The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Only seen that 1:43 video. I was going to hold off, but depriving myself of music seems stupid, so I can't wait to spin it fully later. Fan response is sounding good from this thread.

I don't get why some of you are torturing yourselves by not listening to new releases 
laugh.gif

I don't get why some of you are torturing yourselves by not listening to new releases :lol:

I always enjoy that experience of hearing the majority of a project for the first time when the whole project releases. Takes me back to before this Internet Instant Gratification era of music.

You can't get tired of this greatness 
pimp.gif
i d

truuuuuu. you know what i mean tho...[j cole example] i hear power trip on the radio alot and i have it on my ipod and play it alot so then when the CD drops i skip it...even though i knows its one of the best songs on there.

I don't get why some of you are torturing yourselves by not listening to new releases :lol:

I always enjoy that experience of hearing the majority of a project for the first time when the whole project releases. Takes me back to before this Internet Instant Gratification era of music.

This.

For projects from artist I'm heavily anticipating (KRIT, Kendrick, Dom, Nas) I avoid singles and leaked tracks like the plague.

This is the first release in years where I just didn't have the strength. |I

But it's Wednesday... Baby why you calling? :pimp:

Thursday has the #1 spot for me too. Just so much understated emotion all over that album.

Idk man, the first time I heard what you need was a special thing

It was special to me too, but I first heard it as part of that three track zip from Drake's blog a few months before House of Balloons dropped so it didn't quite provide as much of an impact when I heard it on the full project. More than anything I was just shocked at the fact that HoB had no bad songs when I first heard it. Us thinking that Thursday was the best doesn't mean that we aren't acknowledging how much of a classic HoB is. We're just saying that Thursday is a classic too, and we just dig the sound of it a little more.

yall trippy mane. Coming Down is classic :smh: :smokin

I doubt anyone would argue against this.

Last edited:
^ Was originally announced as August 27th. Then it got pushed back to September 10th. Hopefully that's where it stays.

And despite all the hype I still haven't listened to Love in the Sky or BTTW. I'm tryna listen to the album in complete awe when it releases :lol:. Same goes for Drake's album.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom