The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

if you guys end up getting ade and lass your going to fine in my eyes..lass is a solid holding midfielder and has played high level football, plus he could partner up

with VDV well in the center of the park...as for ade, like i said earlier, he is great at hold the ball, he strong in the air and hes hungry to prove his worth.

and if Benayoun joins he'll be a good addition as well, i see him playing better since he'll be under less pressure and have more freedom with the pace on that squad.

harry is one of the best for me, and i think he'll figure this out the right way  

I was excited because I forgot Spurs played today so seeing them was a welcome surprise... then it became a nightmare
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Tough showing

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Modric was not the problem today for Spurs. Having Defoe play as a lone striker is basically playing with 10 at
all times when he's off the ball. He can't hold the ball up, his movement is poor, his finishing is nothing to write
home about and he's never going to win any balls in the air. Even Super Pav who came on and only played 15 minutes
had more smart runs than Defoe did in 90 and better passes too. We cannot solely depend on VDV to hold the ball up
in the midfield. In all honesty United just outclassed us with their strikers alone, look at Rooney and Welbecks
movement, they actually come show for the ball and force the CBs to make quick decisions, which without good
communication as shown by Welbecks header, will rip CB pairs apart eventually.
Nailed it. Spurs should be much more fluid and dynamic going forward when/if they have Adebayor at the point of attack. Though it must be said that Michael Dawson was awful at the center of defense. I'd also note that De Gea was somewhat shaky in goal despite the clean sheet.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

...I'd also note that De Gea was somewhat shaky in goal despite the clean sheet.  
dude kept spilling shots and missing high balls...
embarassed.gif

but i admire Sir Alex for keeping his faith in him...
the last thing De Gea needs is his manager telling him he's getting benched after just one league match...that would've killed whatever confidence he had straightaway...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

...I'd also note that De Gea was somewhat shaky in goal despite the clean sheet.  
dude kept spilling shots and missing high balls...
embarassed.gif

but i admire Sir Alex for keeping his faith in him...
the last thing De Gea needs is his manager telling him he's getting benched after just one league match...that would've killed whatever confidence he had straightaway...
Exactly, De Gea is a bit too comfortable on the ball sometimes
grin.gif

I just feel if Spurs lose Modric, they lose the integral part of their midfield. This late in the window he's irreplaceable.
Benayoun, Scott Parker, Lass, no one can fill that void. Also if you keep Modric along with getting Adebayor it opens up
how many different formations Spurs can play, ranging from 4-4-2 to any variation of a 4-3-3 because Modric can and is
exceptional at playing the Defensive central midfielder.
As has been said so many times, you could not ask for a better fit at CF for Spurs in Adebayor, when he wants to play and
is willing to work he's going to be a force for Spurs, with Lennon, Bale, VDV, etc, making runs off of Adebayor
sick.gif
going
to be filthy

Again, United will only get better, imagining their side gelling by the end of the year and it's scary, very scary. Watching
Giggs come on late in the match as a sub is obviously huge, he will be match fit, he can still play killer balls (even though Dawson's
marking was terrible) and is such a counter to using Valencia, Young, Nani on the wing.

After two weekends of football the guy that has surprised me the most is Shane Long, having only heard, and not seen much
of what he did in the Championship he's been very impressive. Him and Grant Holt from Norwich

Lol at Ando gif.

Still amped about the United game. Youngest team ever fielded in a Premier League game, the boys are just rolling. The back 4 look strong. Looks good.....

De Gea is a little worrying, but much better performance than the last 2 games. I think alot is down to getting used to the English game, language and gaining more confidence. He will get there, but he needs to bulk up, I can see him getting battered against Stoke or Bolton.

Unfair how good United looked with such a young squad out there.

ESPN now stating that a fee for Nasri has been agreed and he's headed to City for personal talks.

Manchester City agree deal for Arsenal's Samir Nasri
http://news.bbc.co.uk/spo...hi/football/14628121.stm

According to Arsene back in July...
"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri," said the Arsenal manager. "You cannot convince people you are ambitious after that. You cannot pretend you are a big club.

"A big club holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take [players] away from you.

"We worked very hard with these players for years to develop them and now it's time for us to keep them together."

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Still not sure why Man City "needed" Nasri but it won't really hurt them obviously. Arsenal is screwed.

Watch City's games, then maybe you'll understand. Silva was the only true creative force on the midfield for City. With Nasri they have two. Silva and Nasri can be City's Xavi and Iniesta light.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Still not sure why Man City "needed" Nasri but it won't really hurt them obviously. Arsenal is screwed.

Watch City's games, then maybe you'll understand. Silva was the only true creative force on the midfield for City. With Nasri they have two. Silva and Nasri can be City's Xavi and Iniesta light.
What the hell do they have Adam Johnson for if they aren't going to develop him? He [Nasri] wasn't as much of a necessity as you think. Johnson could mend the midfield position just fine if he's given an opportunity.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Senderos

As much as you give Nasri %*@! about going for higher wages, the blame has to be somewhat on Mancini IMO. Dude has been saying for MONTHS we need "2-3 more players for the squad to be complete and to compete." What? You need basically 2 and a half squads worth of players to compete?

%+* is Nasri going to do there? Serve tea at half time? Hell I think any one of us could find a way to play attractive winning football with the players at his disposal. Sure, they're in the CL, but look at all these other teams. 2-3 WORLD CLASS players at each position are needed just to "compete?"
laugh.gif
get the !%@@ out of here Mancini. And if they do play attractive football, you really think it's cause Mancini has changed his style? I think it'd be pretty hard to put the reigns on Nasri/Silva/Yaya/Kun/and/or whoever else you throw into that mix to start and have them park the bus.

And C-Walk, I'm with you 100% on the Adam Johnson opinion. Dude is basically completely screwed for minutes now. How the hell is this kid supposed to develop and get a fair chance. Not to mention that City actually do have promising youngsters but with personnel moves like this they're forced to do things like sell Vladimir Weiss to Russia and keep Johnson glued to the bench.
eyes.gif

Have fun playing the Fergie's babes. These kids are serious. Sneijder is probably needed for us to compete in Europe but IMO this squad is more than capable of playing for the domestic crown.

Deliverance of the gif of Ando
eek.gif

cel.gif

MOURINHO FACES LONG BAN
Jose Mourinho might be paying a hefty price for his actions in the brawl between Real Madrid and Barcelona during last week's SuperCopa final leg.

Mourinho poked Barcelona assistant Tito Vilanova in the eye during the scrum and is being investigated by the Spanish Football Federation. Hefaces a suspension of up to 12 matches (and as few as four) if found guilty. Vilanova also faces a potential ban for retaliating by pushing the Madrid boss.

The players at the heart of the fight -- Real Madrid's Marcelo and Mesut Ozil and Barcelona's David Villa -- each received red cards and automatic one-game bans for their actions.

FW: Dzeko, Balotelli, Aguero, Tevez
MF: Nasri, Johnson, Silva, Toure, Barry, De Jong, Milner

Basically leaves no playing time for Adam Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom