The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

:lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...ed-fan-calls-999-over-nani-red-144837969.html

Man United fan calls 999 over Nani red card

Police have been forced to warn people not to waste their time after a Manchester United fan rang 999 to complain about Nani's sending-off against Real Madrid

The controversial red card garnered plenty of column inches and an 18-year-old in Nottinghamshire felt it was so egregious that he phoned the police to report it as a crime.

He later apologised for the call, claiming to have been caught up in the excitement.
"While this recent example may be amusing, it illustrates the sort of insincere calls we have to deal with on a daily basis in the control room," chief inspector Ted Antill said.

"They waste our time and they direct us away from genuine victims of crime, particularly if we dispatch officers out to something that turns out to be a bogus report."
Nottinghamshire police recorded 6,933 hoax calls in 2012 – which is about 2 per cent of all calls.

"I would ask people to think before picking up the phone for emergency services. I would also advise parents to ensure your children are aware that prank calls and the reporting of made-up crimes is a crime in itself," he said.

"There may be people out there in real trouble who need our help and they have to wait because we are tied up with calls like this one, reporting a referee from the television.

"It’s no joke. In this case, the man realised his bad judgement and apologised and we decided not to pursue it further. But we can and we do prosecute people for wasting police time and making false reports.”

Last edited:
I've seen RM come back to BEAT teams on the road after being reduced to 10-men. World class team in their "theater of dreams" can't even hold a match for 30 min? Not even see it to extra time? After the sending off it was like everyone knew it was over, and 10 min later it was.
laugh.gif

Basically Utd weren't in the same class as RM anyway. Their only chance was parking the bus for 180 min and to that I say...

1356442057327.gif

it was a clear red. You united fans are just butt hurt. If it happened to RVP " he could have died" with a kick like that.

"Sir" Alex would be crying just as much yesterday and demanding a red card if a Madrid player had done that to someone on his team. Most irritating manager of all time

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Champions-League-win-Manchester-United.html

The original Ronaldo has hit back at Sir Alex Ferguson after the Manchester United manager referenced him as ‘the fat one’ to distinguish him from last night’s match-winner Cristiano Ronaldo.

:lol:

Last edited:
1-1, Matri and Samaras, Wanyama assist.

2-1, Valencia upset. Soldado and Costa, Jonas assist. Lavezzi, Lucas Moura assist.

Basically Utd weren't in the same class as RM anyway. Their only chance was parking the bus for 180 min and to that I say...

Lol what? We're you even watching? the game was very close (united IMO looking better) up until that card. To say they are different classes is bs.. To compare Madrid holding a game with 10 men to a bottom table team is bs too.

Bought my tickets today for Barcelona. Will be catching the barca-valladolid game in may :pimp:

Do yall think the Champions League final is sold out?? Hell are they even for sale yet????

Whatever match I catch when I'm in England, I'll be decked out in either USA soccer or LA Galaxy gear 
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The most talented young Brazilian IMO...yes including neymar

He does absolutely nothing better than Neymar, and has inferior ability, so I don't see how anyone would rate his potential higher. Neymar is the better dribbler, passer, and goal scorer. Lucas tends to rely on pace to beat defenders, while Neymar has incredible close control. He's superior technically, is just as pacy, and even more agile. The biggest clubs in the world are lining up to sign him, and will pay far more for him than what PSG payed Sao Paulo. So I'm just going to assume you're just talking nonsense like the rest of the dudes who pretend to have seen enough to know exactly how Neymar is going to fare in Europe.

Do yall think the Champions League final is sold out?? Hell are they even for sale yet????

Whatever match I catch when I'm in England, I'll be decked out in either USA soccer or LA Galaxy gear 
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

There's a lottery-type drawing over the tickers on sale to the general public, but there are less than 10,000 available so chances of getting a pair are remote. I think you can still apply so you may as well give it a shot. The rest of the tickets are split between the two clubs who make the final, and sponsors/officials/guests.

-Madrid/United was a tactical battle, as expected. I know GIggs is classier on the ball, and more likely to pick out a pass on the counter, but they really could have used Rooney's work rate - though you can't blame Fergie as it was going well for them. After the red was shown I thought they should have packed it in ala Chelsea, and played 10 behind the ball without a reference point up top. And it was a bit harsh, but fair by the ref, I thought. Flying kicks can and should be punished, word to Nigel De Jong.

BvB was dominant yesterday over a very good Shakhtar side. Madrid/BvB would be an interesting draw next round. Stylistically, BvB are basically Madrid with inferior players, but more creative counter-attacking patterns. They'll sit back, and Madrid will be forced to play with the ball, but they looked bereft of ideas in possession for long spells yesterday.

Last edited:
thanks to work, i was blessed with the opportunity to watch Man U and Real yesterday. It was my first soccer match i've ever attended. Granted i'm a real fan but i have never experienced anything like that before. The atmosphere and ambience were indescribable. 

thanks to work, i was blessed with the opportunity to watch Man U and Real yesterday. It was my first soccer match i've ever attended. Granted i'm a real fan but i have never experienced anything like that before. The atmosphere and ambience were indescribable. 
That's crazy dude. Where was the match held??

Back
Top Bottom