The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I already like Belong To The World, so I'm sure I'm gonna grow to love it after more listens.

I think dude would be better off NOT making videos lol. The Knowing was so dope! Afterwards, idk...

Got my dude Drake lookin real "Friday" with that "Take Care" Grammy tho...

..."really it's both of our's, but we'll just keep it at my house."

because of 4 songs where the part the weeknd wrote is actually sung by him? naw.

so many albums are made just like that w/ a major helping hand to the main artist

You definitely weren't supposed to take that seriously my G...

That interview was nice, good to hear the artist' thought process when putting together a tape/album.

I'm personally going to try and hold out on the singles/leaks until it drops in stores.

eek.gif

Never knew The Ride was Drake's song until just now (don't mess w/ him post So Far Gone)... had only heard the Meek Mill version and to know that was originally going to be on HOB.

Mind Blown.

Last edited:
Thought the video for belong to the world was great, the actual song not so much.

Don't think he's going to fall off or anything, but if this was his initial debut song I don't think I'd be checking for him much.

Thought the video for belong to the world was great, the actual song not so much.

Don't think he's going to fall off or anything, but if this was his initial debut song I don't think I'd be checking for him much.
Yeah if I was a someone new I'd be like... uhh, na man, I'm good.

But for me, I think the song is decent, nothing near anything classic but I do like the meaning of the song or what he explained of it. I've been playing it all day trying to let it grow on me.

He said himself that when people think of Kiss Land they'll think of a mainstream album due to its name, but it's quite the contrary. Happy to hear that.

Not a fan of the radio single btw.

Last edited:
Not listening to **** until I get the whole album.

Same thing I was thinking. Didn't even make it through the whole "you belong to the world" track. Not because I wasn't feeling it. Honestly couldn't tell you how I feel about the song since I only head a minute or so of it. But I'm ready for the whole project. One song here and there isn't working for me.

Yall have some will power that I never had lol

I don't know if you were here/rocking with The Weeknd in general during the epic droughts between parts of The Trilogy, but we're used to waiting at this point :lol:

I watched the video, but I won't be rewatching it or getting any ripped mp3's from it. I too shall just be waiting.

Last edited:
Oh I definitely was, and I was definitely beasting on any snippet or preview of anything new hahaha. I was just under a different SN that got lost in the move from YUKU. I remember all the subtle hints that were dropped and everyone Sherlock Holmesing when a release date would be on a new tape lol

I seriously have no patience when it comes to this guy

Not really feeling the song at all. This is one of the few bad songs he has made, hopefully it will grow on me as I listen to the album but as of right now it's just eh.

I think his debut will be pretty good but, from the material that's out so far, will be nowhere near House of Balloons. Just listened to that mixtape today and my goodness that is a legendary piece of work. Tracks 1-9 are literally nearly the top 9 tracks in his catalogue.

wasn't feelin belong to the world either... it didn't have that classic weeknd feel to it, but i see what he was trying to do.

not worried though... this was one of the very few tracks i wasn't feelin from him.

that interview was great though... :wow: if HOB would've had those 3 extra tracks

Last edited:
From Kissland and John Carpenter, so far I am not worried about the whole mainstream thing. Those two songs are about as non mainstream as you can get and will be on the retail album.

I agree, he's one of the very few artist that seems to have kept it organic since day 1...
K. Dot is the first cat in the last few years to not sacrifice his quality of music to push his debut album, but to stay current French X Wiz X Drake all had a strong Internet prescence and then took a 180 for the worse on their debuts IMO, all going mainstream despite saying great things leading up to the release... "I'm focused" "best piece of work I've done" "classic" etc etc.
Just would hate to see Abel fall in that trap, that all.

Last edited:
Snippet didn't make it sound that good. The video seemed low in volume. But the CDQ version you can find and download in the KTT Weeknd forum... :wow: :wow: :pimp:

I'm not a foooool... :pimp:

Snippet didn't make it sound that good. The video seemed low in volume. But the CDQ version you can find and download in the KTT Weeknd forum... :wow: :wow: :pimp:

I'm not a foooool... :pimp:

i cosign this powerful, powerful post

ooooooooooooooooooo girl i know i should leave youuuuuuuuuuuu

:smokin :smokin :smokin

lol at people trying to judge weeknd's new music in the day time... yall should know by now, weeknd's music dont hit u right until you're hella faded, late night, in the whip, wondering where to take your night from here...

Anyone know what the hat/shirt looks like in the Weeknd VIP package? I missed the onsale so I rather pay 175 for VIP/Shirt/Snapback/Great seats/Poster than pay $100 for decent seats

Anyone know what the hat/shirt looks like in the Weeknd VIP package? I missed the onsale so I rather pay 175 for VIP/Shirt/Snapback/Great seats/Poster than pay $100 for decent seats

i see you're from socal, have you been to the greek theater before?

i'm trying to go to the LA show and i see you can still get some tickets off of ticketmaster ranging from $52-$68. tryna see if these seats are even worth it (terrace seats), from the looks of it, the venue looks fairly small

and sorry, dont have an answer to your question.

Last edited:
Man i heard the song yesterday on MTV Jams 3 times....it was like every time i turned to the station in between commercials it was on (and always fallowed by the jam of the week Big Homie Quan - Some type of way...god that song is annoying)

He some times has a bar or two that will really resonate with me and its this in the new song:
"I have succumbed to what I've become"

Really makes me think that he wants to love her...but he isn't that guy....from "I made it clear to the world ain't no body gonna be that somebody" its like he is trapped in his persona of the player type even though he knows this girl is something special to hold onto.

I think dude is a genius. The vid was on point to me too, great visuals, great feel, i liked the story, could have used more naked women since it was a weeknd video after all.

Back
Top Bottom