The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by trunks206

Sorry for the long rant, but none of my good friends give a $!@* about soccer so I only have you guys to talk to.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Same here man. My only friend I can talk to about this is a CR fan, at first I thought it was Man U but when I told him he moved to Real he switched
laugh.gif
. Wishing him luck over there in Japan, in the Navy and stationed there
frown.gif

Sorry for the long rant, but none of my good friends give a $!@* about soccer so I only have you guys to talk to.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Same here man. My only friend I can talk to about this is a CR fan, at first I thought it was Man U but when I told him he moved to Real he switched
laugh.gif
. Wishing him luck over there in Japan, in the Navy and stationed there
frown.gif

You guys were talking about breaking in boots, I wish I was a professional and got free custom fit boots.
frown.gif

I've been breaking in a pair of Superfly II's this past week and they are by far the most painful boot I've ever had to break in.

Spoiler [+]
vwzw42.png

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Originally Posted by Demps

My dude Tex Shea has finally made the move to cb.

*dougies*
A great career decision. When Atletico wants to buy you on the spot and convert you to ____ and Real Madrid is very interested as well, you should do it.

And I think Stu definitely has the ability to play at a top four club before his career is done, especially in the EPL where his grit and determination are appreciated. If he's not a focal part of our central midfield this summer it will be a travesty.

You guys were talking about breaking in boots, I wish I was a professional and got free custom fit boots.
frown.gif

I've been breaking in a pair of Superfly II's this past week and they are by far the most painful boot I've ever had to break in.

Spoiler [+]
vwzw42.png

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

*dougies*
A great career decision. When Atletico wants to buy you on the spot and convert you to ____ and Real Madrid is very interested as well, you should do it.

And I think Stu definitely has the ability to play at a top four club before his career is done, especially in the EPL where his grit and determination are appreciated. If he's not a focal part of our central midfield this summer it will be a travesty.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
vwzw42.png

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

*dougies*

Damn. I haven't bought boots in years, but when I did I'd put bandaids on that part of my leg before I put my boots on. Helped alot, esp. since my cleats were $35 
laugh.gif

Some of my friends double up on socks to prevent blisters. I already have wide feet, so if I do that my foot feels even more suffocated than before

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
vwzw42.png

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

*dougies*

Damn. I haven't bought boots in years, but when I did I'd put bandaids on that part of my leg before I put my boots on. Helped alot, esp. since my cleats were $35 
laugh.gif

Some of my friends double up on socks to prevent blisters. I already have wide feet, so if I do that my foot feels even more suffocated than before

Yea I can't double up on socks under any circumstances. I need my socks as thin as possible. It's funny because I really don't blister even though I'm regularly breaking in new cleats, this is the first time in a long time.

Yea I can't double up on socks under any circumstances. I need my socks as thin as possible. It's funny because I really don't blister even though I'm regularly breaking in new cleats, this is the first time in a long time.

^^^I got blisters as well when I broke in my cleats last summer and double socking definitely helped prevent any further blistering.

As for Lehmann, I cant even be mad at the club for signing him as an emergency replacement. The club has what, 10 matches to go? Unless Almunia really stinks up the joint or gets hurt then one has to figure Lehmann probably wont see much action. I cant blame Wenger for the injuries to 2 GKs however Wenger and the club do deserve blame for keeping Almunia around all this time. Almunia never should've started the season as the club's #1 GK and I'll even go as far as arguing he should no longer be on the club. Anyways, Arsenal are going to have to ride out the rest of the season with two sub-par GKs (Lehmann's best days are obviously behind him) as well as the worst CB combo that we've had all season. Like it or not, Wenger does deserve blame for our current CB mess because he withheld from signing a CB in January because he had hope that Vermalen would make some sort of miraculous recovery.

Moving Song to CB would just further complicate issues and leave the club lacking weight in the middle. Wilshere has played well this season but we cant expect him to single-handedly dominate opposing midfields while Fabregas is out and if Song is hurt or playing CB.

I think Wenger needs to admit he was wrong and cut some underperformers this summer. Besides Almunia, guys like Clichy, Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner, etc should be axed. The Premiership has been wide open this season but at the same time it seems like no team is really worthy of being declared champions this year. Man Utd have been the most consistent team and find themselves on top despite all the points they've dropped and this team among the weaker teams they've had over the last decade or so. Then you have an Arsenal team that have been very inconsistent and wasted several opportunities to move into 1st yet despite all their miscues find themselves just 3 pts back of the league title.

^^^I got blisters as well when I broke in my cleats last summer and double socking definitely helped prevent any further blistering.

