The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Anyone going to Barca v. Man U at FedEx field in Landover, MD on July 30th?

Just had to pay an arm and a leg for good seats, so buy quickly.

From soccernet: Rumors of a Nasri announcement at 9pm BST.
Another trash twitter rumor.

Gooners have been giving him crap on twitter over the things that have come out in the press, but he said simply stated not to believe everything they read and if anything important comes up he will let them know. Football is a business and he got alot of international attention after his start of the year, so I'm not really mad at him trying to cash in and get paid.

As an Arsenal fan I'm unmoved by the potential of him leaving. He's a great player but he's not the best winger and we have a world class creative midfielder in Cesc (who isnt going anywhere) so he's a downgrade there. If he stays great, if he leaves fine it will just force us to go out and get a true winger.

Oh and Wenger WILL not sell him to United. Period.
Originally Posted by beans718

^^ cant tell if serious
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Anyone going to Barca v. Man U at FedEx field in Landover, MD on July 30th?

Just had to pay an arm and a leg for good seats, so buy quickly.

From soccernet: Rumors of a Nasri announcement at 9pm BST.
Another trash twitter rumor.

Gooners have been giving him crap on twitter over the things that have come out in the press, but he said simply stated not to believe everything they read and if anything important comes up he will let them know. Football is a business and he got alot of international attention after his start of the year, so I'm not really mad at him trying to cash in and get paid.

As an Arsenal fan I'm unmoved by the potential of him leaving. He's a great player but he's not the best winger and we have a world class creative midfielder in Cesc (who isnt going anywhere) so he's a downgrade there. If he stays great, if he leaves fine it will just force us to go out and get a true winger.

Oh and Wenger WILL not sell him to United. Period.
Originally Posted by beans718

^^ cant tell if serious
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sporting KC vs Chicago has 9 minutes of stoppage time 
alien.gif
Anyone else watching want to fill me in on why this happened? I was watching the NBA.

Sporting KC vs Chicago has 9 minutes of stoppage time 
alien.gif
Anyone else watching want to fill me in on why this happened? I was watching the NBA.

eek.gif
chicharito, born goal scorer he has 5 in two matches!

also, would b great to see phil jones at united, if so we'd have what appears to be englands future center backs both playing in OT

eek.gif
chicharito, born goal scorer he has 5 in two matches!

also, would b great to see phil jones at united, if so we'd have what appears to be englands future center backs both playing in OT

Jada2001Retro wrote:
It looks like Clichy is on his way to Anfield...

And we look to have Oxlade-Chamberlain snapped up.
pimp.gif

Come on now. Do you really think we would accept a 5m bid from Liverpool for Clichy??  Starter at a top 4 club, tons of European experience and a full fledged international for 5m? Even after they just spent 20m on Henderson?? I know he only has a year left but that "offer" is insulting and Wenger would agree. Come on another crap rumor.

No hate but common sense would disprove alot of these "updates"

Jada2001Retro wrote:
It looks like Clichy is on his way to Anfield...

And we look to have Oxlade-Chamberlain snapped up.
pimp.gif

Come on now. Do you really think we would accept a 5m bid from Liverpool for Clichy??  Starter at a top 4 club, tons of European experience and a full fledged international for 5m? Even after they just spent 20m on Henderson?? I know he only has a year left but that "offer" is insulting and Wenger would agree. Come on another crap rumor.

No hate but common sense would disprove alot of these "updates"

You understand he can leave next summer for free...obviously he won't leave for £5 million, but I think Arsenal let him go for around £8 million.

We don't need him, his attitude is always suspect, we can get a better lb or just give Gibbs his chance.

You understand he can leave next summer for free...obviously he won't leave for £5 million, but I think Arsenal let him go for around £8 million.

We don't need him, his attitude is always suspect, we can get a better lb or just give Gibbs his chance.

^Yes I understand that and I mentioned it, but leaving free next year or not, my point is we would never sell Nasri to United or Clichy to Liverpool.

Next season is make or break for Wenger he wouldnt let his first team starters got to strengthen his rivals is all I'm saying and for sure not for the BS prices that have been "reported".

But i guess that is what we are going to deal with in the twitter age, anyone can make up a rumor. 

^Yes I understand that and I mentioned it, but leaving free next year or not, my point is we would never sell Nasri to United or Clichy to Liverpool.

Next season is make or break for Wenger he wouldnt let his first team starters got to strengthen his rivals is all I'm saying and for sure not for the BS prices that have been "reported".

But i guess that is what we are going to deal with in the twitter age, anyone can make up a rumor. 

i got a feeling nasri will be at united, meanwhile according to the sun, ashley young passed his medical and signed a 5 year deal at manchester united

i got a feeling nasri will be at united, meanwhile according to the sun, ashley young passed his medical and signed a 5 year deal at manchester united

When the hell are we going to sign someone who is actually established? If Fabregas or Nasri goes then we need to buy a proven player, Wenger needs to stop buying players with 'potential'.

When the hell are we going to sign someone who is actually established? If Fabregas or Nasri goes then we need to buy a proven player, Wenger needs to stop buying players with 'potential'.

Back
Top Bottom