The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
gave drake hob throwaways
laugh.gif

Thanks for the Complex link, it was a good read. Dude is on another planet; one of those "music artists" we talk about.

Can't wait for Kiss Land.

the air of mystery intentional?
Yes and no. In the beginning, I was very insecure. I hated how I looked in pictures. I just ******g hated this ****, like, crop me out of this picture right now. I was very camera shy. People like hot girls, so I put my music to hot girls and it just became a trend. The whole “enigmatic artist” thing, I just ran with it. No one could find pictures of me. It reminded me of some villain ****. But you can’t escape the Internet. There are super fans, and I was really testing their patience. At the end of the day you can’t deny the music. That was my whole thing: I’m going to let the music speak for itself. I’ll show them that this is what I do. But I’m very good at letting **** slide. If I wasn’t…

:nthat:

Which of the three resonates with you the most?
House of Balloons is the most important for me because I spent the most time on it. I didn’t have a deadline for that. As soon as I put House of Balloons out, I let the world know I’m coming out with two more albums this year, so I had my own little deadline. Before House of Balloons, it was all freedom.

House of Balloons was actually supposed to have more songs than it does. I had so many records left, and then Take Care came through. “Crew Love,” “Shot for Me,” and “The Ride” were supposed to be on House of Balloons. I wanted to come out with like 14 records. I felt like “The Ride” was the last one, and it wasn’t done yet. [Drake] heard it and he was like, “This ****’s crazy.”

wow...imagine if these were on HOB...and all weekend songs....i knew i loved shot for me for a reason...."the way you walk...thats me...the way you talkkkk thats me" weeknd swag

Last edited:
:nthat:
wow...imagine if these were on HOB...and all weekend songs....i knew i loved shot for me for a reason...."the way you walk...thats me...the way you talkkkk thats me" weeknd swag

Knew there was a reason SFM was my favorite off of Take Care.

Damn. More than a month away...lol I been waiting for this all year smh. This dudes music is in a class of its own...

Belong to the world is just the song for the radio. It's a radio banger, can't wait for the rest of the rest of the album. He will be the GOAT when it's all over. Yeah I said it

What genre would his music fit under...what could he even be the "goat" of?

I would say his music is probably alternative, but you could honestly say that he created a new genre. And I think he may very well be one of the best if not the best artist of this generation.

I would say his music is probably alternative, but you could honestly say that he created a new genre. And I think he may very well be one of the best if not the best artist of this generation.

Yeah alternative sounds about right. Hope dude continues to deliver

Got my dude Drake lookin real "Friday" with that "Take Care" Grammy tho...

..."really it's both of our's, but we'll just keep it at my house."

I remember when I first heard the album title was gonna be 'Kiss Land' I hated it. But after hearing him explain it I respect it.

Kind of surreal to read his interview. Just trying to imagine him sitting down and responding to all those questions is weird, almost never thought he'd open up.

Dope interview, :wow: at the tracks he gave drake those two can make magic together

Can't believe dude freestyled gone :x :smh:

Didnt like the new track at first but it grew on me quick.

I wanna hear Weeknd's Crew Love, SFM, The Ride and Practice. Doubt we'll get it though.

There are lyrics on Thursday, I don’t even know what the **** I said. “Gone” was a complete freestyle.
Lmao, I knew it. There is some **** on some records where I'm like, those lyrics are up for interpretation. 
Where do you see yourself in the world of R&B?

The only thing R&B about my **** is the style of singing. My inspiration is R. Kelly, Michael Jackson, and Prince, for the vocals anyway. My production and songwriting, and the environment around those vocals are not inspired by R&B at all.
I don't classify him as R&B at all either...

This dude freestyled gone....
Damn sick to hear him say it but this isn't even a big surprise to me. Part why that song is so sick I always thought he was deliberately trying to make it sound like he was coming off the top of the head... gone from substances. No we know it wasn't an act. 
laugh.gif

Got my dude Drake lookin real "Friday" with that "Take Care" Grammy tho...

..."really it's both of our's, but we'll just keep it at my house."

because of 4 songs where the part the weeknd wrote is actually sung by him? naw.

so many albums are made just like that w/ a major helping hand to the main artist

Last edited:
because of 4 songs where the part the weeknd wrote is actually sung by him? naw.

so many albums are made just like that w/ a major helping hand to the main artist
I agree with that sentiment, Drake did his thing and it is what it is.

I feel like the interview made Weeknd sound a bit too "oh, I did all this for Drake". In reality the whole interview was probably all over the place but of course the author wants to make that one of the main focuses.

Dude sounds exactly how I picture him, weirdo and introvert. Glad he dgaf about what people think about his friendships and what not. 

Had to listen to Gone again after reading the interview and Kissland too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom