The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Uhh why would Chelsea launch a bid for Modric when Mata is on his way?

They won't need him...

While Mata is an attacking midfielder, Modric plays more of a creative playmaking style of midfield, which is what Chelsea desperately needs at this point.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Uhh why would Chelsea launch a bid for Modric when Mata is on his way?

They won't need him...

While Mata is an attacking midfielder, Modric plays more of a creative playmaking style of midfield, which is what Chelsea desperately needs at this point.
exactly.. i say Chelsea needs both.. 

^ MAYBE 10 mins if they desperately need a goal. He still needs a few games with the reserves-team.

laugh.gif
 I love that "Thursday Night Channel 5" Chant 
laugh.gif

WELBECK~!

But Friedal is doing a fine, fine job.
EDIT ~ LOL, Danny... so full of confidence!  With the overhead kick and now trying to cut apart defenders!
eek.gif

Still... 1 goal isn't enough.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

That 2nd goal was a thing of beauty... team-goal.
Hernandez, Giggs and Park coming on... Berba STILL can't get in... 

In fairness, Brad was excellent...
Lol at Ando's... "Dancing".

27 shots, 21 on target... good stuff there.

x999.jpg

1000x.jpg

happy with the performance today
pimp.gif
, still had another slow start but we were fantastic in the second half.

all back four players played great, ando was sooo crucial, welbeck was great as well.

would like to see us balance the looks between nani and young though, still ando motm for me
pimp.gif

Tottenham played a pretty good 55 minutes and then it all fell apart. Just goes to show how much they miss Modric. At the same time, they need to cut their ties with him so they can be buyers before the transfer window closes. If they can get Diarra, Adebayor, Benayoun and another player while only losing Modric, that's still an improvement.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Tottenham played a pretty good 55 minutes and then it all fell apart. Just goes to show how much they miss Modric. At the same time, they need to cut their ties with him so they can be buyers before the transfer window closes. If they can get Diarra, Adebayor, Benayoun and another player while only losing Modric, that's still an improvement.

i agree, they looked a good side in the first half..harry needs to just move on with modric and get those players in, i think huddlestone should start for them, and

adebayor will help replace crouchy...also kaboul and brad freidel were class as well.

As crazy as it sounds, Phil Jones could very well end up being a bargain for £16.

Welbeck has a ways to go, but IMO has the potential to be world class. He put in some good work 3 years back, I think, playing alongside Ronaldo and Rooney that year as a 17 year old. At the time I remember saying
sick.gif
if this kid ever gets a chance and develops properly, well, 3 years later..

Patiently waiting on a gif of Ando after his goal
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

As crazy as it sounds, Phil Jones could very well end up being a bargain for £16.

Welbeck has a ways to go, but IMO has the potential to be world class. He put in some good work 3 years back, I think, playing alongside Ronaldo and Rooney that year as a 17 year old. At the time I remember saying
sick.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
remember feeling the same about welbeck, he was soo dominate during his reserve days, and scored a great goal when played with the first time at 17 now look

at him, hes a manchester boy as well so its great to see him play that way in front of his community.

i cant stress how optimistic i am about the future though, all our young players look great already and just wait till we introduce paul pogba and ravel morrison
eek.gif
!!!

Originally Posted by tonton32

remember feeling the same about welbeck, he was soo dominate during his reserve days, and scored a great goal when played with the first time at 17 now look

goal as a 17 year old =
sick.gif

set up from manucho =
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tonton32

wait till we introduce paul pogba and ravel morrison

Pogba is going to be such a problem. Fergie recently said that he has no choice other than to start giving him 1st team experience b/c his contract is up at the end of next year and teams want this kid. Morrison needs to keep his head straight & stay out of trouble. If he can do that he very well could be the best of all these kids we have.

Giving up Modric at this point would be absolutely pointless. The plan for transfers never included money
from a Modric sale so any signings using the money would be complete desperation. We do not want Berba to
happen again at the end of the window.

Modric was not the problem today for Spurs. Having Defoe play as a lone striker is basically playing with 10 at
all times when he's off the ball. He can't hold the ball up, his movement is poor, his finishing is nothing to write
home about and he's never going to win any balls in the air. Even Super Pav who came on and only played 15 minutes
had more smart runs than Defoe did in 90 and better passes too. We cannot solely depend on VDV to hold the ball up
in the midfield. In all honesty United just outclassed us with their strikers alone, look at Rooney and Welbecks
movement, they actually come show for the ball and force the CBs to make quick decisions, which without good
communication as shown by Welbecks header, will rip CB pairs apart eventually.

Congrats to United, Jones and Caulker will be the CB pair for England for a long time within 2 years. Cleverly is great
in the midfield.

RuffRydya08 wrote:

Pogba is going to be such a problem. Fergie recently said that he has no choice other than to start giving him 1st team experience b/c his contract is up at the end of next year and teams want this kid. Morrison needs to keep his head straight & stay out of trouble. If he can do that he very well could be the best of all these kids we have.

thats good news, hes already pitted to be a better patrick viera..and thats saying a lot.

with his size and skill set, he can easily inherit a consistent role in the 1st team..the question is whether this team right now is good enough to win the league and

perform in the champions league as well. which is why wesley might be needed, but looking down the road with pogba we will surely have a potential world class

midfield

to all the anderson haters

jhu2hf.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

sick.gif

laugh.gif

Although it pains me to say it, Phil Jones is going to be a star defender in the EPL, mark my words.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Giving up Modric at this point would be absolutely pointless. The plan for transfers never included money
from a Modric sale so any signings using the money would be complete desperation. We do not want Berba to
happen again at the end of the window.

Modric was not the problem today for Spurs. Having Defoe play as a lone striker is basically playing with 10 at
all times when he's off the ball. He can't hold the ball up, his movement is poor, his finishing is nothing to write
home about and he's never going to win any balls in the air. Even Super Pav who came on and only played 15 minutes
had more smart runs than Defoe did in 90 and better passes too. We cannot solely depend on VDV to hold the ball up
in the midfield. In all honesty United just outclassed us with their strikers alone, look at Rooney and Welbecks
movement, they actually come show for the ball and force the CBs to make quick decisions, which without good
communication as shown by Welbecks header, will rip CB pairs apart eventually.

Congrats to United, Jones and Caulker will be the CB pair for England for a long time within 2 years. Cleverly is great
in the midfield.

It all depends on really what Chelsea is offering. It really sounds like Benayoun is headed to the Spurs, and Lass and Ade are almost signed/sealed/delivered. If Chelsea is offering both Kalou AND Benayoun, you're getting some quality players. Ultimately, Tottenham would increase their chances at a top 4 finish, even while giving up Modric.

Back
Top Bottom