The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by trunks206

laugh.gif
 @ all the people getting on Arsenal right now. It took an offside player to initiate an OG for Liverpool to break through a 10 man Arseal team with 2 youngsters at the back. Hop off and actually support your own teams.

After today's match I am 100% confident that if TV wasn't hurt all last year we win at least one trophy. He destroyed Carroll in the air and somewhat made a back 4 with Jenkinson and Miguel on either side of him into a pretty solid defensive line.Our real captain, even though he doesnt have the armband. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, not excusing our mediocre play but Liverpool isn't exactly at full strength either our most creative player at the moment didn't even come on until the 70th minute, our right back is out, and our captain is out until September. And Arsenal had questionable calls go in their favor too. The play where Arshavin clearly fouled Kelly in the box and passed it to a wide open RvP in front of goal. Thank God Pepe saved that or the match could've easily been swayed on that no call. 
I agree Vermaelen is a great player at the back but let's be honest Liverpool are better when we play the ball on the ground and not try to fire the ball in to Carroll 100 times a match. 

Enrique was man of the match for me. He totally shut Walcott down. He also made some good runs forward and got the ball into the pen area. He was a bargain at 6 million pounds. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

How did Andy Carroll ever fetch 35 million pounds?
roll.gif
Dude looks like a walking bust out there. No pace, poor control, brutal touch on the ball - a typically mechanical (and overrated) English footballer.
and to think Newcastle valued him at  $1 million prior to last season
laugh.gif

• 1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to  Real Madrid – £80m (2009)
  • 2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Inter Milan to Barcelona – £60.7m (2009)
  • 3. Kaka: AC Milan to Real Madrid – £56m (2009)
  • 4. Fernando Torres: Liverpool to Chelsea – £50m (2011)
  • 5. http://soccerlens.com/tags/general/players/zinedine-zidane/Zinedine Zidane: Juventus to Real Madrid – £45.62m (2001)
  • 6. Luis Figo: Barcelona to Real Madrid – £37m (2000)
  • 7. Hernan Crespo: Parma to  Lazio – £35.5m (2000)
  • 8. Andy Carroll: Newcastle United to Liverpool – £35m (2011)
  • 9. David Villa: Valencia to Barcelona – £34.2m (2010)
  • 10. Gianluigi Buffon: Parma to Juventus – £32.6m (2001)

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

How did Andy Carroll ever fetch 35 million pounds?
roll.gif
Dude looks like a walking bust out there. No pace, poor control, brutal touch on the ball - a typically mechanical (and overrated) English footballer.
and to think Newcastle valued him at  $1 million prior to last season
laugh.gif

• 1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to  Real Madrid – £80m (2009)
  • 2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Inter Milan to Barcelona – £60.7m (2009)
  • 3. Kaka: AC Milan to Real Madrid – £56m (2009)
  • 4. Fernando Torres: Liverpool to Chelsea – £50m (2011)
  • 5. http://soccerlens.com/tags/general/players/zinedine-zidane/Zinedine Zidane: Juventus to Real Madrid – £45.62m (2001)
  • 6. Luis Figo: Barcelona to Real Madrid – £37m (2000)
  • 7. Hernan Crespo: Parma to  Lazio – £35.5m (2000)
  • 8. Andy Carroll: Newcastle United to Liverpool – £35m (2011)
  • 9. David Villa: Valencia to Barcelona – £34.2m (2010)
  • 10. Gianluigi Buffon: Parma to Juventus – £32.6m (2001)

<Laugh all you want but he's still scored more times than Torres.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Originally Posted by trunks206

laugh.gif
 @ all the people getting on Arsenal right now. It took an offside player to initiate an OG for Liverpool to break through a 10 man Arseal team with 2 youngsters at the back. Hop off and actually support your own teams.

After today's match I am 100% confident that if TV wasn't hurt all last year we win at least one trophy. He destroyed Carroll in the air and somewhat made a back 4 with Jenkinson and Miguel on either side of him into a pretty solid defensive line.Our real captain, even though he doesnt have the armband. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, not excusing our mediocre play but Liverpool isn't exactly at full strength either our most creative player at the moment didn't even come on until the 70th minute, our right back is out, and our captain is out until September. And Arsenal had questionable calls go in their favor too. The play where Arshavin clearly fouled Kelly in the box and passed it to a wide open RvP in front of goal. Thank God Pepe saved that or the match could've easily been swayed on that no call. 
I agree Vermaelen is a great player at the back but let's be honest Liverpool are better when we play the ball on the ground and not try to fire the ball in to Carroll 100 times a match. 

Enrique was man of the match for me. He totally shut Walcott down. He also made some good runs forward and got the ball into the pen area. He was a bargain at 6 million pounds. 
Vermaelen and Frimpong were inspiring today. Its a bummer that he got the red but it's apart of the learning experience. Vermaelen really shut down Carroll. In these two games and the CL game, the back line has shown promise. 
I still have faith in Wenger and the team. Have poor decisions been made? Yes. But all is not lost. A few more signings are coming.

Enrique locked Walcott down, but I thought Theo could have turned it up a bit.

For a bunch of players that don't start, they did good. 

Watching the U-20 game, Oscar scoring the 2nd goal....a nice play 

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

happy to see arsenal struggling this year.....its only gonna get worse for them too 

my respect for wenger's career stops me from enjoying this as much as others..but it is funny to see all my gunner friends right now since i just went through a summer

of nothing but banter about Barcelona and messi..."we beat the best team in the world, and possibly history..you lot just got embarrassed in front of the world" .....
grin.gif

If im honest though, i still think arsenal's got a better side than liverpool. i guess we have to wait till stevey gets back but right now a couple of right moves and the

gunners top 'pool if you ask me

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

wow at that goal by oscar in the u20 finals.. in extra time
30t6p3b.gif

So typical of Brazil, play like slugs for most of the game, get a late goal around the 90 mark to tie it up, go to extra time and win it 
mad.gif
  Portugal wasn't fit enough to go the whole 120 minutes, the game should have been theirs though .

DoubleJs07 wrote:
Soccer heads...why do defenders raise their hands after free kicks (when GK has the ball)?

alert referee of an off-sides OR the goalie has the ball on the floor in a crowd OR commanding team to push up and open up the field.  All i could think of right now.

Let me know when you guys win somethin or beat spurs or did you forget the beating you got at your stadium last year? COYS

The Telegraph writes: "Tottenham Hotspur target 10 deals in 10 days before transfer window closes." The newspaper claims Lassana Diarra and Emmanuel Adebayor will arrive, while Luka Modric, Wilson Palacios, Peter Crouch, Jermaine Jenas, Alan Hutton, Sebastien Bassong, David Bentley and Niko Kranjcar could depart.

pimp.gif
at Modric to Chelsea...
smile.gif

City certainly have the talent to win the Premier League. I still very much doubt that they have the mental toughness to win EPL though. They still keep on conceding goals when they take the lead. Bolton weren't that great today and the game still ended 3-2. If it was one of the upper class teams, they would've walked away with one point instead of three.

Back
Top Bottom