The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Finishing in the Top 4 would be a miracle for Arsenal at this point
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Still don't understand why people are bashing City for acquiring more talent. Anyone really think Sheikh Mansour has spent over a billion on the team just to be content with domestic success? Their ambitions lie in Europe, and if they want to compete with Barca, Real, and the other continental giants over the next few years they'll need all the top talent they can get. I doubt anyone considered Adam Johnson's feelings when making the deal, nor should they have. Silva, Dzeko, Kompany, Hart, Aguero, Nasri, etc. are all 25 or younger and will have a chance to grow and develop chemistry together. They'll be a force for years to come.

The salt I've heard coming from United fans is pretty funny though. If Fergie swooped in last minute and signed Nasri everyone would be deifying him.
Salt though
laugh.gif

Nothing to be salty about, all those players and they still can't beat us

Adebayor deal is done, already passed physical, should be announced tomorrow. Deal should include an option to
buy Adebayor at the end of the season for £12 Million. City should be paying about 45% of his wages.
pimp.gif

Diarra should be done by the weekend, not in time for the City match though.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Adebayor deal is done, already passed physical, should be announced tomorrow. Deal should include an option to
buy Adebayor at the end of the season for £12 Million. City should be paying about 45% of his wages.
pimp.gif

Diarra should be done by the weekend, not in time for the City match though.
Also heard that Tottenham is going to reject the 30M bid from Chelsea. At this point, I really don't mind because of Mata. I would've liked both but the more I hear about Mata and how he was involved in 30 goals last year, the more I'm convinced that we don't need Modric to climb to the top. Although that's a player I would love to have to get over the CL hump.

Chelsea are considering offloading Florent Malouda to Juventus in a cut-price £5million deal.

The French winger could be sold in a knockdown move to help balance the books ahead of the arrival of Porto right-back Alvaro Pereira.

Malouda for that price is a steal. Chelsea just has so many players in those positions that it's impossible to find minutes and they risk having issues in the locker room.

Nasri officially signs a 4-year deal with City.

Atletico left Forlan at home for their Europa league tie. The rumors of him to Inter might have legs...

Malouda at 5M is more than just a steal but there's no need for him in Chelsea. I wish him the best if the rumours are true. Also, Forlan to Inter would be a huge signing. If Inter can also get Tevez off loan, they are right back in the thick of things in the Serie A.

I hope Arsenal lose, maybe that will light a fire under the %!@ of Wenger and the board. If that happens and we dont make any signings its gonna be at least 2013 before we see the CL again.

Back
Top Bottom