The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
NAHHHHh **** yall

Im not touching Love In The Sky..
I hope :frown:

No stan but The Weeknd doesn't have any skippable tracks and if he does aint none of them on Thursday. 

That said it's always been EOS = HOB > Thursday for me. 

When we start talking about the absolute upper echelon of Abel's catalog Gone and The Zone are the only joints from Thursday that make the cut for me. Thursday might be the most cohesive all the way through though. 

She said it won't be
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong

Before she falls
Out of loooooooooooooooooooovvvve

:pimp:

HOB is by far the best mixtape IMO, it's so beautifully put together. All the songs connect perfectly. After that comes EOS, so dark and Initiation is just "wooo". Thursday is amazing too, but it's not as good as the other mixtapes

HOB>>> for me as well. The vibe just flows all the way through, the transition from "Party and the after party" to "Coming down" is flawless. It paints a perfect image of hittin the club. The beginning jingle is like a diddy bop into the club with your boys feelin fresh as ****. You find that one chick, poppin, sippin, make your way back to the spot, not knowing how the **** you got there but some how you made it. The rest of the night is a blur of 1 second images that play in random order.
Then fade into "Coming down"
Sun rising, eyes open, bunch of naked chicks on your bed. Mad **** around but feeling lonely as **** hence " all alone" in the beginning of the track. Pills wore off, drink wore off, now the only thing on your mind is the shorty that got your heart. Guilty conscience, thinking how you gonna explain that you cheated AGAIN. Calling and she aint answering.
**** I can relate to man :smh:

^ You might wanna get your ears checked fam you ain't hearin The Birds Part 1 right if you can skip it.

Thursday=EOS>HOB
I became a fan of the Weeknd like a month before Thursday released, and while HOB was
dope, I ain't get those hardcore feels till Thursday.
Also, as far as replay value Thursday and EOS are more replayable than HOB.

the weeknd is an artist that can touch people that are in different situations ....to me same old song , d.d , and wicked games ....and the birds pt 1 ......hes singing the thoughts in my head / my perspective on things / and situations ive gone - and am going through , singing these things in a voice that is even more melodic than the beat he is over .

weeknd is the goat singer to me alrdy yo , mj voice with a player persona >

I became a fan of the Weeknd like a month before Thursday released, and while HOB was
dope, I ain't get those hardcore feels till Thursday.

Looks exactly like my story

Naw. First 4 and a half minutes of Lonely Star, Life of the Party, The Birds Part 1 are all skippable to me. This mixtape is only 9 tracks long :lol:

WOW @ Skipping Lonely Star.. Read the lyrics and listen again.

And just :smh: @ skipping Birds Pt1

Last edited:
Heard Love in the Sky last night. Downloaded it to my computer this morning and have listened to it like 20 times since. I got no self control. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Naw. First 4 and a half minutes of Lonely Star, Life of the Party, The Birds Part 1 are all skippable to me. This mixtape is only 9 tracks long :lol:

WOW @ Skipping Lonely Star.. Read the lyrics and listen again.

And just :smh: @ skipping Birds Pt1

Nothing about Lonely Star ,besides the end, does it for me. Easily the weakest intro out of the three tapes IMO

You buggin b.

They're all 9 tracks long.

Obviously but I was only talking about Thursday and its 3 subpar tracks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom