The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by JJUVE

As much as I don't like Ibra, and I do think he has a tendency to disappear in big games,

This is a myth by people who probably only watch Champions League. He scored the only two goals in two biggest games of the season these last two seasons: Against Inter some weeks ago and against Real Madrid last season.
It was a PK goal though.
laugh.gif

Ibrahimovic's reputation isnt without some basis behind it. The guy has usually struggled in big matches and during the CL.

As poor as Inter is right now and as much as I dislike Benitez, I think it'd be a mistake to under-estimate them in the 2nd round. No, they probably arent going to repeat but we all know about Benitez's track record in this competition. If Inter fall further out of the domestic title race in January then you best believe Benitez will do what he did with Liverpool which is put all his eggs in one basket and try to win a European title
laugh.gif
. Plus, Inter will be healthier next month and there is a good chance they sign some new players so they should be better off next month. They should atleast get to the QFs as long as they avoid Real or Barca.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

As much as I don't like Ibra, and I do think he has a tendency to disappear in big games,

This is a myth by people who probably only watch Champions League. He scored the only two goals in two biggest games of the season these last two seasons: Against Inter some weeks ago and against Real Madrid last season.
It was a PK goal though.
laugh.gif

From a penalty that he himself forced.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
In a game where he was rated as the man of the match.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

It was a PK goal though.
laugh.gif

From a penalty that he himself forced.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
In a game where he was rated as the man of the match.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

looking forward to todays matches. obviously i think arsenal shoudl pull it out but its ridiculous it has come to this

looking forward to todays matches. obviously i think arsenal shoudl pull it out but its ridiculous it has come to this

1-0 up and lets finish these dudes off early. We got a big game on Monday. Also let's go Braga I want to win this group so we can hopefully avoid some big boys in the next round.

1-0 up and lets finish these dudes off early. We got a big game on Monday. Also let's go Braga I want to win this group so we can hopefully avoid some big boys in the next round.

^ We're playing like they should just roll over, but Partizan is playing pretty well. We need a much stronger sense of urgency. 

Lets go!

^ We're playing like they should just roll over, but Partizan is playing pretty well. We need a much stronger sense of urgency. 

Lets go!

I'm very disappointed with Arsenal's play so far. At home vs. the worst team in the group with a strong line-up and yet we've been mediocre at this point. Our central midfield duo have not made their mark on the match (Denilson has been poor) and our central defence looks shaky (Especially Koscielny). I was expecting us to win this match 4 or 5-0.

We should win this match easily but I'm concerned with our weaknesses in CM and CB going forward. Squillaci has been alright but Koscielny has been crap...I cant say that either have been better than Gallas. We really need Vermalen back.

As for CM, Diaby and Denilson are trash while Wilshere is still young. I dont know whats wrong with Alex Song who has been tactically indisciplined for much of the season. Last season he was a rock in the middle of the pitch but he's roamed forward way too much this year.

Oh yeah, it took Wenger like 7 minutes to replace Gibbs. I dont know what it is with Wenger and thinking that players can perform while injured. Gibbs was stretchered off and limping for over 5 minutes and yet Wenger thought he could continue.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm very disappointed with Arsenal's play so far. At home vs. the worst team in the group with a strong line-up and yet we've been mediocre at this point. Our central midfield duo have not made their mark on the match (Denilson has been poor) and our central defence looks shaky (Especially Koscielny). I was expecting us to win this match 4 or 5-0.

We should win this match easily but I'm concerned with our weaknesses in CM and CB going forward. Squillaci has been alright but Koscielny has been crap...I cant say that either have been better than Gallas. We really need Vermalen back.

As for CM, Diaby and Denilson are trash while Wilshere is still young. I dont know whats wrong with Alex Song who has been tactically indisciplined for much of the season. Last season he was a rock in the middle of the pitch but he's roamed forward way too much this year.

Oh yeah, it took Wenger like 7 minutes to replace Gibbs. I dont know what it is with Wenger and thinking that players can perform while injured. Gibbs was stretchered off and limping for over 5 minutes and yet Wenger thought he could continue.
30t6p3b.gif

There you go...Arsenal's swiss cheese defending hurts them again. What the #@#% were Kos and Squillaci doing?

There you go...Arsenal's swiss cheese defending hurts them again. What the #@#% were Kos and Squillaci doing?

Back
Top Bottom