The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Soccer heads...why do defenders raise their hands after free kicks (when GK has the ball)?

prob looking for an offside call from the side judge  

What a sexy feed from Bosingwa to Malouda. Chelsea up 2-1
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

I can't believe we didn't sell Alex to Juventus, he's prone to these kind of mistakes, plus he's slow.
David Luiz will take over either way when he gets healthy.

Juan Mata rumored to be coming to the Bridge. With him and Sturridge on the wings, it should add some much needed width on the attack. Just need to bring in a CM now.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Juan Mata rumored to be coming to the Bridge. With him and Sturridge on the wings, it should add some much needed width on the attack. Just need to bring in a CM now.
Guillem Balague is reporting that Mata is almost signed, sealed and delivered. Also claiming that a source at Spurs (not Levy) is convinced that Modric will follow to Chelsea.

"It is claimed that Mata is currently being shown round Stamford Bridge. On the brink, this one."  - from ESPN Soccernet Transfer blog

Swag.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Mata and Modric are needed. Lets hope that Spurs let him go. See what Lukaku can do as well

I really want to loan out Lukaku, we have an excess of forwards, there's no way he's gonna get playing time behind Torres, Anelka, Drogba at least let him develop somewhere else.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Guillem Balague is reporting that Mata is almost signed, sealed and delivered. Also claiming that a source at Spurs (not Levy) is convinced that Modric will follow to Chelsea.

"It is claimed that Mata is currently being shown round Stamford Bridge. On the brink, this one."  - from ESPN Soccernet Transfer blog

Swag.
pimp.gif
guillem definitely knows his stuff so it looks like another one got away from arsene. damn i wonder who else is on his radar now. they cant compete with the squad they have at the moment, they desperately need veteran leadership among a host of other issues that need addressing. usually he can find a player that will bring in the goals (see adebayor when henry was on the way out). maybe gervinho will be that guy because to me van persie is a liability, and i havent seen enough of joel cambell to know if hes got that in him or not.

I don't even know who is out there besides Gary Cahill that we can sign.

Damn you Arsene, Mata would've been perfect.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Mata and Modric are needed. Lets hope that Spurs let him go. See what Lukaku can do as well

I really want to loan out Lukaku, we have an excess of forwards, there's no way he's gonna get playing time behind Torres, Anelka, Drogba at least let him develop somewhere else.
i want to get rid of Anelka.
laugh.gif

i mean its tough, because everybody wants arsene to splash the cash they've recieved from transfers. but at the same time, the business model they have at arsenal is probably the best in world football. i mean every other top club is taking on debt in order to be successful. with all the fair play implications, i think they stand to benefit the most. to do it the way arsenal have done it, i tip my hat to them. 

How did Andy Carroll ever fetch 35 million pounds?
roll.gif
Dude looks like a walking bust out there. No pace, poor control, brutal touch on the ball - a typically mechanical (and overrated) English footballer.

Shots literally fired in the stands during a Mexico League match between Santos and Morelia on Telefutura. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

Swag.
pimp.gif
guillem definitely knows his stuff so it looks like another one got away from arsene. damn i wonder who else is on his radar now. they cant compete with the squad they have at the moment, they desperately need veteran leadership among a host of other issues that need addressing. usually he can find a player that will bring in the goals (see adebayor when henry was on the way out). maybe gervinho will be that guy because to me van persie is a liability, and i havent seen enough of joel cambell to know if hes got that in him or not.
They've needed a goalkeeper since seemingly forever. They need a CB even though Wenger doesn't think that they need another, which is ******ed. Mertesacker would've been a huge pickup for them. Just a lot of issues with that team, they have to start by getting rid of Arsene.

terrible incident at the monarcas and santos game. i guess someone went around shooting. i dont know too many details but that doesnt belong in football or anywhere else for that matter.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

Did anyone else catch this? 

I was 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yea I saw it, Saurez grabbed his hand to put his finger down
As for Arsenal, one can't but help to question their trying with all these injuries

laugh.gif
 @ all the people getting on Arsenal right now. It took an offside player to initiate an OG for Liverpool to break through a 10 man Arseal team with 2 youngsters at the back. Hop off and actually support your own teams.

After today's match I am 100% confident that if TV wasn't hurt all last year we win at least one trophy. He destroyed Carroll in the air and somewhat made a back 4 with Jenkinson and Miguel on either side of him into a pretty solid defensive line.Our real captain, even though he doesnt have the armband. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

laugh.gif
 @ all the people getting on Arsenal right now. It took an offside player to initiate an OG for Liverpool to break through a 10 man Arseal team with 2 youngsters at the back. Hop off and actually support your own teams.
for real

Back
Top Bottom