The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Good away win to Arsenal, definitely a game we would've ended up tying last year, or even earlier this year for that matter.

As for Wenger leaving I don't know about that, apparently the PSG owners tried to scoop him up but he turned them down saying he didn't believe in their philosophy.

City vs Newcastle should be a good one.

laugh.gif
@ Mario's "celebration"
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT ~ And there go the floodgates...

Cologne's Bundesliga match with Mainz on Saturday was postponed after the referee was found to have attempted suicide.

- Huntelaar sends Schalke third

Babak Rafati was found in his hotel room ahead of the game in a state of distress.

Cologne's official website revealed the match was called off because the referee due to officiate was not able to take charge of the contest. The statement added: "A replacement is not available in the short-term."

Bild newspaper quoted Cologne's chairman Claus Horstmann as saying that "he (Rafati) is alive".

At a hastily arranged press conference, Cologne's director of sport Volker Finke explained that the game had been called off "due to an accident".

"It is only considerate and correct that we do not go into details. The rest will be taken care of by the media department of the DFB (German Football Association) and DFL (German Football League)," he said.

"All we can confirm is that the game will not take place due to an accident.

"It was not a decision by Cologne and Mainz and I cannot reveal any further details."

Whoa...Iranian-German ref attempted suicide before a match.

Gotze! Great game going between the last two champions.

Bayern seems to be missing direction in the final third. Muller is a fantastic player, but they clearly miss Sweinsteiger in that hole position.

Great win for Dortmund.

From what I saw, Swansea deserved to get something against Utd.

Yeah, Swansea played well... at the same time, Utd did not look good. Execution in the final 1/3 of the pitch was poor.

Meanwhile, City are playing with so much confidence...
30t6p3b.gif

Title is their's to lose...
30t6p3b.gif

Looks like real is gunna need a little more individual brilliance from their 3 attackers rather than team play to put up goals. Is kaka on the bench? Cuz I can definitely see lass or khedira being taken out later in the match for him if we need a goal.

Valencia deserved better; they dominated that second half. Oh well, Barca will simply have to put Real in their place themselves.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Valencia deserved better; they dominated that second half. Oh well, Barca will simply have to put Real in their place themselves.
Yes, Barfa fans determine how much a team is dominating by the amount of yellow cards they can draw. In this case, it was 6 of them in the second half. Bravo, bravo, says abovelegit!

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Yes, Barfa fans determine how much a team is dominating by the amount of yellow cards they can draw. In this case, it was 6 of them in the second half. Bravo, bravo, says abovelegit!

roll.gif
They dominated that second half however you want to look at it; possession, shots, shots on target, corners earned, fouls drawn, etc., and that Ronaldo goal was clearly against the run of play. Of course, I wouldn't ever expect a fan of Real Madrid to give the opponent credit. Glad you noticed the yellow cards; as always, leave it to Madrid to ugly up the football. 

"Barfa" was quite witty, though. Did you come up with that one yourself?

roll.gif
They dominated that second half however you want to look at it; possession, shots, shots on target, corners earned, fouls drawn, etc., and that Ronaldo goal was clearly against the run of play. Of course, I wouldn't ever expect a fan of Real Madrid to give the opponent credit. Glad you noticed the yellow cards; as always, leave it to Madrid to ugly up the football. 

You're kinda becoming a Barca stan, which is unfortunate given that you're pretty knowledgable on the game. And this is coming from someone with no dog in this fight. 
So Madrid goes to Valencia, who is 3rd in the league right now, picks up all three points, and you say Barca needs to "put them in their place," then go at a Madrid fan for not giving Valencia credit? See the irony here? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

roll.gif

You're kinda becoming a Barca stan, which is unfortunate given that you're pretty knowledgable on the game. And this is coming from someone with no dog in this fight. 
So Madrid goes to Valencia, who is 3rd in the league right now, picks up all three points, and you say Barca needs to "put them in their place," then go at a Madrid fan for not giving Valencia credit? See the irony here? 
laugh.gif
I mean I was disappointed at the result, hence my "put them in their place" comment, but a draw would have been fair - at the very least. Surely what I said wasn't as irritating a comment as the previous "EAT +!%+" and "GODNALDO!" that you felt you had to address it. And I'm not sure why you're upset I show my bias towards Barca anyway; I've never pretended to be anything other than a supporter. 

Credit to Iker; incredible save there at the end. But from the way they played, Real didn't deserve to win outright, and i'll stick to that assertion. 

Back
Top Bottom