The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

eek.gif
That clearance from Gallas

damn. frustrating match just like the first one. milan is dominating possession and holding the ball in the attacking third but not getting a ton of clear cut scoring opportunities. i really hope they dont get caught once on the break like the first leg. jankulovski is waaaay too slow and old for lennon but they have been doubling him up with boateng and thats kept him quite. as the match goes on though boateng is going to commit further forward and i know lennon will have a couple opportunities to run at the defense. @%#* peter crouch. i hate that guy
laugh.gif

damn. frustrating match just like the first one. milan is dominating possession and holding the ball in the attacking third but not getting a ton of clear cut scoring opportunities. i really hope they dont get caught once on the break like the first leg. jankulovski is waaaay too slow and old for lennon but they have been doubling him up with boateng and thats kept him quite. as the match goes on though boateng is going to commit further forward and i know lennon will have a couple opportunities to run at the defense. @%#* peter crouch. i hate that guy
laugh.gif

God damn it, Robinho. This is why this dude never became one of the world's very best players like so many thought when he first started. He has periods where he plays great, but then he does way too many stupid things. Was that ball really that unkickable? Like it was travelling at 150 mph?

Overall, a good first half by Milan.

God damn it, Robinho. This is why this dude never became one of the world's very best players like so many thought when he first started. He has periods where he plays great, but then he does way too many stupid things. Was that ball really that unkickable? Like it was travelling at 150 mph?

Overall, a good first half by Milan.

Yesterday's Arsenal vs. Barcelona game was disgusting, my hate for Barca grew stronger after it. If the ref's love Man U in the BPL, then the refs love Barcelona in the UCL.

Yesterday's Arsenal vs. Barcelona game was disgusting, my hate for Barca grew stronger after it. If the ref's love Man U in the BPL, then the refs love Barcelona in the UCL.

Besides the fk, where was Ibra all game?
nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ the Italian teams. Won't be surprised at all if when Inter loses next week.

Besides the fk, where was Ibra all game?
nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ the Italian teams. Won't be surprised at all if when Inter loses next week.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

u-mad-cuz-im-messi-on-you.jpg

u-mad-cuz-im-messi-on-you.jpg

I'm guessing you're still mad about our last meeting? If anything we Barca fans should also hate the refs for disallowing goals, not sending off Koscielny (he should have clearly gotten one more yellow in the 2nd half), and not awarding legit PKs
indifferent.gif

Abidal could have easily been tossed from the game and Van Persie did not deserve to get sent off in that manner, but refereeing was bad towards BOTH teams. We Barca fans don't make excuses about the refs in the first leg cause we definitely got outplayed regardless of getting screwed over

I'm guessing you're still mad about our last meeting? If anything we Barca fans should also hate the refs for disallowing goals, not sending off Koscielny (he should have clearly gotten one more yellow in the 2nd half), and not awarding legit PKs
indifferent.gif

Abidal could have easily been tossed from the game and Van Persie did not deserve to get sent off in that manner, but refereeing was bad towards BOTH teams. We Barca fans don't make excuses about the refs in the first leg cause we definitely got outplayed regardless of getting screwed over

PrurientSole wrote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Wow, Fabregas wasn't a leader or strong captain in the first leg just weeks ago at Emirates? He was willing the team to comeback from a 1-0 deficit, pumping up the crowd before every set-piece and constantly encouraging teammates. Have you all forgotten the clutch PK he hit last year in the CL? The back heel was absolutely terrible decision-making but you guys can't be serious challenging his loyalty to Arsenal. If Fabregas wanted to leave for Camp Nou he would have done so easily in the summer window especially after the monumental WC victory. Pique and Puyol were practically begging the man to join Barca and yet he stuck with the Gunners. 
I do question his fitness but given the high stakes one would think he'd be MORE criticized for sitting out and "quitting" on his team rather than play through the injury. I think he simply tried to do too much given the pressure and personal investment into the match against his Spanish teammates. Fabregas has had a mediocre season given the high standard we've come to expect, but no one can disregard his body of work at only 23 years-old. Stop putting so much value into the present term, I bet everyone changes their mind if Cesc can lead Arsenal to a FA Cup victory or PL crown. 

Prurient, just to make a correction Barcelona can no longer afford Fabregas. Real Madrid and Chelsea are the two favorites going into this summer. 
Regarding the first leg, I don't think he led the team at all.  To me, Wilshere was the more dominant, vocal, and active leader on the pitch.

And I'm not questioning his performance last year, only this.  I'm not even questioning his loyalty to the club.  But I don't believe it's a stretch to say that his performance this season has been, on the regular, far below what he's shown in the past, and one potential reason is that he may be distracted by an impending transfer during the Summer (didn't know about the Barca financial situation, thanks for the info).  Barca is extremely difficult to play against, no doubt, but I noticed Rosicky on the pitch more than I noticed Fabregas last night (though not for any of the right reasons).

And it's been that way in plenty of big matches this year.  That could be due to a variety of things, but something is different.  I'm in no way blaming the loss squarely upon him, but you just expect your "captain" to put himself about the pitch a bit more, be more visible, look more...  interested.

Regarding his not leaving the Emirates this summer, wasn't that more due to Wenger refusing to sell him?  I mean, kudos to him for not whining like a little girl about it like so many other players have done, but I believe he would've gladly gone to Barca had Arsenal let him.

I think the main thing that is wrong with Cesc this season is that hes been hurt ALOT. Last year Cesc literally put us on his back and carried us game in and game out. We were supposed to be out of the picture twice and he carried us in the hunt up until the very end of the season. Then came the World Cup and although he didnt play 90 mins every game he still played ALOT of games in the last calander year.

I think he's worn out but being the leader he is, he keeps coming back asap to try and fight for this team and its fans. His tweet after getting hurt against Stoke ahead of of the Carling Cup Final says it all...

"I dont know if I'll make Sunday or not, but all I know is that from this moment to Sunday I won't sleep if it's necessary. I've waited too long to captain a final for Arsenal and I won't give up till the last second."
Something was obviously worng with Cesc yesterday and I hope he isnt going to miss anymore time because as he goes this team goes.

PrurientSole wrote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Wow, Fabregas wasn't a leader or strong captain in the first leg just weeks ago at Emirates? He was willing the team to comeback from a 1-0 deficit, pumping up the crowd before every set-piece and constantly encouraging teammates. Have you all forgotten the clutch PK he hit last year in the CL? The back heel was absolutely terrible decision-making but you guys can't be serious challenging his loyalty to Arsenal. If Fabregas wanted to leave for Camp Nou he would have done so easily in the summer window especially after the monumental WC victory. Pique and Puyol were practically begging the man to join Barca and yet he stuck with the Gunners. 
I do question his fitness but given the high stakes one would think he'd be MORE criticized for sitting out and "quitting" on his team rather than play through the injury. I think he simply tried to do too much given the pressure and personal investment into the match against his Spanish teammates. Fabregas has had a mediocre season given the high standard we've come to expect, but no one can disregard his body of work at only 23 years-old. Stop putting so much value into the present term, I bet everyone changes their mind if Cesc can lead Arsenal to a FA Cup victory or PL crown. 

Prurient, just to make a correction Barcelona can no longer afford Fabregas. Real Madrid and Chelsea are the two favorites going into this summer. 
Regarding the first leg, I don't think he led the team at all.  To me, Wilshere was the more dominant, vocal, and active leader on the pitch.

And I'm not questioning his performance last year, only this.  I'm not even questioning his loyalty to the club.  But I don't believe it's a stretch to say that his performance this season has been, on the regular, far below what he's shown in the past, and one potential reason is that he may be distracted by an impending transfer during the Summer (didn't know about the Barca financial situation, thanks for the info).  Barca is extremely difficult to play against, no doubt, but I noticed Rosicky on the pitch more than I noticed Fabregas last night (though not for any of the right reasons).

And it's been that way in plenty of big matches this year.  That could be due to a variety of things, but something is different.  I'm in no way blaming the loss squarely upon him, but you just expect your "captain" to put himself about the pitch a bit more, be more visible, look more...  interested.

Regarding his not leaving the Emirates this summer, wasn't that more due to Wenger refusing to sell him?  I mean, kudos to him for not whining like a little girl about it like so many other players have done, but I believe he would've gladly gone to Barca had Arsenal let him.

I think the main thing that is wrong with Cesc this season is that hes been hurt ALOT. Last year Cesc literally put us on his back and carried us game in and game out. We were supposed to be out of the picture twice and he carried us in the hunt up until the very end of the season. Then came the World Cup and although he didnt play 90 mins every game he still played ALOT of games in the last calander year.

I think he's worn out but being the leader he is, he keeps coming back asap to try and fight for this team and its fans. His tweet after getting hurt against Stoke ahead of of the Carling Cup Final says it all...

"I dont know if I'll make Sunday or not, but all I know is that from this moment to Sunday I won't sleep if it's necessary. I've waited too long to captain a final for Arsenal and I won't give up till the last second."
Something was obviously worng with Cesc yesterday and I hope he isnt going to miss anymore time because as he goes this team goes.

Back
Top Bottom