The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Personally, I think its time for Cesc to go, on a couple conditions. Re-sign Nasri first - Get a young player in return - and spend the money we get on one or 2 class players. If he goes and we get Eden Hazard and someone like Sakho or Gourcuff im absolutely ok with it. It would also let us give the armband to Vermaelen, who I feel would be a much better captain than Cesc.

Yes but one Barca aren't offering his true value when players like Andy frickin Caroll are going for 35 million pounds and two we all know that we WONT use the money from Cesc's potential sale to buy world class players. We arent in a position where we need to sell Cesc to fund any transfers so there is no reason why we cant bring in players like Sakho and Hazard (Both who I'd love to sign aswell) and keep our best player. Lastly nothing shows less ambition than looking to sell one of you two only world class players (RVP being the other), I believe selling Cesc would lead to a few other players to look to greener pastures.

I do agree that TV would make a great captain plus I believe Cesc would preform alot better without the pressure of the armband, but removing it now is a delicate situation and it could do more harm than good. Also if Cesc wasnt captain RVP would become captain over TV as he is vice-captain.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Personally, I think its time for Cesc to go, on a couple conditions. Re-sign Nasri first - Get a young player in return - and spend the money we get on one or 2 class players. If he goes and we get Eden Hazard and someone like Sakho or Gourcuff im absolutely ok with it. It would also let us give the armband to Vermaelen, who I feel would be a much better captain than Cesc.

Yes but one Barca aren't offering his true value when players like Andy frickin Caroll are going for 35 million pounds and two we all know that we WONT use the money from Cesc's potential sale to buy world class players. We arent in a position where we need to sell Cesc to fund any transfers so there is no reason why we cant bring in players like Sakho and Hazard (Both who I'd love to sign aswell) and keep our best player. Lastly nothing shows less ambition than looking to sell one of you two only world class players (RVP being the other), I believe selling Cesc would lead to a few other players to look to greener pastures.

I do agree that TV would make a great captain plus I believe Cesc would preform alot better without the pressure of the armband, but removing it now is a delicate situation and it could do more harm than good. Also if Cesc wasnt captain RVP would become captain over TV as he is vice-captain.

^The Sun is such a trash publication.
laugh.gif

*edit* I don't get why the formatting keeps %@$!%@* up on the article when I paste from my phone!
Cesc Fabregas has admitted he is frustrated at Arsenal's lack of recent success but maintains he is happy at Emirates Stadium.

The Spain international continues to be linked with a return to Barcelona, where he started his career before moving to North London as a teenager.

The 24-year-old insists that no decision has been reached over his future and admitted that the Gunners and manager Arsene Wenger would have a major say over where he is playing his football next season.

Fabregas, who missed the closing weeks of the season through injury, revealed he had not spoken to Wenger since early May when he was interviewed at a promotional event in Spain.

The gifted midfielder remains confident that the Gunners can end their six-year silverware drought, but would not be drawn over the latest Camp Nou reports when the question was inevitably raised.

Fabregas said: "A player who is not frustrated at not winning titles is either lying to himself or lacks ambition.

"There is a good team and a good manager and one of the most faithful fan bases in Europe. With those I believe we can make progress and one day win an important trophy.

"I am an Arsenal player. I have been very happy for eight years and I am very happy. I am not thinking about football right now, just about my holidays.

"There have been no decisions. The truth is that it doesn't always depend on the player and at the moment I don't know anything.

"He (Wenger) is the boss, the one who makes the decisions. You should ask him. I was injured at the end of the season and I haven't seen him for about six weeks.

"I am very happy where I am. Anything else would be speculation that is untrue. You can never say never in this life as so many things happen that you can never predict."

http://www.skysports.com/...0,,20876_6990509,00.html

Cesc says he's happy and reports otherwise are untrue and that the decision on transfers are up to the boss. Wenger is pretty adamant about not looking to s ell, so hopefully @*@* papers like the Sun will stop putting out nonsense.

Yes we all know he'll leave eventuality but he isn't this year ( and hopefully not until after winning every title possible from next season until the year 2014.
laugh.gif
)

Now Wenger needs to go sign some quality players or we are just wasting hiw talents and we might as well sell him.

Go sign some quality %+!%%*@ players Wenger!!!

^The Sun is such a trash publication.
laugh.gif

*edit* I don't get why the formatting keeps %@$!%@* up on the article when I paste from my phone!
Cesc Fabregas has admitted he is frustrated at Arsenal's lack of recent success but maintains he is happy at Emirates Stadium.

The Spain international continues to be linked with a return to Barcelona, where he started his career before moving to North London as a teenager.

The 24-year-old insists that no decision has been reached over his future and admitted that the Gunners and manager Arsene Wenger would have a major say over where he is playing his football next season.

Fabregas, who missed the closing weeks of the season through injury, revealed he had not spoken to Wenger since early May when he was interviewed at a promotional event in Spain.

The gifted midfielder remains confident that the Gunners can end their six-year silverware drought, but would not be drawn over the latest Camp Nou reports when the question was inevitably raised.

Fabregas said: "A player who is not frustrated at not winning titles is either lying to himself or lacks ambition.

"There is a good team and a good manager and one of the most faithful fan bases in Europe. With those I believe we can make progress and one day win an important trophy.

"I am an Arsenal player. I have been very happy for eight years and I am very happy. I am not thinking about football right now, just about my holidays.

"There have been no decisions. The truth is that it doesn't always depend on the player and at the moment I don't know anything.

"He (Wenger) is the boss, the one who makes the decisions. You should ask him. I was injured at the end of the season and I haven't seen him for about six weeks.

"I am very happy where I am. Anything else would be speculation that is untrue. You can never say never in this life as so many things happen that you can never predict."

http://www.skysports.com/...0,,20876_6990509,00.html

Cesc says he's happy and reports otherwise are untrue and that the decision on transfers are up to the boss. Wenger is pretty adamant about not looking to s ell, so hopefully @*@* papers like the Sun will stop putting out nonsense.

Yes we all know he'll leave eventuality but he isn't this year ( and hopefully not until after winning every title possible from next season until the year 2014.
laugh.gif
)

Now Wenger needs to go sign some quality players or we are just wasting hiw talents and we might as well sell him.

Go sign some quality %+!%%*@ players Wenger!!!

I dont think Arsenal can sell Cesc at any price because Wenger has shown he isn't interested in
using the funds he already has available to him. Also with what RVP said in the past week or so
if Cesc goes Arsenal aren't even a top 5 club in the sense a top 5 club (easily top 3) doesn't sell
their best player/captain especially with their success in Europe.

If they sell Cesc, which I dont think will happen, I feel in the matches I watched that Nasri works
better in the middle (someone may disagree, but thats my opinion), and if Wenger could use the
funds they should receive for Cesc, Arsenal could really bolster their entire team and become an
even bigger force in England.

Being a Spurs supporter I really hope Cesc leaves as I think Arsenal will have real trouble ever recovering

I dont think Arsenal can sell Cesc at any price because Wenger has shown he isn't interested in
using the funds he already has available to him. Also with what RVP said in the past week or so
if Cesc goes Arsenal aren't even a top 5 club in the sense a top 5 club (easily top 3) doesn't sell
their best player/captain especially with their success in Europe.

If they sell Cesc, which I dont think will happen, I feel in the matches I watched that Nasri works
better in the middle (someone may disagree, but thats my opinion), and if Wenger could use the
funds they should receive for Cesc, Arsenal could really bolster their entire team and become an
even bigger force in England.

Being a Spurs supporter I really hope Cesc leaves as I think Arsenal will have real trouble ever recovering

lol cesc wants to go so bad but barca's not gonna drop the $

let's be real he won't go this year but he's counting down the days until he does

if i see one more "news" story about [insert barca player] saying they want to play with cesc or that cesc wants to come to barca i'm gonna punch my computer screen. enough already, we get it.

lol cesc wants to go so bad but barca's not gonna drop the $

let's be real he won't go this year but he's counting down the days until he does

if i see one more "news" story about [insert barca player] saying they want to play with cesc or that cesc wants to come to barca i'm gonna punch my computer screen. enough already, we get it.

was that in euros or sterling? either way way too low

surprised united hasnt made a bid for him.......i know theres talk of them pursuing nasri and sneijder but i dont see it happening

was that in euros or sterling? either way way too low

surprised united hasnt made a bid for him.......i know theres talk of them pursuing nasri and sneijder but i dont see it happening

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Chelsea's 22m bid for Modric has been snubbed by Spurs...

this is getting interesting...
eek.gif
It was in euros and rejected within 2 hours
Apparently Levy is very angry with the offer and may not listen to anything else

Modric will not leave Tottenham if Spurs want to truly change their image

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Chelsea's 22m bid for Modric has been snubbed by Spurs...

this is getting interesting...
eek.gif
It was in euros and rejected within 2 hours
Apparently Levy is very angry with the offer and may not listen to anything else

Modric will not leave Tottenham if Spurs want to truly change their image

Jones is a bit of a gamble for United but could make for a strong, young CB pairing beside Chris Smalling. Supposedly Fergie has dropped the club's interest in Modric and is pursuing Sneijder feverishly instead. 
Spurs feel offended by Chelsea's initial offer so who knows what that could mean for future negotiations. Blues should name their manager in the next two weeks with Hiddink likely returning to Stamford Bridge. 

It seems Nasri is re-negotiating an extended stay at Emirates despite United's reported interest and Evra's public support. 

Alexis Sanchez will likely end up at Barca, United, or City. Although City appears to be his least likely destination, they could be the dark horse to land the Chilean winger's services. 

Barcelona's top priority is Rossi and a LB long-term replacement for Abidal. Given Pep isn't satisfied with Maxwell and Adriano in the starting 11 going forward. Fabregas would be a major luxury and the rumors won't spot until he's inevitably at Camp Nou eventually. 

I'd be pleasantly shocked if Neymar ends up in a Madrid kit, Chelsea has been the clear favorite throughout the bidding process. 

Jones is a bit of a gamble for United but could make for a strong, young CB pairing beside Chris Smalling. Supposedly Fergie has dropped the club's interest in Modric and is pursuing Sneijder feverishly instead. 
Spurs feel offended by Chelsea's initial offer so who knows what that could mean for future negotiations. Blues should name their manager in the next two weeks with Hiddink likely returning to Stamford Bridge. 

It seems Nasri is re-negotiating an extended stay at Emirates despite United's reported interest and Evra's public support. 

Alexis Sanchez will likely end up at Barca, United, or City. Although City appears to be his least likely destination, they could be the dark horse to land the Chilean winger's services. 

Barcelona's top priority is Rossi and a LB long-term replacement for Abidal. Given Pep isn't satisfied with Maxwell and Adriano in the starting 11 going forward. Fabregas would be a major luxury and the rumors won't spot until he's inevitably at Camp Nou eventually. 

I'd be pleasantly shocked if Neymar ends up in a Madrid kit, Chelsea has been the clear favorite throughout the bidding process. 

if chelsea even get close to 35 million for modric i will laugh, reports are that it will cost them (chelsea) 41 million to get neymar

Back
Top Bottom