As for Lehmann, I cant even be mad at the club for signing him as an emergency replacement. The club has what, 10 matches to go? Unless Almunia really stinks up the joint or gets hurt then one has to figure Lehmann probably wont see much action. I cant blame Wenger for the injuries to 2 GKs however Wenger and the club do deserve blame for keeping Almunia around all this time. Almunia never should've started the season as the club's #1 GK and I'll even go as far as arguing he should no longer be on the club. Anyways, Arsenal are going to have to ride out the rest of the season with two sub-par GKs (Lehmann's best days are obviously behind him) as well as the worst CB combo that we've had all season. Like it or not, Wenger does deserve blame for our current CB mess because he withheld from signing a CB in January because he had hope that Vermalen would make some sort of miraculous recovery.

Moving Song to CB would just further complicate issues and leave the club lacking weight in the middle. Wilshere has played well this season but we cant expect him to single-handedly dominate opposing midfields while Fabregas is out and if Song is hurt or playing CB.

I think Wenger needs to admit he was wrong and cut some underperformers this summer. Besides Almunia, guys like Clichy, Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner, etc should be axed. The Premiership has been wide open this season but at the same time it seems like no team is really worthy of being declared champions this year. Man Utd have been the most consistent team and find themselves on top despite all the points they've dropped and this team among the weaker teams they've had over the last decade or so. Then you have an Arsenal team that have been very inconsistent and wasted several opportunities to move into 1st yet despite all their miscues find themselves just 3 pts back of the league title.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Almunia hasn't been playing badly lately though (although it's only been 2 matches 
laugh.gif
). He was beastly against Barca and if not for him the score could have been much worse

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Almunia hasn't been playing badly lately though (although it's only been 2 matches 
laugh.gif
). He was beastly against Barca and if not for him the score could have been much worse

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

trunks206 wrote:
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It's all good, I only have one good friend who's into soccer and he likes Real Madrid /Man United/any team playing against Barca 
sick.gif

laugh.gif
 really difficult to have rational convos about soccer with him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I feel you, glad Im not the only one.  I have a co-workers (not really friends) which one is a United fan and another who's a Chelsea supporter...needless to say its been a rough few weeks coming to work.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Its very hard for me because the only friends that I know that like soccer are Man U and Barca fans needless to say being an Arsenal fan its been a real rough week. And also being a Hamburg S.V. fan thank god none of them like Bayern.

And yes Wenger does need to own up to his mistakes in the transfer market but Im also tired of seeing Arsenal being so fragile every year since Thierry Henry got hurt it seems like they have been hot with the injury bug every year. Bring back The Invincibles squad they had a ton of depth and it never seem like they were hit with alot of injuries.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

trunks206 wrote:
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It's all good, I only have one good friend who's into soccer and he likes Real Madrid /Man United/any team playing against Barca 
sick.gif

laugh.gif
 really difficult to have rational convos about soccer with him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I feel you, glad Im not the only one.  I have a co-workers (not really friends) which one is a United fan and another who's a Chelsea supporter...needless to say its been a rough few weeks coming to work.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Its very hard for me because the only friends that I know that like soccer are Man U and Barca fans needless to say being an Arsenal fan its been a real rough week. And also being a Hamburg S.V. fan thank god none of them like Bayern.

And yes Wenger does need to own up to his mistakes in the transfer market but Im also tired of seeing Arsenal being so fragile every year since Thierry Henry got hurt it seems like they have been hot with the injury bug every year. Bring back The Invincibles squad they had a ton of depth and it never seem like they were hit with alot of injuries.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

http://www.metasox.com/

Oh wow those looks like they would have been a godsend when I played. Had my feet stomped/kicked so many times
30t6p3b.gif

Wouldnt mind ordering a pair to test out if I ever felt like jumping back on the pitch in the future, though.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

http://www.metasox.com/

Oh wow those looks like they would have been a godsend when I played. Had my feet stomped/kicked so many times
30t6p3b.gif

Wouldnt mind ordering a pair to test out if I ever felt like jumping back on the pitch in the future, though.

yikes at the price tag, I think i'll keep my metatarsal exposed.

When has Real Madrid ever been linked to that American player? I'm just curious cause I've never heard of it. The team has depth at CB.

yikes at the price tag, I think i'll keep my metatarsal exposed.

When has Real Madrid ever been linked to that American player? I'm just curious cause I've never heard of it. The team has depth at CB.

Those socks look useful but I can't use them. I don't wear double socks because I like my cleats as tight as possible, I usually drop a 1/2 size or even a full size depending on the fit of the shoe. With double socks my feet don't fit inside.
Originally Posted by xblaze23

Whenhas Real Madrid ever been linked to that American player? I'm justcurious cause I've never heard of it. The team has depth at CB.
I should have said 'very interested in buying him for dirt cheap' and letting him develop (or not) in their system.

InDecember, the Generation Adidas team traveled to Europe and played ahandful of friendlies. Break Shea who's a LW/LM/FWD was used as anemergency CB replacement. He was impressive, somuch so that after playing the Atletico and Real Madrid reserves bothteams inquired about him and apparently Atletico even made an offer.

Anyways, the link was what started the whole Brek Shea to CB debate which now seems to have come to an end.

Back
Top Bottom