The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Real Madrid and Barcelona are locked in an arms race to one up each other for Champions League ambition. The feeling is that they'll probably meet again in Europe. The problem is that it's accelerating the sporting decisions of both clubs in my opinion.

I feel that Cesc Fabregas isn't needed by Barcelona at all. 40m+ for a player with no starting place is strange. Unless, the idea is that the transfer will change the proven blueprint. I just don't think he cracks the starting XI in a "one game scenario" at all. Iniesta can play on the wing but he is best in the middle of the park. Xavi is an absolute lock and Busquets cemented the faith Guardiola had in him. They weren't going to ship Yaya Toure out for the player to be relegated to bench duty. It's just difficult to understand 40m for midfield depth purposes when the primary concern should be a legitimate forward and centreback. Rossi is quoted at 35m and would warrant a starting place. Sanchez is at least 30m. Aguero is supposedly clause only, 45 but Catalan papers say Guardiola has no interest in him and prefers a more supportive forward type of player.

It's impossible to debate against Sergio Aguero and Neymar being good players. People tend to forget how young Kun still is. You can debate whether or not Real Madrid need either of these players. As stated before, Benzema and Higuain are untouchable. Mourinho confirmed this. Logic would have Kaka' being on his way out but everything we've heard from Spanish sources affirms his stay. He will be a substitute though. No denying that. Adebayor is the only forward that isn't on roster although he still interests the team/Mou and rightfully so. The club wants him but not at the 15m purchase option, probably half of that but I don't see it happening if Aguero or Neymar come in. Shame because Ade proved to offer a different dimension, was willing to share playing time and was just a overall model teammate during his stay in the Bernabeu. Cheers to him.

Sahin was the most important acquisition in my opinion. It was probably the most glaring need. I would have gone after a versatile defender or right full back after that. If Lassana Diarra leaves, he'll have to be directly replaced. Yann M'Vila sounded interesting but apparently Rennes has no interest in sale. Mou would probably opt for a Thiago Motta type of purchase in this role thus the recent names have been Felipe Melo, Mohamed Sissoko of Juventus.

Valencia are making some nice moves. Nothing that would put them in the spectrum of top two but nice little additions such as Diego Alves, Adil Rami, Dani Parejo.

Will say again, Malaga will prove to be a very interesting project.

By the way, I'd like to have more football enthusiasts on twitter, so feel free to hit me up on there: @xblaze23. I'll follow you back.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

By the way, I'd like to have more football enthusiasts on twitter, so feel free to hit me up on there: @xblaze23. I'll follow you back.

already following you but incase theres more @PeeAyeTee_

already following you but incase theres more @PeeAyeTee_

yeah, we're definitely on there. You hooked me up with Torres on Ult team and we've spoken about United before
pimp.gif

yeah, we're definitely on there. You hooked me up with Torres on Ult team and we've spoken about United before
pimp.gif

Some thoughts on Fabregas:

Cesc isn't needed per say, but unless you're filling a giant hole on the team, I'm not sure how you make a stronger signing. Xavi is getting older, and will need rest considering the number of competitions Barcelona will play in next season. Besides, if he gets injured we're screwed. Not only is he a perfect fit with the team in terms of his skill-set, but he's a natural successor to Xavi in the middle of the park. Yeah, he's going to cost ~40m (depending on if it's a player-package deal), but if you wait two or so seasons he'll be closer to the height of his powers and will be significantly more expensive. He's already one of the three or four best CMs in the world so of course it would make the team better. All indications that he wants to be in Barcelona and hopefully it happens this summer. Sorry, Gooners.

Playing Cesc on the A-team wouldn't be impossible in theory:

Alves - Pique - Puyol - Abidal

Busquets

Xavi - FABREGAS

Messi/Pedro - Villa/Messi- Iniesta

Pedro/Villa would be relegated to the bench depending on form, but Iniesta could easily play up front as he has on multiple occasions, it's not like it matters. As Vidic said after the final, Barca doesn't really play with a striker.

As for Real, signing Neymar would be quite the coup. His pace and ability would work wonders, especially when Madrid plays Barca, and they need to quickly create a scoring chance out of nothing in the counter. A Di Maria-Neymar-Ronaldo led attack would be ridiculously dynamic. 

