The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love Thursday. But, Life of the Party can get skipped, any given day. That's it. And it's not that I don't like it. I can just do without it.

Honestly, they're all equal to me. I listen to EoS more than anything else. But, I listen to Wicked Games more than any other song. Still.

Next and Lonely Star are the next most played.

Theres the trust issues joint.. IDK if you'd call that a mix tho

Didn't think this many people ****** with Thursday ( the song ) like that :smokin.. Its def in my top 5 after Gone & Next

Theres the trust issues joint.. IDK if you'd call that a mix tho

Didn't think this many people ****** with Thursday ( the song ) like that
smokin.gif
.. Its def in my top 5 after Gone & Next
Oh yeah I definitely mess with that track... but if there's anymore fanmade mixes post em here, the one posted is pretty legit.

I honestly hate ranking his projects.

Simply because, 1) They're all incredible & 2) I get something different from all 3 that leave me amazed in their own special way.

So on any given day I might really be in more of a HOB mood, a Thursday mood, or an EOS mood. Or a little of all three lol.

This man just makes great music that makes me feel so many things & it's absolutely crazy :smokin

I thought I hated Belong To The World the first time I heard it but it was just the music video distracting me. Song is too tough to deny.

This is how i feel about his music, nothing to be meant as a fact, just my humble opinion on it. You know his music is very meaningful to many when it has everyone debating about it.

House of Balloons
High for this - 10/10
What you need - 10/10
House of balloons/Glass table girls - Skipped
The morning- 9/10
wicked games - 7/10, usually skipped since it was played so much on radio
The party & the after party - 10/10
Coming Down - 10/10
Loft Music - Skipped
The knowing - 10/10

Overall, 9/10

Thursday
Lonely Star - 10/10
Life of the party - Skipped
Thursday - 10/10
The zone - 9/10
The Birds part 1 - Skipped
The birds part 2 - 8/10
Gone - 10/10
Rolling Stone - 10/10
Heaven or Las vegas - Skipped

Overall, 9/10

Echoes of silence
D.D. - 8/10
Montreal - 10/10
Outside - 8/10
XO / The Host - 10/10
Initiation - 7/10
Same old song - 7/10
The Fall - 8/10
Next - 7/10
Echoes of silence - 9/10

Overall, 8/10. Funny thing is, its My "Least" favorite of the three (using least for a lack of a better term) but i dont skip any tracks on this tape unlike the other two, even some of the songs i dont feel so strongly about as the others on EOS, every single song transitions and flows so well together and why i always play it front to back when i do listen to it. I didnt like this album before but in the last month or two has immensely grown on me.

Trilogy
Valerie - 10/10, currently my favorite song and playing the **** out of it.
Twenty Eight - 9/10
Till Dawn (here comes the sun) - 6/10

....I dont bother with the remasters at all.

Last edited:
The Morning gets a 9, the Birds pt 2 gets an 8... and Valerie gets a perfect 10?

tumblr_ll3oeqQXbe1qbvaudo1_500.gif

To each his own I suppose

Last edited:
The Morning gets a 9, the Birds pt 2 gets an 8... and Valerie gets an perfect 10?

Correct, Valerie > the morning and the birds pt 2 for me. Sometimes i dont feel like hearing a trap beat, and just feel the production is better than birds. Valerie has such great production, and i feel the same as Maximus, the lyrics strike the personal experience chord, Abel makes you feel the emotion on how he executes. The production, melody, and lyrics are all perfect to me in that song. But you are right, to each his own, thats the best part, it only matters if you enjoy the song, no one else has to like it as much as the other one does.

I definitely understand where you're coming from my man. The emotion he puts forth in some of his songs just resonates better with some folks than others. Whereas I think I have a good understanding of the song Valerie, I just know for certain that The Birds pt 2 is pretty much my life right now. I'm living with the repercussions of having girls looking for more from me than what I ever told them I'd give. But that's just me.

Like I said, to each his own. I definitely respect anyone's opinion on Weeknd's music. At the end of the day... It's all amazing. :nthat:

Im on a constant rotation of favs... Today its Valerie, tomorrow its Birds 2 the next day who knows. and the cycle continues on through KissLand..

The Fall was like.. man.. can't even explain what that song meant to me junior year of college :smh:

@Josh4523 everything you said is exactly how I feel.. it's like we listened with the same ears

Last edited:
I honestly don't know how im not tired of his music yet. I just put the trilogy on shuffle and Im good! :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom