The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

What a game! Last season it was obvious that these two were the #1 and #2 teams in Europe, now it's even more obvious. Man, it's going to be one brutal fight for the #1 spot in La Liga this season. Keep in mind that Real were missing their new signing Sahin, a great player who just might give them the edge over Barca in some games.

Just caught the Real vs Barca Highlights

I seriously hate David Villa. They should have let Ozil loose on him. Dude is a punk

But Messi again proving he is the best in the world. Marcelo again proving he is dirty lol.

Great game though despite the end. I personally love this it makes the rivalry really boil. I also hate to say it....but i love Jose lol. Dude straight walks into the pile....pokes the Barca assistant in the eye walks out and hits him with the "Feels Good Man" face after he gets pushed and turns around.

Like a BAWSE

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Maureen really pulled a classless move, the game got out of hand and it is clear Marcelo
is a complete thug at times. He's had multiple times in the past year where he makes tackles
that show no respect at all for the opposition.
tumblr_lq3fe2NFUv1qgw1imo1_400.gif

Europa League playoff tomorrow
ohwell.gif
Interesting to see what lineup Spurs uses since we had
the week off and don't play Manure til Monday.

The Adebayor situation is very interesting, it makes no sense why City would basically finance
his contract and loan him to us considering we should still be viewed as at least a slight threat
to their ambitions to finish in the top 4. But as it is made apparent by their rumored actions
City feel that loaning Adebayor to us will help their title chances in the sense that we have a
much better opportunity at taking points off United, Chelsea, etc. But if this was their true opinion
then why wouldn't they have hurried the deal up so that he could have been ready for Man United
on Monday? Honestly even if Adebayor is only official by Friday I would take him as a lone striker
over anyone else Spurs has. Adebayor fits Spurs perfectly in his style of play and if we had a striker
like him last season there is no doubt that we finish top 4. Would love to see another great celebration
against Arsenal. Sorry for the very obvious information its just been a little frustrating with all the rumors.

Lastly if the Adebayor deal doesn't get done and we have to sign some last minute striker that doesn't
really improve our chances its a stupid mistake by Levy and Redknapp because I don't honestly
think Liverpool is a top 4 side yet compared to past years, Arsenal is at an all time low even if they get
new players it will take time for them to adapt, and there's a possibility Chelsea struggles early with a
new manager. So the only true top 4 locks are United and City. Also what Redknapp said about Modric
was just
sick.gif
why would he not back up his boss in public....

Sorry for the long post
Cliffs--- Outside of City and United top 4 sides seem weaker this season
          --- Adebayor deal for Spurs has to get done for us to even threaten top 6
          --- Marcelo needs to be suspended for at least 7 or 8 matches

LOL at that Mourinho .gif.

Agreed, Tottenham could really use a striker of Adebayor's caliber. Needless to say, they need to settle the Modric situation ASAP. Despite Modric being a quality midfielder that is a rare breed in football's current day and age, they can get a ton of value for him. Chelsea offering 27M + Kalou AND Benayoun. Kalou has never really been given a full chance and if Benayoun can pull off what he did with Liverpool a few years ago, that's a hell of a deal. Don't forget the 27M that can go into purchasing another quality player. As a Chelsea fan, I'm just waiting for Levy to pull his head out of his #$% and make the deal however I can understand his reluctance after the Berbatov deal a few years back.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i cant catch any europa league games on direct tv can i
nerd.gif
Should have the majority of group games and knockout rounds. But not the qualifying rounds if I'm not mistaken

I still dont know how some of yall like mourinhoes dirty play..

cant even look at a mans eyes, straight soft.

2011-08-14T201222Z_01_ACO02_RTRIDSP_3_SOCCER-SPAIN.jpg

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Mourinho is a good tactician and motivator, but at the end of the day, he's a classless clown.

He used to be. Dude is losing his aura.

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Mourinho is a good tactician and motivator, but at the end of the day, he's a classless clown.

He used to be. Dude is losing his aura.
I think he played Barca pretty well over the last two legs and he is coming off the League Cup win over them as well from last year.

He's a perfect villain for Barca and he really has been the only thorn in their side for the last 3-4 years.  Obviously Barca keeps winning most of the silverware but there's no one else out there that can give them the challenge.  He's the only one with formidable game plans against them dating back to Chelsea and Inter.

Barca as a whole is just too consistent to be derailed by his troll techniques.  You can say that he baits opposing players into hard fouls and getting cards but its not like Barca does n`t do the same non-sense.

Lukaku is officially at chelsea for real this time
and Falcao signs for Atletico Madrid for around £35 million

why exactly is the la liga season gonna start late?

Arsène Wenger on the team news ahead of Saturday’s home match against Liverpool:

on Kieran Gibbs and Johan Djourou after Tuesday’s match...
Kieran Gibbs has a small hamstring strain and will miss the match on Saturday. Johan Djourou has a chance to be fit for Saturday. Johan had a test today which looked quite positive, so we are hopeful. Johan has a minor hamstring strain. Kieran should be out for 10-12 days.

on Jack Wilshere’s steady improvement...
Jack is getting better by the day. He will not be ready for Saturday, but we have had good signs with him and that is very important.

on Tomas Rosicky and Armand Traore...
Both Tomas and Armand are doubtful for the match on Saturday. We will make a late decision on both of them. Rosicky has a slight thigh problem and Traore has a slight groin problem.

on Theo Walcott having no side-effects from his ankle injury...
Theo has done well. We worked very hard on getting Theo fit for Tuesday’s match and I think it was the right decision to start him. We did not want to play Theo earlier, as he had not played in three weeks. But he had a good start and a good game on Tuesday, so we’re pleased.

on Thomas Vermaelen seeming to be over his back injury...
Thomas is perfectly alright. We are very happy. We worked hard with Thomas and he has reacted very well. Basically, Thomas has not played for a year and so to come back in and play straight away two games in three days of that intensity is very pleasing.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Lukaku is officially at chelsea for real this time
and Falcao signs for Atletico Madrid for around £35 million

why exactly is the la liga season gonna start late?

I love Falcao's game but 35M pounds?!?! Slightly overpaid, no? Or am I in the minority?

^ Certainly a hefty price tag, but Falcao is a clinical finisher and I believe he'll earn every penny. Not exactly thrilled to see him go against my Blancos. 
I'm surprised Chelsea didn't make a stronger push for Falcao given the relation to AVB. I know they have an abundance of strikers at Stamford Bridge, but Anelka and Kalou could/should have been moved in the current transfer window. 

Supposedly Inter wants a Forlan transfer or Tevez on loan. 

FFUUUUUU!!!!! the best mls defender, George John, looks like is being bought by blackburn..

there goes our MLS cup, hopefully these Landon and Everton rumors are true.

John's agent, earlier today.
"MLS is considering it, and are likely to accept."

"It's far from done, but it's better than 50-50"
edit: as for Dallas, yall are still a problem. Not sure what the depth is like at CB after Ihemelu but at least you have the luxury of two good/great CBs by league standards.

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Damn Roma lost, well see how it goes at home. This is not looking good!

Ehh it's Europa League
grin.gif
As great as Tottenham looked, even the youngsters it was against
a side who honestly provided less than what a League 1 side would have provided.

The bigger clubs for the most part shouldn't take this competition too seriously until later rounds,
just use it for fringe and young players.

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOoooo
falcao is gone. i am a big FC porto fan, falcao+hulk=killa season. but its ok for 35 milly we can get someone else lol. 

tevez to inter i dont see that panning out too well, though forlan to inter might be a good move, team him up with sneijder on the attack. though i still dont think they will be able to top AC milan in the serie a

i also have heard rumors (dont know how true) that neymar is linked to juventus, juvi NEEDS a player like neymar desperately. any other news on neymar or ganso? i read somthing about rivaldo saying that they need to +**% of brazil and into europe so they can prepare for the '14 cup. which i think is true. 

did chelsea sign lukaku? lukaku and drogba playing together will be cool 

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

^ Certainly a hefty price tag, but Falcao is a clinical finisher and I believe he'll earn every penny. Not exactly thrilled to see him go against my Blancos. 
I'm surprised Chelsea didn't make a stronger push for Falcao given the relation to AVB. I know they have an abundance of strikers at Stamford Bridge, but Anelka and Kalou could/should have been moved in the current transfer window. 

Supposedly Inter wants a Forlan transfer or Tevez on loan. 
I would've loved to see Falcao in a Chelsea kit but like you said, way too many strikers, let alone forwards on this squad. I'm desperate for a creative playmaker in the midfield, Modric would be perfect but it sounds like Tottenham is holding onto him. Juan Mata would make a lot of sense too, as long as the price is right. I want to get rid of all the excess depth though before hand. I love Anelka but realistically speaking, if AVB is keen on developing Lukaku, there's no way he fits. Kalou (who deserves a chance) and/or Benayoun leaving would create less clutter in the midfield too.

/\ if thats the case see ya benayoun... such a hot or miss player and i jus never really liked his game (big lack of physicality)

Back
Top Bottom