Cesc isn't needed per say, but unless you're filling a giant hole on the team, I'm not sure how you make a stronger signing. Xavi is getting older, and will need rest considering the number of competitions Barcelona will play in next season. Besides, if he gets injured we're screwed. Not only is he a perfect fit with the team in terms of his skill-set, but he's a natural successor to Xavi in the middle of the park. Yeah, he's going to cost ~40m (depending on if it's a player-package deal), but if you wait two or so seasons he'll be closer to the height of his powers and will be significantly more expensive. He's already one of the three or four best CMs in the world so of course it would make the team better. All indications that he wants to be in Barcelona and hopefully it happens this summer. Sorry, Gooners.

Playing Cesc on the A-team wouldn't be impossible in theory:

Alves - Pique - Puyol - Abidal

Busquets

Xavi - FABREGAS

Messi/Pedro - Villa/Messi- Iniesta

Pedro/Villa would be relegated to the bench depending on form, but Iniesta could easily play up front as he has on multiple occasions, it's not like it matters. As Vidic said after the final, Barca doesn't really play with a striker.

As for Real, signing Neymar would be quite the coup. His pace and ability would work wonders, especially when Madrid plays Barca, and they need to quickly create a scoring chance out of nothing in the counter. A Di Maria-Neymar-Ronaldo led attack would be ridiculously dynamic. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Cesc isn't needed per say, but unless you're filling a giant hole on the team, I'm not sure how you make a stronger signing. Xavi is getting older, and will need rest considering the number of competitions Barcelona will play in next season. Besides, if he gets injured we're screwed. Not only is he a perfect fit with the team in terms of his skill-set, but he's a natural successor to Xavi in the middle of the park. 

Agreed. I think Barcelona is thinking long term; signing early the successor to Xavi in the middle of the park. Signing Fabregras as this stage would allow for both Xavi and Iniesta to "mentor" him and help him reach his full potential. With that being said, I still think Barcelona should look for reinforce their defensive line. When healthy our defensive line is solid but the problem is having injuries and NOT having reliable substitutions. 
Going along with what abovelegit1 said, such combination leading the attack, would be 
sick.gif
. Just another reason why Barcelona should solidify their defensive line. If Madrid is already beating teams with a goal difference of 2 or more, having Neymar would be ridiculous 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Cesc isn't needed per say, but unless you're filling a giant hole on the team, I'm not sure how you make a stronger signing. Xavi is getting older, and will need rest considering the number of competitions Barcelona will play in next season. Besides, if he gets injured we're screwed. Not only is he a perfect fit with the team in terms of his skill-set, but he's a natural successor to Xavi in the middle of the park. 

Agreed. I think Barcelona is thinking long term; signing early the successor to Xavi in the middle of the park. Signing Fabregras as this stage would allow for both Xavi and Iniesta to "mentor" him and help him reach his full potential. With that being said, I still think Barcelona should look for reinforce their defensive line. When healthy our defensive line is solid but the problem is having injuries and NOT having reliable substitutions. 
Going along with what abovelegit1 said, such combination leading the attack, would be 
sick.gif
. Just another reason why Barcelona should solidify their defensive line. If Madrid is already beating teams with a goal difference of 2 or more, having Neymar would be ridiculous 
eek.gif

Ozil Fabregas is absolutely untouchable. That's just filler to sell papers on slow days.

Fixed to shut up all this Cesc to Barca nonsense.

Just to reiterate this...

Arsenal Football Club have today released the following statement about Cesc Fabregas:

"Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is under contract with the Club until the summer of 2015. He is a highly-valued member of the team and part of our future plans.

"We have followed recent speculation linking Cesc with a move away from the Club but as there has never been any official approach for him, only two informal exchanges, in which we made it abundantly clear that we have no interest in transferring Cesc, we have refrained from publicly passing comment. However, yesterday evening we received an offer from Barcelona for Cesc and in response, we immediately and resolutely told them once again that we have no intention of selling our captain.

"To be clear, we will not make any kind of counterproposal or enter into any discussion. Barcelona have publicly stated that they will respect our position and we expect that they will keep their word."

http://www.arsenal.com/ne...barca-offer-for-fabregas

Yes this was from last year but Arsenal is quite clean on our intentions with Cesc so please stop looking into reports from madeuprumors.co.uk
Nothing has changed on our stance.

*Edit* Here is an interview from 2 months ago making our intentions pretty clear again.

