The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wish that Birds interlude would release! :wow:

I was happier before I knew it existed! Damn you krisboyz781

That interlude sure was amazing. Any chance The Weeknd becomes like Chief Keef in terms of great mixtapes, but goes away from style and dissapoints on album and goes downhill from there?

Cheif keef album disappointed? Lol that ish was flames.

He just needs to hook back up with Illangelo

Dude clearly had a much bigger influence on the music then we gave him credit for.

I like Kissland and Love In The Sky but they arent near his best work.

maybe its the label putting pressure on him to record less risky stuff too tho

:rolleyes

Dud?

Kiss Land is going to be like Lasers?

Weeknd just got compared to Chief Keef????

Did you guys miss the first 3 singles that were released? All of which are fire and all of which are classic Weeknd tracks? This is the only song that doesn't sound like his normal stuff and the beat is still absolutely fire - so I don't know why you guys are begging for Illangelo. Please relisten to Love in The Sky and Kiss Land before discussing this tomfoolery for 2 pages.

I don't know how it got derailed to dude turning into chief keef. :lol:

I stand by the questions I asked. All for the sake of discussion.

How can Kiss Land be a dud when all 4 tracks released so far are good tho

Word though...

...and really, my only complaint is the fact that I have leaked songs off the upcoming project to listen to.

Remember how much fun it used to be for this N' to make one tweet, have the innanet goin' nuts, and then get that ear-**** of 9 new songs on a tape?

And on another note - how is this guy Drake tellin' good girls "we're going home", but on "Odd Look" AntiSimpMaster Abel is puttin' work all in a good girl's purse...

...guilt all in her grin.

s15g0l.png

Wait...4 released?
Live for...
Love in the Sky...
So is Kissland/John Carpenter count as two? Haven't been keeping up :lol:

Live for is an instant skiiiiiip!!!! That chorus is bunk

The fact that so many of yall are trashing Live For is making it sooooooooooooooo much easier to hold out. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The fact that so many of yall are trashing Live For is making it sooooooooooooooo much easier to hold out. :lol:

Most definitely not trash.. I dont think they heard it in the whip and/or intoxicated yet bout to party.

It does sound more like a Drake song than a Weeknd tho.. Drake bodied it

Good to hear. After Love In the Sky I'm serious this time I'm not listening to anything else until the album drops. 
laugh.gif

3/4 songs released are FLAMES. I just don't see an artist of his calibre releasing a dud album. I consider the mixtapes albums themselves, and none have skipped tracks. That's an absolutely insane track record! It's great thinking he could never do wrong, but we've just faced reality with this latest track. It just sounds unbalanced and uninspired to me :\. Not concerned about the entire project though, and his future endeavors. I would however like to see that reunion between artist & producer (Illangelo).

Live For does sound a bit uninspired compared to his other songs but it's still a good song imo. Certainly not a skippable song.

:lol: @ somebody making a chief keef comparison that _ was garbage from the jump.

I can't see Kiss Land being a bad album. Every song he's put out from it has been DOPE. So unless the songs he hasn't leaked are bad this album should be great.

:lol: @ somebody making a chief keef comparison that _ was garbage from the jump.

I can't see Kiss Land being a bad album. Every song he's put out from it has been DOPE. So unless the songs he hasn't leaked are bad this album should be great.

Live for is not dope at all. It's the same exact chorus as kiss land, but kiss land is sped up. Lets face it, The Weeknd needs Illangelo back, he doesn't have that mystique or umph that he had over Illangelo's production

Live for is not dope at all. It's the same exact chorus as kiss land, but kiss land is sped up. Lets face it, The Weeknd needs Illangelo back, he doesn't have that mystique or umph that he had over Illangelo's production

No it's not, If you're talking about the first part of Kissland it's a sample.

Life For is awful. Sounds sloppy and disjointed. Not well produced, flow is off, beat is awkward

This is gonna be on the album?

I don't know what song yall heard..but this Live For is very :wow:

Weeknd is 4 for 4, **** what you heard. Every song has been flames. Yall must not be listening to these tracks on good speakers or something, and even if you aren't, these are still great songs.

Live For for got that electronic + flamenco style guitar..just soo :x (in a good way)

Ready for Kiss Land :smokin

Back
Top Bottom