The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Just saw the replay of the match. Very entertaining. Red card obv swung the whole match.

That pass from Ozil to Higuain on that 2nd goal.....wow

Thats the thing, I don't believe it was a red card.

But let's say it wasn't, how would having Nani out there help to have stopped those goals? That Modric goal was sick, and the Ozil pass to Higuian then to Ronaldo wouldn't have changed if Nani could of been out on the pitch.

Momentum def changed tho.

Where do yall usually get your tix for EPL matches??
damn rck2 always popping in and asking for a way to hustle your way into England and get tix
laugh.gif

The times i went to england, Locals just said go to the stadium during the day and I did. took the underground to West Ham few years back, walked through the neighborhood and just went to an open window at the box office. lot of the time you can't get tix cuz its reserved for season ticket holders (only reason I couldn't see Arsenal or ManU the many times) but paid I think 60 pounds for lower level seats behind goal. these african dudes were in line behind the box office to see their first game too and found out day of the match we got seats damn near next to each other

in Liverpool there was a Cab driver that took me to my hotel and talked footy. he's said for the past 20 years he's been a season ticket holder for Everton for about 2K pounds, only sees a few games a season but that's his team
I'm 80% sure I'm going at the end of May.

Nice man! I definitely wanna go check out a match at my pop's old stomping ground at White Hart Lane.... but I get their the day before the final matches of the EPL.

only other match I could catch is the Champions League Final at Wembley 
laugh.gif
 and that'll be expensive as hell

Thats the thing, I don't believe it was a red card.

But let's say it wasn't, how would having Nani out there help to have stopped those goals? That Modric goal was sick, and the Ozil pass to Higuian then to Ronaldo wouldn't have changed if Nani could of been out on the pitch.

Momentum def changed tho.
well that extra man could have blocked modrics shot or could have held him off of the ball. That extra man could have also been in the box to deflect the pass to Ronaldo or to Ozil. All speculation though.

Last edited:
not a red, arbeloa has a history of flopping, anyway, fans and players quit after the card, great effort by david de gea still making saves after the team gave up on winning, they labeled us the come back kings but we didnt show it tonight

my dude nani flopped after he kicked someone too though :lol:

You never want the referee to have a significant role in the conclusion of a match, especially one between two of the glamour European sides. It's a shame, this one will be remembered by the controversial red card more than anything else.

One thing to remember is that intent is completely irrelevant when dealing with dangerous play fouls. Was it harsh? maybe. I don't think a red card decision is so farfetched that people should be talking about match fixing.

Even then, there was still work to be done. A team just doesn't die when they're down to 10. Admittedly, the momentum changed and the Madrid players grew in confidence. The Modric sub was critical. Kaka' had a very positive influence in attack. Diego Lopez made superb saves to preserve the lead after the incident. MoTM.

Ecstatic about the result but disappointed with the performance. If Madrid comes out like that vs. Bayern, they won't survive.

I empathize with Man Utd fans because I remember that Pepe red card on Alves.

Red card was a bit harsh.. you see players try and bring the ball down like that all time. I think the decision even suprised madrid players, if you watch the replay none of them were even asking for a card.. which is rare lol. Decision deff changed the game, you go from a 11 man team who is trying to press (doing a good job) to a 10 man team who is just trying to hold/defend. Does NOT take away from the quality goals madrid had, especially Modric. Guess we can fully focus on winning number 20 now.. :smokin :smokin

I will be rooting on Madrid.. would love to see Ronny/Mou win another.. Depending on the draw I see Bayern/Madrid final

Edit-- Arbeloa has deff been a weak link. Ramos does not hold a candle to a fit Pepe or Varane, short term fix till you can buy another RB is to move Ramos back out and play Varane/Pep in the middle. IMO would be perfect blend of power/pace. Ramos is good when he wants, but gets very sloppy and could deff cost madrid down the line.

Last edited:
it was a clear red. You united fans are just butt hurt. If it happened to RVP " he could have died" with a kick like that.

it was a clear red. You united fans are just butt hurt. If it happened to RVP " he could have died" with a kick like that.

:lol: Yeah cuz every United fan agreed with that statement. Pretty sure Fergie was the only one that said anything remotely close to that.

Was not a Red card, not a chance..

Im still very sad about the result, We were comfortable to that point and genuinely believe we would of gone through if id had stayed like that

Interesting quotes from Jose in his job  post-match interview... 
nerd.gif

Great to see the Ronny and the fans so respectful...

Manchester+United+v+Real+Madrid+UEFA+Champions+P729-IJrp4Ax.jpg

Manchester+United+v+Real+Madrid+UEFA+Champions+QN5jgHWqAOex.jpg

Manchester+United+v+Real+Madrid+UEFA+Champions+BMPc-wzAXYyx.jpg

Manchester+United+v+Real+Madrid+UEFA+Champions+6Bje98x9pOnx.jpg

And what does this mean for Rooney? 
nerd.gif

Manchester+United+v+Real+Madrid+UEFA+Champions+hDj-mp6Z_vvx.jpg

Except its not just united fans saying it wasnt a RED.. JADA is one of the biggest haters of anything United.. and he was the first person to say should have been a yellow, as were alot of ppl.

Jose Mourinho is def gone this summer, with or without champions league trophy. He can't stand the Spanish press and lack of hierarchy.

He's not going back to Chelsea. He's not going to City because of Man U. I think PSG has the best shot.

It'd be the perfect time to go to Man U, if Fergy retired. Which he won't, Mourinho is just waiting for that job.

Victor Valdes banned 4 games for going off on the ref last Saturday.

Seems a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jose Mourinho is def gone this summer, with or without champions league trophy. He can't stand the Spanish press and lack of hierarchy.

He's not going back to Chelsea. He's not going to City because of Man U. I think PSG has the best shot.

It'd be the perfect time to go to Man U, if Fergy retired. Which he won't, Mourinho is just waiting for that job.

I LOVE MOU.. but hes not for us, unless he actually would be willing to stay for a LONG time.

I LOVE MOU.. but hes not for us, unless he actually would be willing to stay for a LONG time.

If he would go to Man U, he would stay forever, he wants to stay in England forever after he's done "Taking Over Europe". Maybe coach Portugal in the world cups when he's much older, but its time to settle down, he's even said it himself.

I can't stand Mourinho.....in fact all that comes to mind when I think of him are those old Special one TV vids :lol: He's a very good manager though...I'd want someone like Klopp at Arsenal if/when Arsene steps down...someone who can be there long term, I feel like Mourinho would top out at 4 yrs max

not a red, arbeloa has a history of flopping, anyway, fans and players quit after the card, great effort by david de gea still making saves after the team gave up on winning, they labeled us the come back kings but we didnt show it tonight

Dude...he got studs into his ribs, flopper or not...that hurts.

Back
Top Bottom