Ozil Fabregas is absolutely untouchable. That's just filler to sell papers on slow days.

Fixed to shut up all this Cesc to Barca nonsense.

Just to reiterate this...

Arsenal Football Club have today released the following statement about Cesc Fabregas:

"Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is under contract with the Club until the summer of 2015. He is a highly-valued member of the team and part of our future plans.

"We have followed recent speculation linking Cesc with a move away from the Club but as there has never been any official approach for him, only two informal exchanges, in which we made it abundantly clear that we have no interest in transferring Cesc, we have refrained from publicly passing comment. However, yesterday evening we received an offer from Barcelona for Cesc and in response, we immediately and resolutely told them once again that we have no intention of selling our captain.

"To be clear, we will not make any kind of counterproposal or enter into any discussion. Barcelona have publicly stated that they will respect our position and we expect that they will keep their word."

http://www.arsenal.com/ne...barca-offer-for-fabregas

Yes this was from last year but Arsenal is quite clean on our intentions with Cesc so please stop looking into reports from madeuprumors.co.uk
Nothing has changed on our stance.

*Edit* Here is an interview from 2 months ago making our intentions pretty clear again.

i understand why they want cesc but they really really dont need him, what they have obviously works, granted i understand why they want him, i dont see why lol

i understand why they want cesc but they really really dont need him, what they have obviously works, granted i understand why they want him, i dont see why lol

xblaze23 - I agree with most if not all of what you where saying . However, I think barca will still try everything to get cesc, I think more out of spite now then necessity. Also, Xavi is only getting older (not that he is at all having any loss of form) but i guess they figure this adds another long term option for mf. Still alot of money for someone who is not gonna have a huge impact , but let's be serious barca has made some of the worst decisions when it has come to the purchasing and selling of players.. (the ibra/eto'o deal is still one of the worst IMO). It must drive them nuts to have to pay for players who were already in their academy's (pique, and now cesc). Watch bojan move on and them clammer and pay to get him back Now as real is concerned if I had to choose between kun and Neymar .. I think they would be dumb to take Neymar over kun. Kun is an established proven forward .. Who has played in la liga and Europe (although it was Europa lg). No guarantees with Neymar, although I'm sure he will transition well. Kun has to be looked at like the more stable option. Kaka on the bench is crazy to me. For the love of him, I will hope that they sell him to a team that will play him more. Just hope it's not city or Chelsea. Started following you on twitter.. Anyone else who is looking for some footie convo my name is @bennyfonzarelli .. I'll follow back

xblaze23 - I agree with most if not all of what you where saying . However, I think barca will still try everything to get cesc, I think more out of spite now then necessity. Also, Xavi is only getting older (not that he is at all having any loss of form) but i guess they figure this adds another long term option for mf. Still alot of money for someone who is not gonna have a huge impact , but let's be serious barca has made some of the worst decisions when it has come to the purchasing and selling of players.. (the ibra/eto'o deal is still one of the worst IMO). It must drive them nuts to have to pay for players who were already in their academy's (pique, and now cesc). Watch bojan move on and them clammer and pay to get him back Now as real is concerned if I had to choose between kun and Neymar .. I think they would be dumb to take Neymar over kun. Kun is an established proven forward .. Who has played in la liga and Europe (although it was Europa lg). No guarantees with Neymar, although I'm sure he will transition well. Kun has to be looked at like the more stable option. Kaka on the bench is crazy to me. For the love of him, I will hope that they sell him to a team that will play him more. Just hope it's not city or Chelsea. Started following you on twitter.. Anyone else who is looking for some footie convo my name is @bennyfonzarelli .. I'll follow back

This is why Barcelona want Cesc, not trying to go at Xavi everyone knows how great he is, but Barcelona know how good Cesc is.
To be honest I don't think Cesc will go unless we get Thiago and I doubt they will let him go, and AW has stated many times that Cesc is going no where.

Xavi since 04 – goals 49, assists 65, total apps 347. Cesc since 04 – goals 52 , assists 88, total apps 310

Also I'm not sure about Neymar yeah he's good but it doesn't seem like he wants to leave Brazil but it is RM.

Twitter is in the sig, I already follow some of you.

This is why Barcelona want Cesc, not trying to go at Xavi everyone knows how great he is, but Barcelona know how good Cesc is.
To be honest I don't think Cesc will go unless we get Thiago and I doubt they will let him go, and AW has stated many times that Cesc is going no where.

