The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Someone tweeted this on twitter about The Weeknd :

So are we in agreement that all Weeknd sings about is Gang Rape/Group Sex Heavy Drugs and money now? wack.

Ive never heard him sing about rape in any kind of way.

So are we in agreement that all Weeknd sings about is Gang Rape/Group Sex Heavy Drugs and money now? wack.

Maybe initiation?

Last edited:
Gang rape =/= gang bang
The lyrics do say "Ill get you high" though, in some people's view drugs being invoved means it isn't consensual

It was a stupid non-music listener/hipster comment though.. what does he mean "now" when Weeknd has had the exact same subject matter from jump :lol:

The lyrics do say "Ill get you high" though, in some people's view drugs being invoved means it isn't consensual

It was a stupid non-music listener/hipster comment though.. what does he mean "now" when Weeknd has had the exact same subject matter from jump :lol:

Basically. Everyone always wants to act like the older material is better in someway. The sound is different. He talks about XO, sex, drugs/alcohol, money and love in some sort of twisted way. Even before he was famous or had money, he talked about this lol

I've even seen people talking about Kiss Land is a song dumbed down and made for the radio... A seven minute song with an interlude and barely a hook is him selling out for the radio :lol:

Basically. Everyone always wants to act like the older material is better in someway. The sound is different. He talks about XO, sex, drugs/alcohol, money and love in some sort of twisted way. Even before he was famous or had money, he talked about this lol

I've even seen people talking about Kiss Land is a song dumbed down and made for the radio... A seven minute song with an interlude and barely a hook is him selling out for the radio :lol:

:lol: people will complain about anything. The song LITERALLY starts off with him referencing a groupie at a concert that's giving him top but can't deep throat. That's for radio?

Some of it is actually good. Give Material Girl and Love Through Her. Especially the latter of the two. It's a gem.

Do It > *

I'm glad he didn't go that route but son could have for sure had success making pop music.

weeknights instrumental tape
nerd.gif

http://www.datpiff.com/The-Weeknd-Weeknights-instrumentals-mixtape.416432.html

Last edited:

Nah he def insinuates intoxicating chicks and forcing them to do things they wouldn't normally do.

Which is his art. I dont have a problem with it. I just want to point out the selective acceptance.

Maybe if Ross was more aesthetically pleasing to females and could sing he would still have a Reebok deal

"How Many Drinks" is a hit song by the way....hopefully nobody blocks me :nerd:

*Hops off soap box*

Nah he def insinuates intoxicating chicks and forcing them to do things they wouldn't normally do.

Which is his art. I dont have a problem with it. I just want to point out the selective acceptance.

Maybe if Ross was more aesthetically pleasing to females and could sing he would still have a Reebok deal

"How Many Drinks" is a hit song by the way....hopefully nobody blocks me
nerd.gif

*Hops off soap box*
I'm sorry but in a Weekend thread where everybody is very familiar with his music, you're going to have site actual lyrics for that.

When has he ever hinted at forcing anyone to do anything?

Clearly sings about drugs and being intoxicated with women, what he insinuates is that the drug use is consensual and part of a lifestyle, it's not a U.O.E.N.O. situation. 

Saying that he sings about raping women like ol girl on twitter is a fallacy, saying that he insinuates forcing women to do things is a looooooooong reach. 

I'm just saying, I'm by no means a rapist apologist but we gotta use discretion with the terminology we use, there are men out there behind bars right now because what was a consenting act at the time, at some point later on got termed an act by force

Last edited:
I'm sorry but in a Weekend thread where everybody is very familiar with his music, you're going to have site actual lyrics for that.

When has he ever hinted at forcing anyone to do anything?

Clearly sings about drugs and being intoxicated with women, what he insinuates is that the drug use is consensual and part of a lifestyle, it's not a U.O.E.N.O. situation. 

Saying that he sings about raping women like ol girl on twitter is a fallacy, saying that he insinuates forcing women to do things is a looooooooong reach. 

I'm just saying, I'm by no means a rapist apologist but we gotta use discretion with the terminology we use, there are men out there behind bars right now because what was a consenting act at the time, at some point later on got termed an act by force

I mean Initiation is about a tale of young Abel getting a chick so intoxicated "she forgets why shes there in the first place" and taking her home and offering her to his boys.

"Go downtown with the drugs in your body"

Sex with an intoxicated person who isnt able to give consent is rape. Not hard to find cases where kids have caught cases for having sex with drunk or drugged chicks. Whether the chick willingly was drunk or drugged doesnt matter.

Like I said tho I dont think Weeknd is a rapist nor do I think Ross is or Miguel. Just pointing out the double standard.

Sure "Sneaking Molly in her champagne" sounds more heinous than "let me get you intoxicated and make you do things you wouldnt normally do" especially when sung over chords.

Its still "rape"

I mean Initiation is about a tale of young Abel getting a chick so intoxicated "she forgets why shes there in the first place" and taking her home and offering her to his boys.

"Go downtown with the drugs in your body"

Sex with an intoxicated person who isnt able to give consent is rape. Not hard to find cases where kids have caught cases for having sex with drunk or drugged chicks. Whether the chick willingly was drunk or drugged doesnt matter.

Like I said tho I dont think Weeknd is a rapist nor do I think Ross is or Miguel. Just pointing out the double standard.

Sure "Sneaking Molly in her champagne" sounds more heinous than "let me get you intoxicated and make you do things you wouldnt normally do" especially when sung over chords.

Its still "rape"

Last edited:
1. She knows who the weeknd is
2. She knows why she's there
3. She AGREES to take drugs with the weeknd (doesnt matter if its weed, molly, pills, coke, etc)
4. She put herself in that situation
5. WTF does she expect to happen as a a GROUPIE?

I dont condone rape at all, but you guys never got high/drunk and had sex with a random girl who was also high/drunk?

Rape = forceful. This doesnt sound like anything was forced upon her.

We can go back and forth about lyrics and context but Im sure we all can agree he sings about getting chicks drunk or high and smashing them. Whether its voluntary or not the state of intoxication makes the chick no longer able to give consent and according to the law its "date rape"

"Consent is also considered invalid if obtained under duress, or from a person who does not have the ability to understand the nature of the act, due to factors such as young age, mental disability, or substance intoxication."

What EVERY GUY Must Know About Date Rape

]If you get a girl drunk or high and then get together with her you have committed a sexual assault. If you do this and then have sex with her it is rape.

Even if you too are drunk or high when you have sex with a girl who is drunk or high you could be charged with rape. It is not a sufficient defense to say, “I was wasted too!”

When I first heard Kiss land it was the 2 tracks broken up and I thought Kiss Land was the better part.. But after hearing em together J.C is :wow: :smh:

Last night was one of the first of many Fridays/weekends listening to John Carpenter in the car on the way to making a bunch of trouble.... life is good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom