping all these songs. Ain't no artist with a 10 track album dropping 4 tracks prior to it being released. Purposely. Only this dude, man. :lol: :lol:

10 tracks but like 3-4 of them that we haven't heard yet are like 6-7 mins long. So even though we've heard 4, there's still a lot to be heard. I have faith. Can't wait.

Sales wise I feel like there's a possibility it could be a dud.. I still don't know a large amount of people in the real world that **** with him like that

But thats not my concern.. I'm copping, thats all I can do

Just off whats already released it cant be a dud musically, at least for me.. Love in the Sky and KissLand quickly landed in my top 10

This dude Juicy J just sampled High For This on his track Smokin Rollin... I'd play it a occasionally 
pimp.gif

Looks like I gotta play the original back one time before I head to bed
Listening to the album now. Spazzed when I heard it.

" Did this dude just do this?"

Pimp C
pimp.gif

Spazzed also when I heard 2 Chainz sample Weeknd a while back.

Last edited:
Live for is not bad, but I expected more from the song. Crew Love and the zone were just too nice for me to even like this one.

if his album is a dud, i'd still hold his music to a high standard & anticipate future releases... his discography (features included, since he hasn't had one bad one imo) have all been pretty much flawless. up until this point, it's not an exaggeration to say he hasn't dropped a bad song yet :lol:

that's if his album is a dud though... i've only listened to kiss land, belong to the world, & the odd look remix so far & all of those have been good. if he continues along the path of these tracks, the album will be a success imo. im going into this album with a mindset of not comparing it to his older work though because he really did set the bar high with his past releases.

as far as sales go, he has a loyal fanbase, so i can see him pushing some solid #'s. i don't think he'll sell anything crazy, but as long as the quality is there, i think that's the biggest thing. i'll still support on the release day.

Was gonna choose the bottom but both are good.

Depends on the mood. Chi Duly when I'm heading to the club, Sango when I coming back or at the crib.

Codeine Cups is piff, the rest ehh. 

Never heard of these, good ish.

Dont really like covers at ALL,but this is 
pimp.gif

How there is any denying The Morning is beyond me, man. That song... All the time... Every time. :pimp:

*cough* henz0 *cough*

That guitar Morning video. :wow: :pimp:

This guy Weeknd will push numbers I believe. Dude has 1M followers on Twitter. If Earl can do like 75K and Ferg like 35K first week, I think Weeknd can do anywhere from 50K+.

:lol: its not a bad song, its just not one of my favs. I like the first verse, the 2nd not so much

I'd be surprised and happy if he goes gold

Back
Top Bottom