Xavi since 04 – goals 49, assists 65, total apps 347. Cesc since 04 – goals 52 , assists 88, total apps 310

Also I'm not sure about Neymar yeah he's good but it doesn't seem like he wants to leave Brazil but it is RM.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Thanks for posting those stats, I saw them on another site after my initial response. It shows just how talented Cesc is right now at only 24. Xavi wasn't on this level at that age so it shows just how talented Cesc is and how great he could become. Also it really puts into context how much of an insult Barca's "offers were last season.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Thanks for posting those stats, I saw them on another site after my initial response. It shows just how talented Cesc is right now at only 24. Xavi wasn't on this level at that age so it shows just how talented Cesc is and how great he could become. Also it really puts into context how much of an insult Barca's "offers were last season.

Personally, I think its time for Cesc to go, on a couple conditions. Re-sign Nasri first - Get a young player in return - and spend the money we get on one or 2 class players. If he goes and we get Eden Hazard and someone like Sakho or Gourcuff im absolutely ok with it. It would also let us give the armband to Vermaelen, who I feel would be a much better captain than Cesc.

Personally, I think its time for Cesc to go, on a couple conditions. Re-sign Nasri first - Get a young player in return - and spend the money we get on one or 2 class players. If he goes and we get Eden Hazard and someone like Sakho or Gourcuff im absolutely ok with it. It would also let us give the armband to Vermaelen, who I feel would be a much better captain than Cesc.

started to follow some here, @adrianlagman, if i havent follow me and let me know on twitter and ill follow u asap

and what are the odds sakho goes to arsenal? dude is real young he'd do good for them and will fit in the physical english league just fine

started to follow some here, @adrianlagman, if i havent follow me and let me know on twitter and ill follow u asap

and what are the odds sakho goes to arsenal? dude is real young he'd do good for them and will fit in the physical english league just fine

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...oop-for-27m-Sanchez.html

MANCHESTER UNITED last night stole a march in the battle for Alexis Sanchez when David Gill flew to Spain to seal the deal.
And the Old Trafford chief executive hopes to wrap up a £27million transfer for football's most wanted man within the next few days.
If Gill pulls off the audacious swoop - pipping Manchester City, Barcelona and a host of other European giants - it will take manager Alex Ferguson's summer spending to an amazing £82m.
Gill met Udinese president Gino Pozzo yesterday - ironically in Barcelona, where the Italian supremo lives - to thrash out an agreement.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...nchez.html#ixzz1PJpR6J38

if true....

sick.gif
sick.gif
Oh man...........
sick.gif
sick.gif

If Young's arrival didn't, I would assume this would certainly end Nani's time at OT. Shame because I felt that he was just starting to develop into a consistent world class player. Fergie sure was right when he said he was prepared to splash out the $ BUT is this Glazer's $ or is the beginning of a new reign at OT
nerd.gif

We still need help in the middle of the park though 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Read Chelsea are very interested as well. IMO for the price I've seen put on him, he's a way better buy than Cahill at 20 mil pounds

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...oop-for-27m-Sanchez.html

MANCHESTER UNITED last night stole a march in the battle for Alexis Sanchez when David Gill flew to Spain to seal the deal.
And the Old Trafford chief executive hopes to wrap up a £27million transfer for football's most wanted man within the next few days.
If Gill pulls off the audacious swoop - pipping Manchester City, Barcelona and a host of other European giants - it will take manager Alex Ferguson's summer spending to an amazing £82m.
Gill met Udinese president Gino Pozzo yesterday - ironically in Barcelona, where the Italian supremo lives - to thrash out an agreement.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...nchez.html#ixzz1PJpR6J38

if true....

sick.gif
sick.gif
Oh man...........
sick.gif
sick.gif

If Young's arrival didn't, I would assume this would certainly end Nani's time at OT. Shame because I felt that he was just starting to develop into a consistent world class player. Fergie sure was right when he said he was prepared to splash out the $ BUT is this Glazer's $ or is the beginning of a new reign at OT
nerd.gif

We still need help in the middle of the park though 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Read Chelsea are very interested as well. IMO for the price I've seen put on him, he's a way better buy than Cahill at 20 mil pounds

Back
Top Bottom