The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by Demps

^
reports are saying its Iniesta.

Yeah it always goes to World Cup champion in a world cup year.  Remember '06 when Cannavaro won
sick.gif
.  I am sorry he was not the best player in the world in 2006.
That doesn't settle this, Xavi also plays for Spain.
But unfortunately I think the fact that Iniesta scored the winner in the Final will make him the winner. Strong image. 

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by Demps

^
reports are saying its Iniesta.

Yeah it always goes to World Cup champion in a world cup year.  Remember '06 when Cannavaro won
sick.gif
.  I am sorry he was not the best player in the world in 2006.
That doesn't settle this, Xavi also plays for Spain.
But unfortunately I think the fact that Iniesta scored the winner in the Final will make him the winner. Strong image. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

i hate this guy but
sick.gif
sick.gif
�he crushed that ball. Good lord.
Every once in a while this prick does something like this to remind us what he could have been.�

Once in a while? I guess you haven't seen his even harder kick against Auxerre in Champions League two weeks ago:

Or his bicycle kick goal from a couple of weeks ago as well, posted earlier in this thread? Are you watching him play this season? Dude's been a match winner for Milan like 4 times so far. Milan look very strong and are the favorites to take Seria A, but should they somehow pull through and take Champions League as well, you best believe Zlatan's getting the Ballon.

"Could've been"? As opposed to what he actually is? People keep hating on Zlatan, but check his resumé. Barca did him dirty, and he's proving it with his phenomenal play this season. He goes out and scores a goal for for Barca in first 6 games he plays, but as soon as he hits a tiny slump he gets put on the bench. Still, his season with Barca isn't nearly as bad as it's portrayed and he played a major role in them winning a title last year because of his 3-point clinching goal in El Classico alone.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

i hate this guy but
sick.gif
sick.gif
�he crushed that ball. Good lord.
Every once in a while this prick does something like this to remind us what he could have been.�

Once in a while? I guess you haven't seen his even harder kick against Auxerre in Champions League two weeks ago:

Or his bicycle kick goal from a couple of weeks ago as well, posted earlier in this thread? Are you watching him play this season? Dude's been a match winner for Milan like 4 times so far. Milan look very strong and are the favorites to take Seria A, but should they somehow pull through and take Champions League as well, you best believe Zlatan's getting the Ballon.

"Could've been"? As opposed to what he actually is? People keep hating on Zlatan, but check his resumé. Barca did him dirty, and he's proving it with his phenomenal play this season. He goes out and scores a goal for for Barca in first 6 games he plays, but as soon as he hits a tiny slump he gets put on the bench. Still, his season with Barca isn't nearly as bad as it's portrayed and he played a major role in them winning a title last year because of his 3-point clinching goal in El Classico alone.

Ibrahimovic was definitely done dirty by Guardiola but at the same time its clear he wasnt a natural fit for Barca's system. You look at Eto'o before and Villa now and both these guys are versatile CFs who can drift wide and swap positions with teammates for extended periods of play. This season we've seen Villa play in front of Messi, next to Messi, to the left of Messi, etc. We even saw how versatile Villa was at the WC where he played LF, SS as well as CF. Then we all know what Eto'os done in recent years. He's played CF but also shown us he can play on the wings. Ibrahimovic is an excellent CF but drifting around is not part of his game and as a result he did not fit in that well with Barca. I thought it was a mistake from the get go to get rid of Eto'o and to replace him with a different type of player in Ibrahimovic however Barca have since brought in Villa who fits in perfectly.

I think this has been Ibrahimovic's best season of his career so far. This AC Milan team isnt that great but he's been carrying them and he's actually shown up in the CL as well.

Talent has never been an issue with him...it's just that he's an arrogant douche bag who has often times disappeared when its mattered most. So far this season he's been clutch.

As for WPOY...it looks like Iniesta will get it although I think Xavi had the better season overall and I know that Messi is the best in the world. Oh well, Messi will win multiple WPOYs when its all said and done.

Ibrahimovic was definitely done dirty by Guardiola but at the same time its clear he wasnt a natural fit for Barca's system. You look at Eto'o before and Villa now and both these guys are versatile CFs who can drift wide and swap positions with teammates for extended periods of play. This season we've seen Villa play in front of Messi, next to Messi, to the left of Messi, etc. We even saw how versatile Villa was at the WC where he played LF, SS as well as CF. Then we all know what Eto'os done in recent years. He's played CF but also shown us he can play on the wings. Ibrahimovic is an excellent CF but drifting around is not part of his game and as a result he did not fit in that well with Barca. I thought it was a mistake from the get go to get rid of Eto'o and to replace him with a different type of player in Ibrahimovic however Barca have since brought in Villa who fits in perfectly.

I think this has been Ibrahimovic's best season of his career so far. This AC Milan team isnt that great but he's been carrying them and he's actually shown up in the CL as well.

Talent has never been an issue with him...it's just that he's an arrogant douche bag who has often times disappeared when its mattered most. So far this season he's been clutch.

As for WPOY...it looks like Iniesta will get it although I think Xavi had the better season overall and I know that Messi is the best in the world. Oh well, Messi will win multiple WPOYs when its all said and done.

I'll admit I haven't been keeping up with him this year, so my statement may have been somewhat uninformed. But if you don't think he was dogging it at Barca at some points you're nuts. System problems or not.

Still not a huge fan of his, although I love the things he does.

I'll admit I haven't been keeping up with him this year, so my statement may have been somewhat uninformed. But if you don't think he was dogging it at Barca at some points you're nuts. System problems or not.

Still not a huge fan of his, although I love the things he does.

As much as I don't like Ibra, and I do think he has a tendency to disappear in big games, he is still a top center forward in the world.
Last year was an off year from him, he didnt seem to fit the Barca system. I think he is showing this year that he's back to his form from his last 2 years at Inter when he was dominant. 

As much as I don't like Ibra, and I do think he has a tendency to disappear in big games, he is still a top center forward in the world.
Last year was an off year from him, he didnt seem to fit the Barca system. I think he is showing this year that he's back to his form from his last 2 years at Inter when he was dominant. 

Originally Posted by JJUVE

He had a very good domestic season for Inter in 08/09 but was useless in the CL. Coming into this season he only managed 1-2 good CL campaigns but so far he's been playing well both domestically and in Europe.

He had a very good domestic season for Inter in 08/09 but was useless in the CL. Coming into this season he only managed 1-2 good CL campaigns but so far he's been playing well both domestically and in Europe.

As much as I don't like Ibra, and I do think he has a tendency to disappear in big games,

This is a myth by people who probably only watch Champions League. He scored the only two goals in two biggest games of the season these last two seasons: Against Inter some weeks ago and against Real Madrid last season.

As much as I don't like Ibra, and I do think he has a tendency to disappear in big games,

This is a myth by people who probably only watch Champions League. He scored the only two goals in two biggest games of the season these last two seasons: Against Inter some weeks ago and against Real Madrid last season.

#@*% Anderson makes my blood boil. I might have said that once or twice before...

#@*% Anderson makes my blood boil. I might have said that once or twice before...

this spurs game is ridiculous, an own goal which was pretty funny,  the weirdest PK i ever seen, and now someone got yellow carded for getting injured?, i wont be surprised if the spurs lose this on some BS

this spurs game is ridiculous, an own goal which was pretty funny,  the weirdest PK i ever seen, and now someone got yellow carded for getting injured?, i wont be surprised if the spurs lose this on some BS

*&$%$... first goal conceded in the group stage.
30t6p3b.gif

Rooney's looking sharp though...

*&$%$... first goal conceded in the group stage.
30t6p3b.gif

Rooney's looking sharp though...

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Actually the Italian Serie A is the only league I really follow, and I follow it very closely. And when I say he disappears in big games, the Champions League is exactly what I mean. 
Trust me, I know Ibra comes to play in big domestic games, I was cursing at my t.v. a couple of seasons ago when he came off the bench in Parma in the fog to score the Scudetto winning goal during the last game of the year (after inter had almost collapsed and giving the title to Roma).

I'll admit, I dont get to see much of the La Liga so I forgot he scored a match winner against Real last year, but it just seems to me when he was at his top form with Inter 2-3 years ago he was great in Italy but didnt do much in the CL. And as much as it may suck for him, until he breaks out in a big game in the CL, hes going to have a reputation as a guy who falls off on the european stage. Plus the fact that he is Swedish and doesn't have the advantage of playing for a big time national team, hes not going to have the chance to prove people wrong in a big time international competition, so until he does it in the CL hes going to be labeled that way.

Actually the Italian Serie A is the only league I really follow, and I follow it very closely. And when I say he disappears in big games, the Champions League is exactly what I mean. 
Trust me, I know Ibra comes to play in big domestic games, I was cursing at my t.v. a couple of seasons ago when he came off the bench in Parma in the fog to score the Scudetto winning goal during the last game of the year (after inter had almost collapsed and giving the title to Roma).

I'll admit, I dont get to see much of the La Liga so I forgot he scored a match winner against Real last year, but it just seems to me when he was at his top form with Inter 2-3 years ago he was great in Italy but didnt do much in the CL. And as much as it may suck for him, until he breaks out in a big game in the CL, hes going to have a reputation as a guy who falls off on the european stage. Plus the fact that he is Swedish and doesn't have the advantage of playing for a big time national team, hes not going to have the chance to prove people wrong in a big time international competition, so until he does it in the CL hes going to be labeled that way.

And as much as it may suck for him, until he breaks out in a big game in the CL, hes going to have a reputation as a guy who falls off on the european stage.

Sums him up. And how is it a myth X? The guy never played well in the big KO stage matches. But who knows maybe he finally sheds that reputation this year.

Anyways, praying that Inter gets Schalke or Shaktar with this pathetic state they are in, but knowing UEFA they will draw RM or Barca.

And as much as it may suck for him, until he breaks out in a big game in the CL, hes going to have a reputation as a guy who falls off on the european stage.

Sums him up. And how is it a myth X? The guy never played well in the big KO stage matches. But who knows maybe he finally sheds that reputation this year.

Anyways, praying that Inter gets Schalke or Shaktar with this pathetic state they are in, but knowing UEFA they will draw RM or Barca.

It was a PK goal though.
laugh.gif

Ibrahimovic's reputation isnt without some basis behind it. The guy has usually struggled in big matches and during the CL.

As poor as Inter is right now and as much as I dislike Benitez, I think it'd be a mistake to under-estimate them in the 2nd round. No, they probably arent going to repeat but we all know about Benitez's track record in this competition. If Inter fall further out of the domestic title race in January then you best believe Benitez will do what he did with Liverpool which is put all his eggs in one basket and try to win a European title
laugh.gif
. Plus, Inter will be healthier next month and there is a good chance they sign some new players so they should be better off next month. They should atleast get to the QFs as long as they avoid Real or Barca.

Back
Top Bottom